Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Nasty accidents

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Nasty accidents
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2004, 14:06   #16
Jon M
Inactive
 
Jon M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Midlands
Age: 48
Services: Rural BB - Radio Link via Virgin Fibre
Posts: 2,947
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Send a message via MSN to Jon M
Re: Nasty accidents

I've not had any good ones myself, apart from the usually nasty falls off my bike and assorted other minor bumps and scrapes. I've never broken a bone that I'm aware of.

My brother-in-law however has some great stories... my favourite is that when he was in junior school, he got bored and tried sticking his little finger through each of the increasingly smaller holes in one of those plastic stencil sheets.

Inevitably he got it stuck.. and asked a friend to pull it off.
His friend pulled, and they thought they'd succeeded.. until they noticed that his finger was still in the stencil ( the skin anyway ).
He put the skin back on his finger .. and said to the teacher "I think I need to go to hospital".. she said ( assuming that he was messing about ) "oh really, and whats the matter?" .. he then proceeded to slide the skin on his finger up and down a few times for maximum effect.
The sight of this was obviously too much and she passed out.

Attached is the aftermath of a nasty accident.. I think the car used to be an A3.. I've no idea if the occupants survived or not.
Jon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-06-2004, 14:57   #17
orangebird
Inactive
 
orangebird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hampshire
Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
Posts: 5,684
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
Re: Nasty accidents

The worst I've done is the classic 'p1ssed up bird in heels in a night club doesn't look where she's going and falls down (1) step and breaks her ankle...
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 15:02   #18
Earl of Bronze
Guest
 
Location: Belfast
Posts: n/a
Re: Nasty accidents

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
The worst I've done is the classic 'p1ssed up bird in heels in a night club doesn't look where she's going and falls down (1) step and breaks her ankle...
I think that was listed as one of the '101 reason's women should'nt drink'.
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 08:38   #19
Salu
Inactive
 
Salu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Yorks
Age: 59
Services: VM TV package. VM phone and 200MB internet & slow Tivo
Posts: 2,332
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Salu
Re: Nasty accidents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrek
Do you get easily freaked out? Does the sight of blood make you weak? Here are two events that recently happened in this area to make you feel queesy.
I've worked in the medical profession for most of my life. I worked in A&E for 10 years and now am in teaching....

I would say that I am pretty level headed in a traumatic situation after being in them regularly you tend to take control where there isn't any and you do get a sort of "immunity" to some things. Certainly the blood and guts are no longer an issue. The tragedy of the situation is sometimes hard though. Especially the children. However, if you mentally placed yourself in those people's positions everyday you would end up in quite a mess, so you have to find ways of not doing so. There are many times when you can't help it though. Humour and a pinching of the arm to gain a sense of reality help. It effects you differently on different days.

How would you deal with the posh upper class toff who shouts at you when they have waited OVER 40 MINS TO GET THIS FINGER SEEN TO, when you have just walked away from a baby who has just died due to an asthma attack or meningitis? What would you say? Would you shout at him in frustration or politely explain the situation without giving anything confidential away, whilst maintaining a professional stance?

Anyway, I am getting slightly off topic so I'll conclude by saying that I have seen many many 'icky things but recalling them is hard as they tend to meld.....One that sticks in my head is treating a man who had jumped off the roof of a car park. Some 14 floors. When we were trying to remove his clothing to examine him I remember his legs were like jelly. They moved in every direction, just like a rag doll. When one of the nurses remove his shoe his foot came with it.........

I still reel a bit when I think of that!
Salu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:32.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum