Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
22-07-2010, 20:56
|
#2536
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Leeds
Age: 55
Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Posts: 657
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
I know we have the TIVO boxes coming later this year but does anybody know if we are getting a new V+box with a bigger hard drive.
(1st ever post, Hello)
|
|
|
22-07-2010, 20:58
|
#2537
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
Posts: 836
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4
I know we have the TIVO boxes coming later this year but does anybody know if we are getting a new V+box with a bigger hard drive.
(1st ever post, Hello)
|
If they do we will have to pay for it like Sky.
|
|
|
22-07-2010, 21:38
|
#2538
|
|
Got inside news - PM me
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Media Boy UK HQ
Posts: 15,148
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost
Mediaboy do you know if CBS action is coming to virgin? Thanks 
|
I have no news.
|
|
|
23-07-2010, 00:09
|
#2539
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 20
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Can't find any reference to Analouge closedown on Virgin in manchester.
I understand it was 1 February 2010 for radio (FM hook-up) and 1 March 2010 for TV. Can anyone confirm that?
|
|
|
23-07-2010, 09:51
|
#2540
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lancashire
Services: Tivo On Medium Plus.Xbox 360,Nexus 7,HTC Desire S & Sky Freesat
Posts: 85
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy
I have no news.
|
How about MGM movie channel any news on that?
|
|
|
23-07-2010, 22:39
|
#2541
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: live in romford essex
Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
Posts: 477
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
i see that sky customers have got free weekend with sky move be for we get the move hd on the 2 aug .
|
|
|
24-07-2010, 00:05
|
#2542
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West London
Services: V.I.P
Posts: 1,271
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Sky often do a Movies free weekend, however this never applies to Cable customers.
|
|
|
24-07-2010, 02:03
|
#2543
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Services: VIP50
Posts: 325
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4
I know we have the TIVO boxes coming later this year but does anybody know if we are getting a new V+box with a bigger hard drive.
(1st ever post, Hello)
|
I spoke to my insider about these new TIVO boxes and how much would these cost.
There is no official or internal information on anything yet but he said there could be one way to get away with the TIVO box charge and that would be to upgrade to VIP.
With work already starting on improved VIP package which we should start to hear something on within the next 2-3 months the improved package could be inline with the release of TIVO which was always predicted Nov this year.
So watch this space.
|
|
|
24-07-2010, 08:07
|
#2544
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Scotland
Age: 44
Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband
SKY HD Multiroom
Freeview HD
Freesat HD
Posts: 2,816
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red
I spoke to my insider about these new TIVO boxes and how much would these cost.
There is no official or internal information on anything yet but he said there could be one way to get away with the TIVO box charge and that would be to upgrade to VIP.
With work already starting on improved VIP package which we should start to hear something on within the next 2-3 months the improved package could be inline with the release of TIVO which was always predicted Nov this year.
So watch this space.
|
there one thing know about it jsut now the hdd will be bigger i dnt believ ethe rumour of 1tb but hay you never know sky are doing 1tb one now
|
|
|
24-07-2010, 10:16
|
#2545
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: live in romford essex
Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
Posts: 477
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
epg 888 test 41 889 test 42 890 test43 891 test 44 are beeing test right but can any tell me what channels are thay testing on the epg . thanks
|
|
|
24-07-2010, 10:50
|
#2546
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 716
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Ad in the Mirror this morning by Sky, suggests that the only way to get HD Sky Sports News will be to go with Sky. The ad is in the Sport section and has pizza as the prop and shows Virgin having two pieces and Sky having five - each piece = a HD channel
|
|
|
24-07-2010, 10:54
|
#2547
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris9991
Ad in the Mirror this morning by Sky, suggests that the only way to get HD Sky Sports News will be to go with Sky. The ad is in the Sport section and has pizza as the prop and shows Virgin having two pieces and Sky having five - each piece = a HD channel
|
I'm not sure what the point of a HD Sports News channel is though. They only show clips and mostly studio shots with presenters.
I'd imagine that Sky will keep it exclusive for a bit... they must feel under attack at the moment!
|
|
|
24-07-2010, 10:57
|
#2548
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 716
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
If the channel goes premium only then it would probably be able to show more of the action on their other channels and by going HD they can show a similar quality to what subscribers could be switching to.
Though I agree it seems a bit pointless going HD
Much better to have Film 4 HD
|
|
|
24-07-2010, 10:59
|
#2549
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Services: Sky Stream
Posts: 342
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
To be honest, I don't think I'll lose sleep if we don't get SSN HD, I got the channels I wanted (1 & 2) but, hey, I guess it'd be another channel to brag about if we did.
Am I correct in thinking September is being rumoured as the launch date for the Sky basics HD? Wanting Sky1 HD
|
|
|
24-07-2010, 11:08
|
#2550
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLUFC22
To be honest, I don't think I'll lose sleep if we don't get SSN HD, I got the channels I wanted (1 & 2) but, hey, I guess it'd be another channel to brag about if we did.
Am I correct in thinking September is being rumoured as the launch date for the Sky basics HD? Wanting Sky1 HD 
|
That's what the rumours are saying
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:40.
|