Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who : Season 6

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who : Season 6

Old 05-06-2011, 07:40   #226
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Doctor Who : Season 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
[/COLOR]

The time vortex didn't "produce her". She is Amy and rory's child, the time vortex just time lorded her.
I mean into the time lord type person while they celebrated their wedding night it altered the unborn child.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2011, 11:37   #227
Dave9946
Inactive

Dave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone think this is by design or fault that this could be a big clue to how the Time Lords came to be with the reguards to being able to regenerate or there prolonged life etc with what we found out about the baby last night?. Will this be mentioned in the second half of the series, will it turn out by whats already been said that the baby will have 2 hearts?. Did the baby as an adult ever have any babies and therefor Time Lord to?.

So many future possable options for stories.
Dave9946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:40   #228
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I think they were hinting that the Time Lords were created by exposure to the Vortex, and weren't always so. So it's quite possible that River/Melody is a human Time Lord(ish)

Having two hearts could have something that the race that became the Time Lords already had
Old 05-06-2011, 11:48   #229
Dave9946
Inactive

Dave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the roughDave9946 is a jewel in the rough

Well since I started watching Dr Who back in the original days I always thought that the Time Lords evolved from humans anyway for some reason (dont recall it really being hinted at though) due to far to many a connection between the both over the years that I'd not think is show budget related.

There were some interesting stories from the McCoy eara that hinted a connection between the Time Lords (Silver Nemesis & Battlefield to name 2) and Earth history. So possably something they will comfirm or carry on with from the original series but in a more modern way for the new viewer?.
Dave9946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:12   #230
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack

So if River Song is the young girl in the space suit and the Doctor's killer/in Stormcage for it aaaaand it'd probably turn out that she's killed the 'flesh' Doctor - why doesn't she already know it [that's she killed the flesh Doctor]? I mean, she's always so sad about this looming ending?
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 13:20   #231
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

My head hurts. Is River still from the future or have we caught up with her in her present?
Old 05-06-2011, 13:22   #232
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
My head hurts. Is River still from the future or have we caught up with her in her present?
Well as she's just been born we've sort of caught up. However considering the Doctor at the start of the series who was 200 years older than the one we are currently watching had got a diary with some events that matched River's, I would think we've not got the point where they've run out of things they have done together
Old 05-06-2011, 13:54   #233
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

It was hinted at quite early on that River had killed the Doctor and that's why she was in prison.. I think it might have been the episode with the religious commandos and the angels (S5e4 The time of Angels)
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 13:57   #234
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Though considering she doesn't actually seem to be spent much time inside the Stormcage you wonder why they bother lol
Old 05-06-2011, 14:19   #235
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave9946 View Post
Does anyone think this is by design or fault that this could be a big clue to how the Time Lords came to be with the reguards to being able to regenerate or there prolonged life etc with what we found out about the baby last night?. Will this be mentioned in the second half of the series, will it turn out by whats already been said that the baby will have 2 hearts?. Did the baby as an adult ever have any babies and therefor Time Lord to?.

So many future possable options for stories.
The Baby, or River is still human but with some Timelord DNA added due to the Time Vortex.

The Doctor has to hearts as he is from Galifrey. That has no bearing on the Timelord thing.
Old 05-06-2011, 14:32   #236
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

Just another small point, Rory is described as 'a very good man' and went to war... The very good man River is jailed for killing doesn't have to be the doctor.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 14:36   #237
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Although in Confidential, when SM was talking about the Good Man I'm sure he was referring to the Doctor and the army he brought together
Old 05-06-2011, 14:52   #238
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by watzizname View Post
Everything certainly seems to point to the regenerating little girl being River.

I believe the Doctor said that Amy was taken before they went to America, so was their prisoner all this time. I'd have to surmise then, that the Silence only swapped pregnant Amy, and eye patch lady did the rest.

As for putting her in a spacesuit.. no definite thoughts on that, but.. There was a lot of talk about fashioning the baby into a weapon. The doctor was also described as a weapon, and i would guess that they would want to control their weapon. If it was known that the baby had "a time head" it's likely they wanted it for those qualities, especially the ability to fly a T.A.R.D.I.S. If you remember, we've so far seen 2 other T.A.R.D.I.S's, the first one in The Lodger episode, and the second in The Impossible Astronaut, which also happened to be the same location where the little girl in the spacesuit first appeared.

And a possible motivation for requiring their own Time Lord to pilot their knockoff T.A.R.D.I.S instead of one of their own people, could be that it's believed by those involved, that only a Time Lord can.. Remember The alliance believed that "Only the Doctor can fly the T.A.R.D.I.S" in The Pandorica Opens?

Anyways.. I think (for now at least) that baby River was taken, conditioned (similar to what happened to Captain Jack's brother Gray in Torchwood) and while under the big bad's control, kills the Flesh Doctor (who has been playing decoy for our Doctor) at least until she is eventually freed by our Doctor. Her ending up in the Stormcage, might be because those who sentence her, recognize that the Flesh doctor was a real person in his own right?

One thing I'm still stuck on, is that when the Doctor and River were examining the empty space suit, it was mentioned that when the little girl got scared, the suit's communication systems automatically established contact with the most powerful person in the land, in this case, the President of the United States. Is it me, or does this seem like a pretty dumb feature to incorporate into the suit of someone who should be keeping a ridiculously low profile? The only thing i can think of, is that the Doctor travels back and rigs it to do that, at a later date..
I thought that as Amy had been swapped before America it may not have even been The Silence who took her? When we saw her taken by The Silence, wasn't that when they were already in the USA, so surely they only took the Ganger Amy?

Spacesuit & knockoff TARDIS... yeah, could all be necessary for their (apparent) plan to control Melody & use her to kill The Doctor.

As you say, though, the communication system seems an odd feature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened View Post
So if River Song is the young girl in the space suit and the Doctor's killer/in Stormcage for it aaaaand it'd probably turn out that she's killed the 'flesh' Doctor - why doesn't she already know it [that's she killed the flesh Doctor]? I mean, she's always so sad about this looming ending?
- Maybe she forgot or had her memory wiped.

- Maybe she did remember, did know, but couldn't say anything or do anything as it had to play out as it had already played out.

And we don't know that it was a flesh Doctor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Though considering she doesn't actually seem to be spent much time inside the Stormcage you wonder why they bother lol
You have to wonder why she is even there in the first place... If the "clerics" were the ones who wanted to user her as a weapon against The Doctor, why would they imprison her for [his?] murder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
Just another small point, Rory is described as 'a very good man' and went to war... The very good man River is jailed for killing doesn't have to be the doctor.
Good point... maybe it will turn out that she killed her father...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 15:17   #239
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I'm very critical of this doctor,

However I really enjoyed this episode. I considered the possibility of Song being the girl from the first episode but couldn't say for certain.

I think the story of David tenant coming back interesting and highly plausible. Lot sure about peter davidson though
Well DT could come back using the same reason as Amy, and he splats MS, but this would deny MS regeneration, but would be one helva twist.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 15:33   #240
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
And we don't know that it was a flesh Doctor...
True - but what are the alternatives? She killed the real Doctor so no more Doctor or replaced by River Song? Hard to say really as it could be anyone she killed anyway. Just the way she's on about 'this being it' and the last this that and the other and Amy telling the girl in the Space Suit she killed The Doctor. lol. Who knows.
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote