You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.
Did you keep the operational config? Because you can still get 20 meg if that's what you're set up for at 16QAM and just about on a single channel.
that is what is weird. The increased upload speed wasn't a one off. When I first noticed it I sat there watching it thinking it was burst speed and waited for it to come back down to its usual 1.42MB/sec but it sustained 1.6-1.7MB/sec for well over 1 hour. I still thought it was a one off but it happened time and time again during the day and night for well over a week. The weird thing is that my config didn't change, it stayed at 152/12. I can't remember whether I took a screen dump of it but I defo remember telling Igni about it in the thread thinking that he could shed some light on it.
that is what is weird. The increased upload speed wasn't a one off. When I first noticed it I sat there watching it thinking it was burst speed and waited for it to come back down to its usual 1.42MB/sec but it sustained 1.6-1.7MB/sec for well over 1 hour. I still thought it was a one off but it happened time and time again during the day and night for well over a week. The weird thing is that my config didn't change, it stayed at 152/12. I can't remember whether I took a screen dump of it but I defo remember telling Igni about it in the thread thinking that he could shed some light on it.
You're not going insane in the mind, I noticed this too. I was seeing higher upload to multiple sources on and off until my firmware rolled back.
Services: RG41: 1Gig VOLT
Rutland: Gigaclear 400/400
Posts: 13,205
Re: Firmware Change
They'll be reactivating Public WiFi in the trial area (Reading) in the not too distant future. I'll specially look out for this, assuming they reinstate the 3 or 4 upstream channels.
On SH2 v2.01.03 firmware, modem mode users with certain routers that used the Broadcast flag (you can Google that!) but didn't allow a choice of Broadcast flag found itself on the wrong side of what would be accepted as a request to be connected. I.e. they couldn't get a WAN IP address.
This shouldn't be more than two lines of code to fix. But then Q.A., regression testing, change control and all that faff...
Services: RG41: 1Gig VOLT
Rutland: Gigaclear 400/400
Posts: 13,205
Re: Firmware Change
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq
This shouldn't be more than two lines of code to fix. But then Q.A., regression testing, change control and all that faff...
Indeed. Yet look how long it's taking. I'm informed that there is a new firmware coming and that the Public WiFi trial will be rescheduled for the Reading Area. Date not communicated to me.