26-08-2012, 17:16
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,798
|
Re: Red button
One simple question before l throw the TiVo box out the window, do we get the RED BUTTON on the damn thing Yes or No.
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 17:17
|
#17
|
|
Guest
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Red button
Quote:
Originally Posted by squealy
Where's my red button for Barca v Osasuna on SS1? This is flipping useless.
|
Quite Frankly its not on i have sky sports until the Cricket season is finished and it goes up to £25.75.
It looks like either sky have trouble with the streams,or more likely are not supplying the stream in the first place as it does not appear in the red button august calendar,have tried it on my box and no red button either,plenty of waffle on the Liverpool v Manchester City game though.
|
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 17:18
|
#18
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: Red button
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42
us VM customers always getting treat like second class citizens it sucks Den mate
|
There is no excuse for not having the full red button as we are paying enough.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 17:19
|
#19
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Services: 360 box
Posts: 5,875
|
Re: Red button
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu
One simple question before l throw the TiVo box out the window, do we get the RED BUTTON on the damn thing Yes or No.
|
yes but it on limited things
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 17:23
|
#20
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: CF24
Services: M tv
Broadband
150Mb/s.
Superhub 3
V6
Posts: 817
|
Re: Red button
I suggest paying for subscription tv through the internet, and then streaming to tv. That's what I do. VMedia just cannot deliver their promises.
PM me if you need ideas.
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 17:33
|
#21
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15
|
Re: Red button
Does anyone have Virgin broadband and Sky TV? Me and my mrs only really watch Sky Sports and Sky Movies, and this useless red button support is doing my head in.
smallcone, I've been looking at getting a foreign streaming service via VPN for the football, any suggestions?
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 17:51
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nottingham
Services: V+, XL TV, Sky Sports/Movies, M broadband and phone
Posts: 366
|
Re: Red button
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone
I suggest paying for subscription tv through the internet, and then streaming to tv.
|
I suggest VM provide me with what I'm paying for. £3.25 per month price increase for Sky Sports. Will we get red button coverage of La Liga for that?
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 18:02
|
#23
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: CF24
Services: M tv
Broadband
150Mb/s.
Superhub 3
V6
Posts: 817
|
Re: Red button
Quote:
Originally Posted by squealy
I suggest VM provide me with what I'm paying for. £3.25 per month price increase for Sky Sports. Will we get red button coverage of La Liga for that?
|
I've never considered being without a paid subscription for sky sports - that I can record.
But this is just taking the [Mod Edit]out of me. I'm really thinking about it.
[Mod Edit] - do not use words which activate the Site swear filter - this is against Site T&Cs
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 18:16
|
#24
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Red button
If you don't mind watching a relatively naff picture on an iPad Sky Sports TV (1-4, News, F1 & ESPN) is only £5 a month.
I have no idea how or why they offer it for that price.
|
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 18:22
|
#25
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,798
|
Re: Red button
Sorry to say this but VM won't do that, l am actually trying my hardest to persuade my wife to go back to Sky.
I have simply had enough of the very engineering side and poor service from the whole company, They make all these promises, but nothing gets done, you contact the CEO office and all they do is offer you a discount for the bad service.
I will always be critical of a company if they provide a bad service, we pay a great deal of money for services and we simply don't get it. Yes l have been with both Sky and now VM, but my god Sky is ten times better at there service.
People may say that we get the content from Sky, but VM makes these promises but dont keep them, when you have a fault, they send poor engineers out and you NEVER get a supervisor phone up and say ' are you happy with the repair'. My wife has a go at me if say the truth and have a go at VM Engs. If the truth hurts then tough. I turned on my Red Button several times and the service was down.
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 20:24
|
#26
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Oldham - Gtr. Manchester
Posts: 290
|
Re: Red button
The Red Button experience is the only thing I preferred on my old V+ box to the TiVo I now have. I don't want BBC Sport aps or anything else the Tivo offers up when I press the Red Button. I just want to tune into the channel i'm watching for snooker, tennis, football etc... press the Red Button and be given the option of watching other matches not being covered by the main channel at that time. Simple....well you would think so wouldn't you.
|
|
|
27-08-2012, 12:19
|
#27
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,798
|
Re: Red button
I have said this all along, in all my years on Sky, l hardly ever had to call Sky with a problem.
With VM l have had so many engineer call out that l have lost count - terrible service, and yet we have members on here praising them to high hilt, When l pay for a service, them l expect it, l don't want to get fob off by a CS or an engineer to say this and that is causing the problem.
I paid a warranty each year for our dish, and when there was a problem it was worth every penny, with VM we pay £5.00 per month for the upkeep of the box - VM told us that - and yet we have a system that does not work properly, and there fore VM should repair it.
At the moment there are problems, according to the VM website since FRIDAY and it won't be fixed until today MONDAY, how pathetic.
|
|
|
27-08-2012, 15:40
|
#28
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Red button
The handful of times we've had issues with our boxes (around 5 in i would say at least 12 13 years) we've had someone out the day after we called. Always on time, with a courtesy call to let us know they were close, issues fixed that day and never cost us a penny
|
|
|
|
27-08-2012, 16:18
|
#29
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: Red button
Arthur, I'm sorry about the problems you're having, but what you describe is the experience I had with Sky so don't be too surprised to hear people on this board praise Virgin-some of us have actually found the service to be much better. Obviously there are those like yourselves for whom the opposite is true.
|
|
|
30-08-2012, 14:34
|
#30
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Surrey
Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Posts: 1,227
|
Re: Red button
The choice of courts on Sky Sports Red Button for the US Open Tennis is wonderful imo.... :-)
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:01.
|