Be There! Or be Square!, What Shall I do!.
23-06-2007, 10:24
|
#16
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 190
|
Re: Be There! Or be Square!, What Shall I do!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirpingalot
I was just 200 metres from my exchange before I moved, but due to my awful experience with Tiscali, I shall never be going back to any form of DSL.
|
Tiscali are a steaming pile of excrement and are in no way representative of ADSL as a whole.
They pretty much give it away for a reason. Pay peanuts...
|
|
|
23-06-2007, 11:06
|
#17
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lancashire^uk
Services: Virgin Media The False Advertising Company
Posts: 237
|
Re: Be There! Or be Square!, What Shall I do!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirpingalot
Apparently, Be broadband is actually the same as Sky's 16mbit offering. They advertise it as 24mbit/s because it IS technically possible to achieve those speeds. Only realistically if you live RIGHT on TOP of the EXCHANGE!
|
there is people on bethere who do get 24mb m8
|
|
|
23-06-2007, 12:31
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2005
Services: Virgin Media 152mbit Broadband. But!. massive utilization issues 'Apparently' Killing it.
Posts: 232
|
Re: Be There! Or be Square!, What Shall I do!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire12
|
The results say:
You are approximately 3.16km from the exchange (straight line distance).
Verdict?. I think Below 10mbit Unfortunatly!. dam.
|
|
|
23-06-2007, 13:15
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lancashire^uk
Services: Virgin Media The False Advertising Company
Posts: 237
|
Re: Be There! Or be Square!, What Shall I do!.
ya m8 i was 2.4k from the exchange 8 meg i got
|
|
|
23-06-2007, 14:06
|
#20
|
|
Guest
Location: In a pretty place where the flowers grow.
Services: 25/25 Symetrical.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Be There! Or be Square!, What Shall I do!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safeman
there is people on bethere who do get 24mb m8
|
Yep 21mbit at my old house, and a full 2+mbit up, boy do i miss that... (800 metres from the exchange)
|
|
|
|
23-06-2007, 15:00
|
#21
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 38
Posts: 81
|
Re: Be There! Or be Square!, What Shall I do!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUser
The results say:
You are approximately 3.16km from the exchange (straight line distance).
Verdict?. I think Below 10mbit Unfortunatly!. dam.
|
Hey Mate 3.61KM is a Rough from That Checker.. 3.61KM Times 1.4 = 4.424KM (Real Line Lengh) at a guess . My Real Line Lengh is 3KM and i get 6.7 - 8MB
Be* Do not Supply there service for anyone over 5KM so at a guess you would get 1MB-1.5MB
On The Subject Be* Do not Traffic Shape nor do they Impose a Cap..
|
|
|
23-06-2007, 15:34
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lancashire^uk
Services: Virgin Media The False Advertising Company
Posts: 237
|
Re: Be There! Or be Square!, What Shall I do!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraxData
Yep 21mbit at my old house, and a full 2+mbit up, boy do i miss that... (800 metres from the exchange)
|
|
|
|
23-06-2007, 16:06
|
#23
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2005
Services: Virgin Media 152mbit Broadband. But!. massive utilization issues 'Apparently' Killing it.
Posts: 232
|
Re: Be There! Or be Square!, What Shall I do!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire12
so at a guess you would get 1MB-1.5MB.
|
oh dear, not good, not good at all.
|
|
|
23-06-2007, 16:20
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 38
Posts: 81
|
Re: Be There! Or be Square!, What Shall I do!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUser
oh dear, not good, not good at all. 
|
Are you on ADSL atm Mate??
Sorry About The Speed...Its Depends on the Things you have inside your house
The Be* Guys told me 4MB and i sync at 6.7MB
So all is Nice
|
|
|
23-06-2007, 16:55
|
#25
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CH6
Age: 35
Services: VM 20Mb BB
Posts: 1,375
|
Re: Be There! Or be Square!, What Shall I do!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire12
...and i sync at 6.7MB 
|
Wow, 6.7MByte/s, that's like 53.6mbit/s
---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------
I must admit that, at 200 meters from the exchange, Be's services are very tempting indeed. Unfortunately, latency is my main problem with DSL. Fibre is the way forward in terms of speed...
|
|
|
23-06-2007, 19:53
|
#26
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2005
Services: Virgin Media 152mbit Broadband. But!. massive utilization issues 'Apparently' Killing it.
Posts: 232
|
Re: Be There! Or be Square!, What Shall I do!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire12
Are you on ADSL atm Mate??.
|
No M8 I've always been on cable
|
|
|
24-06-2007, 09:31
|
#27
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CH6
Age: 35
Services: VM 20Mb BB
Posts: 1,375
|
Re: Be There! Or be Square!, What Shall I do!.
Well, that broadband availablity checker is reliable. Apparently, I can't have cable XD Cable broadband availability
The following information details the availability of cable broadband in your area.
Virgin Media cable is not available in your area
|
|
|
26-06-2007, 19:33
|
#28
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Birmingham, UK
Age: 40
Services: Freeview, BBC iPlayer, Be* ADSL2+ (September 2006 - September 2007), VM XL 20Mb (July 2007 onwards)
Posts: 67
|
Re: Be There! Or be Square!, What Shall I do!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirpingalot
Wow, 6.7MByte/s, that's like 53.6mbit/s
---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------
I must admit that, at 200 meters from the exchange, Be's services are very tempting indeed. Unfortunately, latency is my main problem with DSL. Fibre is the way forward in terms of speed...
|
200metres is nothing - the line would (should) be great quality, and you get Be* to put you on fastpath - bam, you eliminate interleaving from the equation an the latency is halved. WICKED line for gaming or time-critical uses like VoIP.
|
|
|
27-06-2007, 08:57
|
#29
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Birmingham
Services: TV XL
Sky Movies
Internet XL
Unlimited telephone
Posts: 266
|
Re: Be There! Or be Square!, What Shall I do!.
I was on BE before I moved to VM. I was about 2km from my exchange and always got speeds of 14mb down and full 1.4bm up.
If your that fed up with VM then go for it. I went the other way to get the complete package.
LTG
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:44.
|