Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Love and feelings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Love and feelings
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2004, 00:13   #16
Buxom_woman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Love and feelings

This one brings out sad feelings.
The theme to 'Titanic'. That's the song we played at my son's funeral. Can't listen to that any more.
  Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-06-2004, 00:26   #17
Earl of Bronze
Guest
 
Location: Belfast
Posts: n/a
Re: Love and feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
no - we will not allow you expressing your feelings about her, to be tumbleweed - the dignity you have shown defines you - I am just concerned you feel you need to take up your planned employment, given that your body is already damaged?
Thank-you homealone for you're kind words and concern.

My reason's for my next job are myrid, but while my body is healing (all-be-it with lumps), I feel that the events of this year have left me more damaged in spirit than anything else. The job in Iraq is'nt just for the money, but also rediscovering the person I was, and hopefully getting back my shettered self confidence. I could say more, but this thread is about love, and I still love Maureen as much now as I did on the day of the accident.
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 00:56   #18
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Woking
Age: 56
Posts: 2,266
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Re: Love and feelings

I have several songs that remind me of different women from the past. Also some different perfumes that remind me of a couple of them too. Whatever you do, don't rush things. I found someone who I still think of now and know that I should have been more patient. She was just coming out of a divorce and I didn't really understand how she felt and the space she wanted. I pushed it and when she wouldn't move as fast as I wanted, I ended it. Stupid, I'll regret it until the day I shuffle off this mortal coil. I've had 2 serious relationships since then, but neither have been as good and ended after a year or two. Ah well.
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 22:48   #19
Halcyon
Hello !
 
Halcyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Love and feelings

Thanks for all your replies. Memories of good times do certainly bring back some good feelings of happiness, and maybe sadness too.
But its hanging onto these good memories and feelings that I find most important.

I'm just going to be a good friend and see how each day goes. I know I'l like this girl all my life, but I'm prepared to be happy whatever happens.

However as most of us have discovered, its impossible to just turn off certain feelings as they are with you forever, and you will have feelings for that person forever. Thats how I feel right now, that I will always think highly of her as she is the most beautiful and kind person I've ever met.

Sorry for my ranting on and on. But yeah thats my 2 cents.
__________________
.
-

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 11:56   #20
luftys
Inactive
 
luftys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: outer space
Posts: 1,038
luftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant future
Re: Love and feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon
Thanks for all your replies. Memories of good times do certainly bring back some good feelings of happiness, and maybe sadness too.
But its hanging onto these good memories and feelings that I find most important.

I'm just going to be a good friend and see how each day goes. I know I'l like this girl all my life, but I'm prepared to be happy whatever happens.

However as most of us have discovered, its impossible to just turn off certain feelings as they are with you forever, and you will have feelings for that person forever. Thats how I feel right now, that I will always think highly of her as she is the most beautiful and kind person I've ever met.

Sorry for my ranting on and on. But yeah thats my 2 cents.
well good luck to you
even at my age it still the same when someone new comes into your life
Be yourself and be honest,then have Fun Fun Fun
luftys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 12:01   #21
Chris W
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Reading
Age: 42
Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Posts: 6,546
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W
Re: Love and feelings

Go for it. Love always hurts; whether it be because you get rejected or end up splitting up, or just the arguments while you are together that cause pain, love always hurts.

Saying that, if you don't take a chance then you will probably regret it afterwards. You don't have anything to lose.
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 12:15   #22
Ramrod
Inactive
 
Ramrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tonbridge
Age: 58
Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Posts: 21,960
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Love and feelings

Wicked game by Chris Isaak is 'our' song.......I know it's cheesy but you don't choose these things.
Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 12:29   #23
gary_580
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Love and feelings

i have songs all through my life that are attached to times in my life. Hearing these songs bring back memories. Its funny really when i reading this thread i heard Cyndi Lauper on the radio, Time after Time and i know this may be weird but it reminds me of picking roses in a field somewhere in Lincolnshire as this was something i did for a few weeks in the summer of 84 i think and this was constantly on the radio.

In terms of approaching someone Halcyon. I've never understood how people can approach someone theye never spoken too and say they have feelings. Surely the first step is to speak, if there are real feelings IMHO you dont have to tell someone, they will know, its called building a relationship.

Im met my wife and the first few times i met her it was with friends, then we did the "lets go to the coast" thing on a sunday and then kept seeing each other at the weekends and on the odd day in the week. In terms or a loving relationship i'd say it was about 6 months before we moved to that point. But hey im not saying this works for everyone but 15 years later were still together and been married 6 years. All i'd say is "Theres no rush"
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 12:42   #24
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,567
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Love and feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_580
i have songs all through my life that are attached to times in my life. Hearing these songs bring back memories. Its funny really when i reading this thread i heard Cyndi Lauper on the radio, Time after Time and i know this may be weird but it reminds me of picking roses in a field somewhere in Lincolnshire as this was something i did for a few weeks in the summer of 84 i think and this was constantly on the radio.

In terms of approaching someone Halcyon. I've never understood how people can approach someone theye never spoken too and say they have feelings. Surely the first step is to speak, if there are real feelings IMHO you dont have to tell someone, they will know, its called building a relationship.

Im met my wife and the first few times i met her it was with friends, then we did the "lets go to the coast" thing on a sunday and then kept seeing each other at the weekends and on the odd day in the week. In terms or a loving relationship i'd say it was about 6 months before we moved to that point. But hey im not saying this works for everyone but 15 years later were still together and been married 6 years. All i'd say is "Theres no rush"
Completely agree on all points! Lots of songs mean lots of things to me. While me and mrs towny were 'going out' (a bit of a poor description as I was living in Wirral and she was in Glasgow) she used to make me compilation tapes from her extensive CD collection that I would play in my car. At the time they were a very nice link to her, and spoke volumes as she always chose songs with lyrics in order to send me a message. But I find it painful to hear some of those songs on the radio now, because now we're married and together all the time, they just remind me of a time when we would only see each other for one weekend every 2 or 3 months!

As for taking your time, I couldn't agree more. Mostly our relationship developed by letter, as we used to write to each other a couple of times a week but only saw each other rarely. I think we got a very good foundation in our relationship as a result. If a 'relationship' is based on anything so superficial as physical attraction, then what happens when that person gets old and wrinkly, or, perish the thought, suffers a disfigurement for some reason?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 12:58   #25
gary_580
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Love and feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny
As for taking your time, I couldn't agree more. Mostly our relationship developed by letter, as we used to write to each other a couple of times a week but only saw each other rarely. I think we got a very good foundation in our relationship as a result. If a 'relationship' is based on anything so superficial as physical attraction, then what happens when that person gets old and wrinkly, or, perish the thought, suffers a disfigurement for some reason?
I forgot about letters too, when the wifety was atr college we used to see each other at the weekends only, but still wrote once a week and clled twice a week. As you say, build a good foundation and the relationship will be stong and wont topple over.

One thing i find funny is people talk about trust and there other halves and a lot of people dont trust there other half. Having gone through the relationship build we went through, we dont even think about trust, its a forgone conclusion that its 100% there and thats important for a relationship to be stable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 13:53   #26
Earl of Bronze
Guest
 
Location: Belfast
Posts: n/a
Re: Love and feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny
they just remind me of a time when we would only see each other for one weekend every 2 or 3 months!

As for taking your time, I couldn't agree more. Mostly our relationship developed by letter, as we used to write to each other a couple of times a week but only saw each other rarely. I think we got a very good foundation in our relationship as a result. If a 'relationship' is based on anything so superficial as physical attraction, then what happens when that person gets old and wrinkly, or, perish the thought, suffers a disfigurement for some reason?
My relationship with Maureen started in a similar fashon. We had six day's together in Toronto last September. Another 6 days together last December, and seven days together in feburary before tha accident. In between those days we emailed every day, then added in MSN chat sessions, and finally talking on the phone four or five times a week. Those nineteen days together now have to last me for whatever time I have left, but I would'nt change having met and loved Maureen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 15:15   #27
Halcyon
Hello !
 
Halcyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Love and feelings

That really is some great advice there and it is interesting to read how you all got to know people before relationships formed.
May those happy memories stay with you forever.
__________________
.
-

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:43.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum