Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V+ Hard drive time left problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V+ Hard drive time left problem
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2011, 08:35   #16
pc49
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sale
Services: TIVO - XL TV 60mb Broadband
Posts: 12
pc49 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: V+ Hard drive time left problem

I have the same problem as all the other Samsung users with another slightly annoying quirk.

Sometimes when I delete a recording, the time left will actually go down instead of up.

Think I'll try the weekly reboot until the update is applied.

There's mention of reformatting the drive - how do you do that please?
pc49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-01-2011, 09:06   #17
jeffsm7
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Services: Virginmedia, V+ box
Posts: 2
jeffsm7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: V+ Hard drive time left problem

Having just read a few replies to this ongoing media box problem, I would just like to say that I do not think its a minor problem.
Both my wife and I feel we cannot rely on the V+ box to record our programmes. So much so, that my wife now records on our Panasonic freeview HD recorder whenever possible.
As well as 'The Apprentice' we now have a film that didn't record (0.00 mins) but keeps on reappearing despite deleting it.
I am yet to be convinced that an update will cure these problems, but will have to wait and see.
I am also coming around to my wifes view that 'tapes were better'. At least you can see what you are getting. If the HD fails, you have little chance of recovery. With a tape, there was always hope.
Incidentaly, we are both engineers in the broadcast industry, but still prefer analogue signals as there are still some problems with digital processing, mainly with 'solarisation'. I have to say, the deffinition in HD though is stunning on a good display!
jeffsm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 17:55   #18
spiderplant
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: V+ Hard drive time left problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmaffin View Post
are the updates OTA or do we have to do something?
OTA. They will just happen. Not for a while, though,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc49 View Post
Sometimes when I delete a recording, the time left will actually go down instead of up. Think I'll try the weekly reboot until the update is applied.
No need to reboot. Just do as nialli suggests - make a short recording then delete it. This will correct the gauge. I wouldn't recommend reformatting for this, either. (Though if you really want to, follow the link in my sig for instructions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsm7 View Post
As well as 'The Apprentice' we now have a film that didn't record (0.00 mins) but keeps on reappearing despite deleting it.
I am yet to be convinced that an update will cure these problems, but will have to wait and see.
You have a different problem, and that would need a reformat. It's unlikely to be fixed by new software.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:08.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum