Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus (OLD)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus (OLD)
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 12:56   #301
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
NHS to soon carry out 10,000 coronavirus tests a day in England as health bosses reveal plans to 'ramp up' facilities
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...10000-17901013
Old 11-03-2020, 13:22   #302
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Google (Alphabet) tells US staff to work from home (if they can).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...me/5016201002/
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 11-03-2020, 13:32   #303
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Eighth British citizen dies from coronavirus.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...087df56e4c64c5
More irresponsible journalism from the gutter press.

The person was already critically ill and without an autopsy the cause of death cannot be established.

Therefore they should be reporting that someone has died WITH the virus not FROM.
Old 11-03-2020, 14:46   #304
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the UK has now reached 456, the biggest rise in a single day in figures just released by the The Department of Health.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51839106

Quote:
It comes as NHS England plans to expand the number of people it can test in a day to 10,000, up from 1,500.
Old 11-03-2020, 16:52   #305
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

BREAKING: World Health Organisation has now officially declared COVID-19 a Pandemic.
Old 11-03-2020, 17:28   #306
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

That'll just make the panic buying worse: My Sainsbury's today as well as the pasta, rice and tinned tomatoes shelves having been stripped the eggs were empty as well. Tinned meat and bread were also taking a hammering.
Old 11-03-2020, 17:37   #307
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
That'll just make the panic buying worse: My Sainsbury's today as well as the pasta, rice and tinned tomatoes shelves having been stripped the eggs were empty as well. Tinned meat and bread were also taking a hammering.
No flour in the shop this morning.
Old 11-03-2020, 18:19   #308
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Sainsburys have said that if they've got it, people can buy whatever they want. I think that this encourages panic buying and shows that they have no care about looking after their regular customers.
Old 11-03-2020, 18:28   #309
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Sainsburys have said that if they've got it, people can buy whatever they want. I think that this encourages panic buying and shows that they have no care about looking after their regular customers.
On the contrary, rationing products encourages the impression that supply is limited and simply pushes the problem elsewhere. There is no shortage of supply of basic products and the only real problem is logistics, which is solvable with temporary measures such as suspending delivery curfews.

Once the idiots have all filled their cupboards with toilet rolls and pasta the panic will burn itself out, and then all the local community Facebook pages will be full of said idiots trying to sell on stuff they suddenly realise they have nowhere to keep and no chance of using before Christmas.
Old 11-03-2020, 19:11   #310
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

There are now 7 confirmed deaths of COVID-19 in UK, again, someone over 70 with underlying health conditions.

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Correction, make that 8, another person has just been announced.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...id-19-11955177

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

First COVID-19 Fatality being reported tonight in Republic of Ireland.
Old 11-03-2020, 19:19   #311
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Yeaterday Boris was talking about self isolation if you have flu like symptons stay at home for 7 days.

Well thats not going to happen where I work.

We have a sickness system called the Bradford Factor basically you get scored for the sickness, (1 3-day is better than 3 1-days). which can result in a wriiten warning.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Old 11-03-2020, 20:19   #312
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Yeaterday Boris was talking about self isolation if you have flu like symptons stay at home for 7 days.

Well thats not going to happen where I work.

We have a sickness system called the Bradford Factor basically you get scored for the sickness, (1 3-day is better than 3 1-days). which can result in a wriiten warning.
I am pretty sure that wouldn't last the legal test, in a Tribunal, given the present circumstances.

Emergency legislation will be put forth next week or soon, that stops employers, penalising their employees, for stopping the spread of the virus, by self isolating, by stopping at home.
Old 11-03-2020, 21:06   #313
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Same . . few years ago I spent 2 months in & out of hospital, followed by one month recovering from surgery.

Returned to work to face a disciplinary for absence, which ended up being a waste of everyones time
Old 11-03-2020, 21:16   #314
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I am pretty sure that wouldn't last the legal test, in a Tribunal, given the present circumstances.

Emergency legislation will be put forth next week or soon, that stops employers, penalising their employees, for stopping the spread of the virus, by self isolating, by stopping at home.
It is interesting for employers after years of hounding the genuinely sick.. Do they want to encourage staff with the virus to come in and wipe out the rest of the workforce? They might have penalise staff for 'presenteeism' instead.
Old 11-03-2020, 21:30   #315
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Same . . few years ago I spent 2 months in & out of hospital, followed by one month recovering from surgery.

Returned to work to face a disciplinary for absence, which ended up being a waste of everyones time
So is it a "disciplinary" or just an investigation asking questions and establishing the truth?
Closed Thread