20-06-2004, 22:24
|
#16
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Speed Cameras
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Xaccers
The radar in the Gatso determines your speed, not the white lines.
They can be used to give a rough confirmation of your speed should you contest the accuracy of the camera recorded speed.
A case I heard about involved a man going through roadworks.
The camera recorded him doing quite a bit more than the speed limit, he knew he wasn't speeding, so contested it.
The police "somehow" missed a few lines when they were counting so it showed him as speeding.
Thankfully his maths skills, along with his solicitor and the magistrate, were somewhat better than the police and showed that he hadn't been speeding.
|
i was more questioning the fact that it should have recorded me doing -40 mph in a 30 limit as i was going towards it??
|
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 22:29
|
#17
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 140
|
Re: Speed Cameras
http://www.speedcam.co.uk/
check what the public think to these cameras and ways to stop them. OK the government say they save lives!!!!!!!!!! 16% so why havent the other 84% been removed ? As they are not needed . I wish I had invested in manufactureing Break Pads for cars as the sales have probably doubled by now lol
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 22:30
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Peterborough
Posts: 47
|
Re: Speed Cameras
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gary_580
The one on Oundle Road outside side of Orton Longville school
|
Never seen that one go off!!! So you would have been heading towards Ferry Meadows? Three new cameras went up on Whittlesey road and huge skid marks appeared several days later near them. I live in Stanground and have never seen any major accidents to warrant the road an accident blackspot.
Constabulary cash machines anyone?
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 22:31
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Milling around Milton Keynes
Age: 49
Posts: 12,969
|
Re: Speed Cameras
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gary_580
i was more questioning the fact that it should have recorded me doing -40 mph in a 30 limit as i was going towards it??
|
Nah, only if it's programmed to understand minus 
If it simply says
aquire target distance 1
start timer
aquire target distance 2
stop timer
difference between distance 1 & 2 divided by time
Then it will just say what speed you were doing and if over the set limit, flash flash
As for cash machines, just before the sliproad onto the M275 out of portsmouth there is a Truvelo camera (portsmouth police apparently don't want to catch speeding bikers)
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 22:38
|
#20
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 140
|
Re: Speed Cameras
One good thing about a Motor Bike when you get flashed at the front . Like most of the ones they have where I live . NO Number plate
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 22:40
|
#21
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 45
Posts: 14,750
|
Re: Speed Cameras
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by mrmassive
http://www.speedcam.co.uk/
check what the public think to these cameras and ways to stop them. OK the government say they save lives!!!!!!!!!! 16% so why havent the other 84% been removed ? As they are not needed . I wish I had invested in manufactureing Break Pads for cars as the sales have probably doubled by now lol
|
Nice site. There used to be an awesome one run by the Dutch. Not helpful about here but really interesting nonetheless. It seems to have gone down now, but i'm sure it was http://www.tuftufclub.com Might just have the wrong addy/name though.
Edit: Seems like the Tuf Tuf Club is now Dutch only http://www.tt-c.nl/ It is funny putting it through Babelfish. Where's Dan when you need him?
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 22:48
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Stoke-On-Heaven
Age: 40
Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Posts: 1,758
|
Re: Speed Cameras
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Russ D
In theory yes, but the flashes are so instantanious that they are not likely to pose any real danger.
|
I beg to differ
I was travelling past one at around 7.30pm a few monthes ago. It wasn't fully dark, was about dusk. Anyway, there was a camera on the other side of the road, lines on both sides.. I wasn't aware I was over the limit, but it flashed.. It flashed just as I glanced at the camera for a split second, and completly dazzled me. Quite lucky that the road was empty, as im sure I veered to the right. Anyway, I had to pull over to 'recover', if you can put it like that. After about 10 minutes, my head was banging.. and I suffered a migraine as I got home. (Lights, Strobes.. etc seem to affect me)
Bloody road was a 40mph limit, completly open (Rural) and it didn't really pose any threat to be doing at least 60 there. So yeah, this camera was dangerous.
|
|
|
20-06-2004, 23:19
|
#23
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,064
|
Re: Speed Cameras
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Nikko
Just call up the Government and ask for a spin doctor
|
Your jokes are getting worse Nikko
|
|
|
21-06-2004, 18:11
|
#24
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Speed Cameras
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Steve H
I beg to differ
I was travelling past one at around 7.30pm a few monthes ago. It wasn't fully dark, was about dusk. Anyway, there was a camera on the other side of the road, lines on both sides.. I wasn't aware I was over the limit, but it flashed.. It flashed just as I glanced at the camera for a split second, and completly dazzled me. Quite lucky that the road was empty, as im sure I veered to the right. Anyway, I had to pull over to 'recover', if you can put it like that. After about 10 minutes, my head was banging.. and I suffered a migraine as I got home. (Lights, Strobes.. etc seem to affect me)
Bloody road was a 40mph limit, completly open (Rural) and it didn't really pose any threat to be doing at least 60 there. So yeah, this camera was dangerous.
|
yep, this one distracted me too. Did you get fined?
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:36.
|