Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New router required to replace D Link DIR 615

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New router required to replace D Link DIR 615

Old 28-02-2013, 17:46   #16
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: New router required to replace D Link DIR 615

Right I have the 3 files now - the top one says it contains file fragments 2,901kb, is that the one to move to the desktop and how do I do that or can I leave it where it is in my documents?
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-02-2013, 17:50   #17
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

leave it where it is if you can find it when you look for the file via the netgear web interface
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 17:55   #18
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

yes I found it, logged into routerlogin.net and found the router upgrade option, selected the file to upload and it said 'All existing internet connections will be terminated' Is this correct and what happens if I select OK? Will I just have to go through the initial setup process (i.e. ssid, password etc.) again or what? If I don't have any internet connection I won't be able to ask you what to do next lol

Do I need to disconnect anything like the cable modem or router or leave it all plugged in and connected as it is now?

If all this goes horribly pear shaped can I just reset the router and start again from factory settings like I had earlier?

TVM
Old 28-02-2013, 18:07   #19
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

ye. apply the upgrade.

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

click on setup wizard once the new firmware is loaded
Old 28-02-2013, 18:16   #20
Osem
Inactive

Well it seems to have worked!!!

After the router rebooted it came up again showing N.America as the region but this time the otther countries could be accessed and so I selected Europe and updated it. I notice the NA has now gone from the end of the firmware version too so that makes sense.

Where it says Mode, it's currently showing up to 72mbps, but there is also an option to select up to 150mbs. Do I leave as is or select the faster option. Not really sure what these settings are referring to tbh.

Thanks so much for all your help and patience.
Old 28-02-2013, 18:18   #21
thenry
Inactive

change mode to 150. and secure wifi.
Old 28-02-2013, 18:21   #22
Osem
Inactive

Security settings have stayed the same as when I did the set up - I can see the SSID and Password I created via the home screen and the security setting WPA2-PSK is ticked.

Will change mode to 150. Many thanks again.
Old 28-02-2013, 18:24   #23
thenry
Inactive

good stuff and youre welcome. have a look round the new firmware. there may be new feature which will interest you.
Old 28-02-2013, 18:27   #24
Osem
Inactive

Bit scared to do that tbh - frightened I'll touch something I shouldn't and create a whole heap of trouble... (just like with my wife )
Old 28-02-2013, 18:35   #25
thenry
Inactive

Old 28-02-2013, 21:10   #26
Osem
Inactive

It's OK I'm back in her good books, for now....

Thanks again pal.
Old 04-03-2013, 18:38   #27
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
change mode to 150
Ohgawd.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 18:46   #28
thenry
Inactive

Old 05-03-2013, 16:04   #29
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

My way of saying - why on earth would you suggest that?!
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 16:10   #30
thenry
Inactive

best option is it not?