Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
04-06-2010, 11:24
|
#256
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunderland
Services: Virgin Media M Telephone, L Broadband, XL TV Sky Sports Package + 2nd Box
Posts: 119
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
spent 15 mins looking for that where the tweet said but its not there for me :S signed up now
|
|
|
04-06-2010, 11:25
|
#257
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Stevenage, Herts
Age: 46
Services: Talk Weekends
SupreFibre 70
Posts: 519
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Fantastic news. Just can't believe how long it's taken to get these great channels. Looking forward to the new football season more than ever now. And the chance to enjoy Sky Movies in HD too. Not so fussed about the red button myself but I can imagine how most people feel on here.
|
|
|
04-06-2010, 12:02
|
#258
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bromley
Age: 48
Posts: 2,688
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
I think OFCOM only looked into Sky Sports 1 & 2 not sure if that is to do with the rate card or not so that is why we are only getting 2 HD channels. Not sure why OFCOM didn't group them altogether as that would have made far more sense.
Lets hope selling the VMTV channels doesn't turn out to be a bad move as it gives Sky even more power over the pay tv market
|
|
|
04-06-2010, 13:11
|
#259
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Age: 62
Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Posts: 897
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chartwell
Now there is no reason to move from Virgin to Sky.
|
Well there are the many additional channels available on Sky and, once you have a satellite system, with a larger or motorised dish, you have the option to pick up even more Free-to-Air or Free-to-View channels from all over Europe. You can take your subscription viewing card with you to anywhere with a suitable box (e.g. on holiday or to a relative with a basic package) or get a mobile satellite kit and enjoy you favourite TV wherever you go!
But apart from that, no reason at all that I can think of.
|
|
|
04-06-2010, 13:53
|
#260
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 153
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
My ITV1HD channel is now showing Central News rather than London Tonight down here in the Devon.
Guess the roll out of ITV regions has gone ahead.
|
|
|
04-06-2010, 14:19
|
#261
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Age: 62
Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Posts: 897
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
I wouldn't consider Devon very central! Is that your correct region now?
I only recently discovered, when playing with a set-top-aerial, that we get BBC South. We do have the choice of a number of transponders including Oxford (BBC South & Central I expect), Sandy Heath and a couple of others.
A few years ago I had a portable in the garden and got Anglia which is what we used to get before we had cable. The house had two aerials on the roof but only one was wired into the living room. The one pointing to Oxford had been wired into one of the bedrooms.
I know all of the terrestrial regions have been whittled down to a few and I ought to know what I would be getting if we used DTT so I guess I need to do some research.
It is annoying that, on VM cable, we get BBC London News and, presumably, the same on ITV.
|
|
|
04-06-2010, 14:23
|
#262
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
ITV1 HD is showing Granada reports at 18:00 in Darlington why not North East Tonight.
|
|
|
04-06-2010, 14:26
|
#263
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 716
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felim_Doyle
I wouldn't consider Devon very central! Is that your correct region now?
I only recently discovered, when playing with a set-top-aerial, that we get BBC South. We do have the choice of a number of transponders including Oxford (BBC South & Central I expect), Sandy Heath and a couple of others.
A few years ago I had a portable in the garden and got Anglia which is what we used to get before we had cable. The house had two aerials on the roof but only one was wired into the living room. The one pointing to Oxford had been wired into one of the bedrooms.
I know all of the terrestrial regions have been whittled down to a few and I ought to know what I would be getting if we used DTT so I guess I need to do some research.
It is annoying that, on VM cable, we get BBC London News and, presumably, the same on ITV.
|
Don't you get an alternative ITV/BBC as well. We have one around channel 856 I think for BBC with an ITV near to it?
|
|
|
04-06-2010, 14:27
|
#264
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bromley
Age: 48
Posts: 2,688
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
has anyone got a list of which channels Sky have bought ? Just read this is the VM channels not the UKTC channels VM has a stake it.
|
|
|
04-06-2010, 14:32
|
#265
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hell
Age: 50
Posts: 5,956
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer
has anyone got a list of which channels Sky have bought ? Just read this is the VM channels not the UKTC channels VM has a stake it.
|
The acquisition of VMtv involves Sky acquiring LIVING, LIVINGit, Challenge, Challenge Jackpot, Bravo, Bravo 2 and Virgin1. Sky will not license the Virgin brand and will announce the new channel brand for Virgin1 in due course.
They have not sold the uktv channels as i cannot see bskyb and the bbc getting on as they seem to hate each other
|
|
|
04-06-2010, 14:36
|
#266
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Anyone spotted this:
Sky One HD and a few more will now be coming to Virgin Media - although the company has not yet finalised what the pricing will be or what TV packages will get the channels.
So it looks like they may not be free an less they make them free for the XL TV package.
|
|
|
04-06-2010, 14:46
|
#267
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 122
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmuk
My ITV1HD channel is now showing Central News rather than London Tonight down here in the Devon.
Guess the roll out of ITV regions has gone ahead.
|
I am in the central area checked on the epg for next 7 days and it shows
central news
|
|
|
04-06-2010, 16:50
|
#268
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Age: 62
Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Posts: 897
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D
ITV1 HD is showing Granada reports at 18:00 in Darlington why not North East Tonight.
|
Maybe this is a good thing. Change of scenery. Different perspective. 
---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris9991
Don't you get an alternative ITV/BBC as well. We have one around channel 856 I think for BBC with an ITV near to it?
|
Yes, 861 - BBC England and 853 - ITV with Audio Description. Still the same regional variations AFAIK. I haven't yet done extensive studies.
---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwj2008
I am in the central area checked on the epg for next 7 days and it shows central news
|
You neglected to mention where you are. Town and outbound postcode would be good.
|
|
|
04-06-2010, 17:22
|
#269
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Granada Reports is on ITV1HD for me correctly but it still has at the bottom "Your regional programming is available on ITV1"
|
|
|
04-06-2010, 17:26
|
#270
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Beyond The Sun
Posts: 723
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D
Anyone spotted this:
Sky One HD and a few more will now be coming to Virgin Media - although the company has not yet finalised what the pricing will be or what TV packages will get the channels.
So it looks like they may not be free an less they make them free for the XL TV package.
|
I doubt $ky would let VM offer their HD channels for free on XL TV when they charge £10 per month for the privelege themselves.
That is what is known as shooting yourself in the foot
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:23.
|