Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Laptop keeps disconnecting from internet HELP!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Laptop keeps disconnecting from internet HELP!

Old 13-01-2007, 22:53   #16
Ubermik
Inactive

Ubermik is on a distinguished roadUbermik is on a distinguished road
Re: Laptop keeps disconnecting from internet HELP!

I couldnt see that anyone has mentioned this yet, but a rather silly reason for this is often that by default a lot of network hardware is installed with the power saving option enabled

And even when in use some devices seem to still think they arent doing anything and then power down to conserve energy for some odd reason causing this exact fault

Might not be your problem but worth a look perhaps if it reoccurs
Ubermik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-01-2007, 10:27   #17
dcuc
Inactive

dcuc is an unknown quantity at this point

Similar problem with me, but it does not disconnect: instead, it just times out the 'ping' requests, then sometimes normalises, then time outs again. Of course, this stops my internet from working.
What helps is either to change the wireless channel (which requires stable connection anyway), or better to power off the router for 15 seconds. But we all need a constant solution to the problem anyway, so I am curious what is the real reason. My laptop wireless card is the same Intel model, so I think maybe it's the reason? From the other point of view, I now a person with an external USB wireless card, and the same problem with her as well.
dcuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 12:01   #18
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

See here for setting card to CAM (Constantly Aware Mode)...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote