Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky sports red button

Old 12-03-2011, 17:36   #226
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
Blimey...Im happy to be wrong about this
Yes if thats the case i agree.

Although people only seem to care about the football there are other sports you know as important as football undoubtedly is LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_uOgyBK1c
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2011, 17:41   #227
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post

Although people only seem to care about the football there are other sports you know as important as football undoubtedly is LOL.

LOVE Mitchell and Webb... favourite sketch :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Z2LqO4pcI

P,s I was never worried...I'm a tennis fan
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 17:47   #228
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
LOVE Mitchell and Webb... favourite sketch :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Z2LqO4pcI

P,s I was never worried...I'm a tennis fan
My favorite mitchell and webb sketch too says it all really nothing more i can add.

Neither was i that worried (but i did hope football fans got what they wanted from the Red Button service) as i only sub for the cricket mind you i am missing matches in the world cup that are on Red Button but thank goodness its coming, i am grateful to virgin who realised they needed this service when they sold their tv channels to sky.
Old 12-03-2011, 19:16   #229
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post

Same here , there are other sports where Sky's Red Button can be useful.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 00:53   #230
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Sports Red Button update: (As posted on the 'Coming Soon' thread)

To all Virgin Media viewers not on TiVo:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: Sky Sports Red button update.

My insider has told me that Virgin Media hope to launch Sky Sports Red Button on Virgin TV between the 18th-24th of April.
TiVo users only:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
TiVo is likely to be July/August for launch for Sky Red Button
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 01:54   #231
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

tbh even tho i getting tivo next week sky red button isn't a priority for me from virgin it get more hd channels and getting the service right, which has been getting done since they have took over.

given the system was a combination of two and is now one system and the state of network has drastically improved. virgin is gonna catch sky up for sure, but virgin aren't as stupid as sky for just getting any old crap hd channel virgin will get the ones the customers want at a fair price.

we will get sky alantic and other eventually it just takes time. i prepared to wait i picked virgin over sky for because i could get better services than sky and that a fact. broadband isn't the best i had it, sky phone is terrible and the tv is ok but it has a lot of crap channels nobody watches.

while virgin has exactly the channels i want. fastest broadband availble in my area and i live right by bt exchange, and the phone is superb save a fortune on call only. if only they did one where u could pay so much a month for calls to mobiles. and customer service has been top notch since i joined in september
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 08:19   #232
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryn9000 View Post
tbh even tho i getting tivo next week sky red button isn't a priority for me from virgin it get more hd channels and getting the service right, which has been getting done since they have took over.

given the system was a combination of two and is now one system and the state of network has drastically improved. virgin is gonna catch sky up for sure, but virgin aren't as stupid as sky for just getting any old crap hd channel virgin will get the ones the customers want at a fair price.

we will get sky alantic and other eventually it just takes time. i prepared to wait i picked virgin over sky for because i could get better services than sky and that a fact. broadband isn't the best i had it, sky phone is terrible and the tv is ok but it has a lot of crap channels nobody watches.

while virgin has exactly the channels i want. fastest broadband availble in my area and i live right by bt exchange, and the phone is superb save a fortune on call only. if only they did one where u could pay so much a month for calls to mobiles. and customer service has been top notch since i joined in september
There is a phone tariff that you can call non VM mobiles inclusively, it's pricey though but could be good value depending on your call patterns. There are some other lower tiers too I think. I couldn't find a direct link on the VM site so I hope the info is upto date.

http://www.cable.co.uk/providers/vir...-anywhere-400/
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 13:12   #233
Harryn9000
cf.geek

thanks for info mersey but that to talk to people who live abroad. i just want mobiles in uk m8
Old 16-03-2011, 15:31   #234
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
thanks for info mersey but that to talk to people who live abroad. i just want mobiles in uk m8
It includes mobiles in the UK.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 17:37   #235
Harryn9000
cf.geek

17 quid a bit steep tho for that isn't it included in xl phone package
Old 16-03-2011, 17:40   #236
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
17 quid a bit steep tho for that isn't it included in xl phone package
XL is landline calls and Virgin Mobile

http://shop.virginmedia.com/phone/talk-unlimited.html

you could add Talk Mobile to reduce the cost of non VM mobiles?

http://shop.virginmedia.com/phone/talk-mobile.html
Old 16-03-2011, 17:58   #237
Harryn9000
cf.geek

got talk mobile and talk 08 £5 aswell bill call charges still getting charged over £10 a month for just mobiles.
Old 16-03-2011, 18:00   #238
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
got talk mobile and talk 08 £5 aswell bill call charges still getting charged over £10 a month for just mobiles.
Get them to swap to Virgin mobile your calls will be free then
Old 16-03-2011, 18:03   #239
Harryn9000
cf.geek

lol wishfully thinking but i honestly don't think will happen
Old 16-03-2011, 18:07   #240
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Sadly VM's landline phone service is probably the most expensive on the market but you may well be making good savings with other aspects of the service.

Most providers have one element of their package offer which is expensive and the landline is most definitely VM's in virtually every area.
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote