Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 1
View Poll Results: If the election were held today, who would you vote for?
Labour 25 54.35%
Conservative 4 8.70%
Liberal Democrat 3 6.52%
Plaid Cymru OR SNP 1 2.17%
Reform UK 3 6.52%
Green 0 0%
NI - Unionist 1 2.17%
NI - Nationalist/Republican 0 0%
Other vote 2 4.35%
Will not vote 7 15.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 22-05-2024, 21:09   #16
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 1

It seems Sunak and the Tories are sticking with the 'we have a plan' and 'let's not go back to square one' messaging.

I wonder what polling they have that shows that works? It seems bad messaging to me when they've been in power for so long. Back to Square One? From what?
Advertisement
Old 22-05-2024, 21:12   #17
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

If I don't get the result I want can I demand another vote like remainers demanded after Brexit?

Genuine question.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Old 22-05-2024, 21:14   #18
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
If I don't get the result I want can I demand another vote like remainers demanded after Brexit?

Genuine question.
Depends on whether this vote is based on a pack of demonstrable dogshit lies.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 22-05-2024, 21:15   #19
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

Genuine question.
Yes, they're forced to have one after 5 years.
Old 22-05-2024, 21:15   #20
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Ok, who is the person who voted Tory then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You mean two persons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Sephi & Homer ?

As I have said before and I'll type what I said then.

I will never vote Labour after Steptoe flipped and became a remainer.

That has NOT changed, well except I won't use Steptoe as he buggered off.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.

Last edited by Paul; 22-05-2024 at 22:05. Reason: Follow the rules.
Old 22-05-2024, 21:16   #21
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
As it happens, Yvette Cooper (Mrs Ed Balls) is shadow Home Secretary and had two government posts (one in cabinet) under Gordon Brown.
Ok granted but what are the chances of the Blair/Brown variety of Labour seeping through in to Starmer’s cabinet and policies through her?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 22-05-2024, 21:25   #22
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Ok granted but what are the chances of the Blair/Brown variety of Labour seeping through in to Starmer’s cabinet and policies through her?
Starmer doesn’t have the New Labour knack for presentation but I suspect he’s far better at the detail than Blair. He is a lawyer, after all. I think partly it’s hard to define what Labour is now because it is in essentially the same place as it was from the late 1990s onwards. The Corbyn brain fart was an aberration to that same basic position.

Labour’s big difficulty is that the economy in 1997 was actually fairly decent and improving whereas now it’s in a mess. Starmer won’t seem like the breath of fresh air and he can’t work any great economic miracles in the first 3 years or so.
Old 22-05-2024, 21:28   #23
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
As I have said before and I'll type what I said then.

I will never vote Labour after Steptoe flipped and became a remainer.

That has NOT changed, well except I won't use Steptoe as he buggered off.
That’s a very long winded way of saying ‘you’re right’

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Yes, they're forced to have one after 5 years.
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnn ooooonnneeee…..

Last edited by Paul; 22-05-2024 at 22:10. Reason: Quote of rule breaking post
Old 22-05-2024, 21:32   #24
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Labour’s big difficulty is that the economy in 1997 was actually fairly decent and improving whereas now it’s in a mess. Starmer won’t seem like the breath of fresh air and he can’t work any great economic miracles in the first 3 years or so.
Absolutely, any honeymoon period won’t be a fraction of Blair’s. And I’m fully expecting many unpopular decisions and policies to be based on the premise of “we’re in this position because of the last lot” and whereas I’m sure that will be genuine some of the time, I’m certain it will be used to cover a multitude of sins as we go along.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 22-05-2024, 21:33   #25
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of society

Michael Gove or ? LD is the only choice...for us.
Old 22-05-2024, 21:57   #26
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Absolutely, any honeymoon period won’t be a fraction of Blair’s. And I’m fully expecting many unpopular decisions and policies to be based on the premise of “we’re in this position because of the last lot” and whereas I’m sure that will be genuine some of the time, I’m certain it will be used to cover a multitude of sins as we go along.
With a big majority, I think it makes sense to make the tough decisions earlier and to get them out of the way before the next election. The Opposition will be all over the place after a heavy defeat so they should have a couple of clear years.
Old 22-05-2024, 21:58   #27
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
With a big majority, I think it makes sense to make the tough decisions earlier and to get them out of the way before the next election. The Opposition will be all over the place after a heavy defeat so they should have a couple of clear years.
Nah I don’t think the Lib Dems will be all over the place at all

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 22-05-2024, 22:09   #28
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Nah I don’t think the Lib Dems will be all over the place at all
Old 22-05-2024, 22:12   #29
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered stars

Two posts already edited here.
Labour, Conservative or whatever, refer to them properly please.
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...0#post36175330

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

Quote:
Depends on whether this vote is based on a pack of demonstrable dogshit lies.
Isnt every election ? Seems like few keep all their promises, on either side.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 22-05-2024, 22:24   #30
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of society

Memories.... It was me, very sorry.....
Closed Thread