Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Falling Skies : Season 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Falling Skies : Season 1

Old 21-06-2011, 00:48   #16
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Falling Skies : Season 1

Just watched this. It's OK, but not great. It seems to be just a typical Apocalyptic survivor type show (see The Walking Dead, Survivors etc). The Pilot certainly met some of the criteria. The main characters were part of a middle class sort of group who (obviously) have had to adapt. The second group is the "redneck" group who are just running round, getting drunk, shooting at everything (mainly aliens, but the odd human too) and bordering on acting like Characters from "Deliverance". Neither group is anything we haven't seen in other series of this type before.

Don't get me wrong. This looks like it could be a good series, so I will give it a good go.

I do hope, however, that it doesn't go down the route followed by many Science Fiction shows since the BSG reboot. That of having characters who appear permanently depressed, and depressing storylines.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-06-2011, 13:46   #17
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

I persevere with TV SF and just when I really get into a series BLAM!! it gets canned.

Geez I watched every ep of that last awful BBC attempt (whose name I can't recall ATM) and even that picked up in the last two eps before the inevitable canning.

If this does turn out to be watchable lets just hope it reaches a planned conclusion instead.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 15:23   #18
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

i just watched the first 2 episodes of this, yes its simlar to some plots but very different in some ways and i quite liked it so will be catching episode 3.

Also been watching Chaos, another good US series, they stopped it after 3 episodes but have started it up again, it's a pretty good watch if you like action/comedy
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 02:20   #19
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I watched the first half of the first week (so effectivly ep 1) and then had to put it on hold to do something. As yet I havnt had a burning desire to return to it, which says alot to me. TBH it wasnt very compelling. Another "my child has been alien-napped" plot - seriously ? I guess I may get back to it at some point.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 12:47   #20
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

After watching the whole of the Pilot I, too, have no overwhelming desire to watch Ep03.

It seems to be just another post apocolyptic survival scenario that is unlikely to bring anything new to the table.

On a side note re. the aliens. Does anyone think it strange that a highly advanced star travelling society had failed to invent clothes or even a harness with pockets where they might stow additional weapons, tools, powerpacks? ETC. It seems Aliens however advanced are mostly portrayed as naturists.
Old 30-06-2011, 12:50   #21
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Ep3 wasn't bad.. it portrayed the way the aliens want to take the conflict.. I suppose that not having many pre-conceptions or expectation sof the series has helped as I can see some of the people who crave special effects are going to be disappointed with the cost limitations
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:12   #22
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

It's coming to FX next week..I'll take a look..
Old 04-07-2011, 06:26   #23
12noon
Inactive

Services: TiVo
12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice

I think it starts on Tuesday on FX. I've set it to record.
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 15:42   #24
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

It was alright.

I thought the design of the Aliens and their mechanical counterparts was pretty poor.

I'll see where it goes.
Old 06-07-2011, 17:46   #25
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I havent motivated myself to watch Ep2 yet, May end up not bothering.

Old 06-07-2011, 19:26   #26
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I havent motivated myself to watch Ep2 yet, May end up not bothering.
I have watched it and think you have the right idea.

It's not the worst thing I have ever tried to watch but I honestly can't think of anything else to say in it's favour.
Old 08-07-2011, 17:06   #27
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/fa...son-two-20283/

Already renewed for a second season.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 17:33   #28
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

A first opening episode to a new series can sometimes try to do too much.I'll take a look at the second and then make up my mind.
Old 08-07-2011, 18:12   #29
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Hmm, well if a second season is planned as well, I guess I may have to take another look.

Old 08-07-2011, 20:19   #30
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/fa...son-two-20283/

Already renewed for a second season.
Unbelievable....

I guess it must be as really cheap to make as it looks.