Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 15-10-2012, 13:37   #2386
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Over on the VM forum it appears that Mark Wilkin has now said
Quote:
"I've asked the forum team to investigate and raise a ticket about this issue as soon as I have the details of that I'll post it to this thread.
Thanks to ricardo1 for posting this information.
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...99996/page/12#
Old 15-10-2012, 15:18   #2387
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

This has just been posted over on the VM forum

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...499996/page/12

Quote:
F002199132 - Hi we've identified an issue with our peering links to a company called Atrato who we publically peer with in Amsterdam and London. They were pushing abnormal amounts of traffic through our public peering links at LINX, overloading them. So we've shut down both of our peering links to Atrato at LINX which should resolve this issue. Meanwhile we're going to continue to investigate the root cause of this problem. Could you please continue to give us feedback on this so we can be sure the issue is resolved.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 15:22   #2388
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Nice quick response there

hahahahhaha
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 16:00   #2389
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Teh fail is strong in this one...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 16:08   #2390
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Funny how there's one glitch on one ping monitor service and all of a sudden everyone's blaming all their connection speed problems on it?

Some of us only have speed problems during the blip. Normally 104Mb; during the blib 22Mb. We draw our conclusions.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 16:42   #2391
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Most speed problems happen at peak times. Blip happens at peak times.

The internet is a big place, two things happening at the same time != convincing link. I'd like to see a little more evidence personally.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 16:49   #2392
philce
Inactive

Services: BB XL, TV XL TiVo, Phone M
philce is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here in Leicester.

Terrible laggy and pages not loading. The peering explanation seems logical, we'll see later.

philce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 18:44   #2393
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Most speed problems happen at peak times. Blip happens at peak times.

The internet is a big place, two things happening at the same time != convincing link. I'd like to see a little more evidence personally.
I have never had speed problems, latency, jitter, buffering or any other problem until the blip arrived. I can't speak for others.
Old 15-10-2012, 19:21   #2394
ferretuk
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Unlimited FTTC
ferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpack

Seems back to normal tonight...

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
I object to that comment. I'm not into conspiracy theories! Only facts. Apologise at your leisure.
So you were incorrect after all... No VM throwing switches as a deliberate nobbling tactic.
ferretuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 19:30   #2395
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretuk View Post
Seems back to normal tonight...

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Lets hope it stays that way
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 19:31   #2396
LenMackin
Inactive

Services: 152mb Broadband only
LenMackin will become famous soon enoughLenMackin will become famous soon enoughLenMackin will become famous soon enough
Angry Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Interesting this is my reading tonight. I thought it had settled down however after 3 days with no loss of service I was chucked off at 7pm tonight - note the red line. Very similar to Philce's graph above.

What is going on with Virgin Media internet?
LenMackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 19:34   #2397
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretuk View Post

So you were incorrect after
all... No VM throwing switches as a deliberate nobbling tactic.
Wrong again. I based my comments on answers I received from CS (India) when I raised it with them. They clearly stated that they were having to take these measures whilst they were working on a 'server problem'. All my comments regarding switching on and off have stemmed from that. My comments were based upon given facts, not hearsay or a conspiracy theory.

If CS were giving me BS then that is another matter.
Old 15-10-2012, 19:53   #2398
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

They have shut down one of their peering links as it says on the VM forum
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 21:05   #2399
Jayster
I am the one who knocks

Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Jayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to behold

Looking much better tonight

Jayster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 21:05   #2400
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

And?