Your brown trouser moments..
02-03-2009, 12:57
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: Your brown trouser moments..
Approaching a set of lights at 60 on my GPz900R with stationary traffic ahead then suddenly finding out that a trucks dumped a few gallon of diesel over the roadsurface...
|
|
|
02-03-2009, 13:19
|
#17
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: warrington
Age: 54
Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
Posts: 2,199
|
Re: Your brown trouser moments..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon
When I was younger I was trying my rollerblades out and thought I was ready for the hill that had a good downwards slope. Although there was one slight problem, I didnt know how to stop and ahead was a busy main road.
I was gathering speed and trying to keep my balance and felt like I was going to flip over and end up in hospital. Finally I saw a lamp post and just stretched out. Managed to cling on and slam into it but it could have been a lot worse. I was glad to have stopped.
|
I had an almost identical situation, on roller boots (not blades) big hill approx 1 in 4, for 1000 yards, half way down legs went numb with the vibration, hitting nearly 50 plus MPH, to find a big wooden farm gate was closed (normally open)at the bottom.
my brown trouser moment was'nt anticipation of hitting the gate at such speed, but seeing the damage i,d done to my right knee cap, once i,d finished bouncing off it.
off to A+E i went
i think maybe just a little bit crept out,
|
|
|
02-03-2009, 17:25
|
#18
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: Your brown trouser moments..
I know what you mean. My legs got numb too and all you felt was the uneven holes in the road as you try to keep your balance and desperately try and figure out what to do.
|
|
|
02-03-2009, 18:32
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Near Newcastle upon Tyne
Services: Player tv , V6, phone l, bb 100Meg.
Posts: 901
|
Re: Your brown trouser moments..
Mine was in the 70's travelling back up the A1, after watching Newcastle getting beat by Man' utd 7-2 and a night of clubbing.
My mate fell asleep at the wheel of his Capri just as we were overtaking an articulated lorry, we went partially underneath the trailer hitting the the wheels at the front.As we came out, the bonnet flew up and the windscreen shattered spraying the inside with glass.Then we headed for the central reservation, no crash barrier in them days.
That's when I started praying for us not to go over to the south bound lane, luckily we manage to stop on the grass.
The car was a write off, the worst injury was a cut nose sustained by the lad in the front passenger seat.When I got out it took me 10 minutes to light a cigarette I was shaking that much.
|
|
|
02-03-2009, 18:51
|
#20
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,103
|
Re: Your brown trouser moments..
Taking a short cut in Leeds one night, being directed by my daughter (24), the car died at lights, in a dodgy area we got surrounded by about 20 youths who started banging on the car and shouting abuse at us. It took me at least 2 minutes to get the car ticking over again, longest 2 minutes ever!
We both nearly had brown trousers!
I have never been so scared in my life, and I don't really do the scared thing!
|
|
|
03-03-2009, 21:04
|
#21
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cambridgeshire
Age: 64
Posts: 4,232
|
Re: Your brown trouser moments..
Being told i had Cancer, which, luckily, i beat!
I only was affected after i`d had the treatment for it though. I must have blocked it out or something.
|
|
|
04-03-2009, 11:22
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Glasgow
Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Posts: 9,158
|
Re: Your brown trouser moments..
A few months after passing my driving test deciding it was a good idea to take my eyes off the road and look for a cassette to put into the radio. And doing this while exceeding the speed limit and coming up to a sharp bend.
Luckily I'm a bit short. If I was a couple of inches taller they reckon I'd have been a goner. As it was I walked out and walked home shaking bits of glass out my hair.
|
|
|
04-03-2009, 11:52
|
#23
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Punmeister Towers
Age: 51
Services: Will provide gags for cash
Posts: 9,211
|
Re: Your brown trouser moments..
I've posted this one before, but I recently went to Cromer for work. Having left the house at about 5:45am (for a journey I've travelled at least 30 times before), I managed to completely misjudge a corner and ended up doing an emergency stop, whilst sliding sideways, and ended up about 6 inches from a ditch.
Not that it was my car, but it definitely woke me up...
|
|
|
05-03-2009, 07:42
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Right here!
Posts: 22,315
|
Re: Your brown trouser moments..
|
|
|
05-03-2009, 16:24
|
#25
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: Your brown trouser moments..
Oh my God ! That guy certainly had a miraculous escape!
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:26.
|