Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The iPhone thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The iPhone thread

Old 27-02-2008, 16:20   #226
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman
Re: iPhone Tips (was UK Release info)

Can we have a Cable Forum Iphone bookmark icon please? I've attached one if you want to use it. Simply drop it into the web root dir and it should work. I've attached a NTHW one for those that like the old front page as well.

File must be named apple-touch-icon.png
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-02-2008, 16:36   #227
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Very nice
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 16:49   #228
handyman
Permanently Banned

handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star

Just done one for our work site (www.purplegriffon.com).
Lots of sites are onboard with this already (Gizmodo/facebook/meebo).

Loving the multiple home screens.
Old 27-02-2008, 18:30   #229
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: iPhone UK Release info

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman View Post
@ Stuart you should try one, I sat and viewed cf for an hour this morning on it and it was fine, certainly better than any device that small.
I have.. I don't say I don't consider something worth the money unless I have tried it.

I found the "keyboard" irritating, and didn't like the fact that the phone frequently lost signal even where other O2 users were getting full signal strength.

I also don't like the way they have crippled the WiFi (at least from a commercial point of view) by not including support for WPA Enterprise.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 19:22   #230
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
I have.. I don't say I don't consider something worth the money unless I have tried it.

I found the "keyboard" irritating, and didn't like the fact that the phone frequently lost signal even where other O2 users were getting full signal strength.

I also don't like the way they have crippled the WiFi (at least from a commercial point of view) by not including support for WPA Enterprise.
Certainly agree with that.

Still really like my iPhone though
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 19:25   #231
handyman
Permanently Banned

Damien, have you tried meebo, found it today and have even more reasons now to waste time at work 'on the loo'.
Old 27-02-2008, 21:03   #232
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Looks like the SDK will only be a week late, But also some enterprise features..

http://arstechnica.com/journals/appl...sdk-enterprise

Maybe we will see WPA Enterprise and Exchange Support soon...

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 21:01 ----------

Quote:
Damien, have you tried meebo, found it today and have even more reasons now to waste time at work 'on the loo'.
May well try that! Thanks
Old 06-03-2008, 22:51   #233
handyman
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
Looks like it will be included in the next software release.
Old 06-03-2008, 23:00   #234
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Yup!

Loads of Enterprise stuff.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/enterprise/

as well as the SDK release
Old 06-03-2008, 23:07   #235
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Looks like it will be included in the next software release.
Good. Might stop a few of our students complaining that our network doesn't work with their iPhones.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 20:17   #236
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
I am now watching stuff with the BBC iplayer on my touch.

It's not bad I guess. (as long as I'm in range of a wifi spot )
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 16:30   #237
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Tip for you all - I have it on very good authority that Apple will be dropping the iPhone price to £169 in the next week or so....

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 16:34   #238
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Tip for you all - I have it on very good authority that Apple will be dropping the iPhone price to £169 in the next week or so....
Because the V2 iPhone is imminent...

Rumours are 3G (of course) and a doubling of capacity at the same price point.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 16:37   #239
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Nice! But on whose authority or can't you say? Reason I ask is Apple Rumors are always like this so you become conditioned not to expect anything until you have 100 difference sources.

The 3G one should be shown at the Apple WWDC event in early June. I hope that this price thing is correct because that would make it easier to upgrade to a model that was 3G and more space!

Also hope O2 make it easy to upgrade to a new version rather than wait for your contract to expire. Hope to go 3g by the time it comes out here (i suspect september/october).
Old 14-04-2008, 16:43   #240
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Nice! But on whose authority or can't you say? Reason I ask is Apple Rumors are always like this so you become conditioned not to expect anything until you have 100 difference sources.
A mate of mine who works for a certain mobile phone shop (maybe something to do with Cars?) recieved the posters this morning.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote