Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2010, 16:00   #2356
mogodon
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Services: VM BB 200MB & TV XL / Telephone / Tivo / Now TV / Netflix / Amazon / Spotify
Posts: 25
mogodon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

How would I know if I was on XL or VIP? I've looked at a bill and it appears that I have everything on the VIP link: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/webs...ct.do?id=11029

However it doesn't mention VIP on my bill.
mogodon is offline  
Advertisement
Old 20-07-2010, 16:01   #2357
BenMcr
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
Has anyone got an email from VM?

Hi There!

Thanks for asking us to add premium TV channels to your Virgin Media account. The great news is, Virgin Media Entertainment have approved your order. If you are an existing TV customer your new channels will be ready to watch within the next 24hrs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
I'll get tem in the next 24 hours aswell.
The HD bits don't turn up until the 2nd of August
BenMcr is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 16:11   #2358
howardmicks
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Preston
Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
Posts: 1,947
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
I'll get tem in the next 24 hours aswell.

I can't wait to watch sky sports and movies in HD!! Being waiting so long for them!!

Will be sweet as!

HD FTW...
Sorry you wont matey,2nd August i watching em already for £24.25 per month and includes sports 3+4/Thanks Sky lol
howardmicks is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 16:17   #2359
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Services: Sky Stream
Posts: 342
ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Don't know if its been mentioned, theres 2 many posts to read through as I've been at work, but does anybody think 516 on the EPG is being reserved for SKY Sports News HD? Again, sorry if its been mentioned.
Thanks.
ChrisLUFC22 is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 16:23   #2360
muppetman11
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLUFC22 View Post
Don't know if its been mentioned, theres 2 many posts to read through as I've been at work, but does anybody think 516 on the EPG is being reserved for SKY Sports News HD? Again, sorry if its been mentioned.
Thanks.
I was hoping this mate. Media Boy may know this.
muppetman11 is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 16:25   #2361
sherer
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bromley
Age: 48
Posts: 2,688
sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
They should also be told about what a bad deal this is for SkY sports only subscribers maybe a £3.50 charge would have been more appropriate.
Sky are the ones who have set this price not VM. I'm sure in an ideal world VM would have given this to XL and VIP people for free but Sky are the ones who set the price
sherer is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 16:26   #2362
mattboothers
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
Posts: 836
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

I still cant believe a person like myself who loves football in HD has to pay £7 for 2 channels - ROBBING IDIOTS
mattboothers is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 16:27   #2363
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Services: Sky Stream
Posts: 342
ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I was hoping this mate. Media Boy may know this.
Over to you Media Boy......

Oh yeah, and thanx to MB for the (now confirmed) rumours, I was hoping VM would pull a trick from their sleeve, apparently not but, hey ho, I got my shiny new HD channels on order
ChrisLUFC22 is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 16:30   #2364
undertakereddie
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Harlow, Essex
Services: Sky Q 2TB Including 2 Mini-boxes SKY as Pay As You Talk Sky Unlimited Broadband Fibre Max
Posts: 900
undertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant future
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

I Have a Question about Sky Premuim channels. Im a XL Customer on Virgin Media and I have Got V+ HD Box and I have Got Sky Sports and Sky Movies I Pay £27.50 a month for those channels. Do XL Customers Have to Pay £7 a Month for Sky Sports HD 1 and HD 2 and Sky Movies HD Channels?. would somebody help me find out please?.
undertakereddie is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 16:32   #2365
Begize
Inactive
 
Begize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Stockport
Services: XL TV (TiVo 1TB & V HD), XL Broadband (Superhub 2 in modem mode), L Telephone
Posts: 477
Begize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the rough
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers View Post
I still cant believe a person like myself who loves football in HD has to pay £7 for 2 channels - ROBBING IDIOTS
Couldn't agree more - I only get Sky Sports so it makes no sense at all and I won't be paying it.

What does make sense is getting a price from Sky and ringing retentions though....
Begize is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 16:33   #2366
LEE1
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: wolverhampton
Age: 49
Services: Sky hd
Posts: 191
LEE1 has a spectacular aura about themLEE1 has a spectacular aura about themLEE1 has a spectacular aura about themLEE1 has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via ICQ to LEE1
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakereddie View Post
I Have a Question about Sky Premuim channels. Im a XL Customer on Virgin Media and I have Got V+ HD Box and I have Got Sky Sports and Sky Movies I Pay £27.50 a month for those channels. Do XL Customers Have to Pay £7 a Month for Sky Sports HD 1 and HD 2 and Sky Movies HD Channels?. would somebody help me find out please?.
yes you have to pay £7
LEE1 is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 16:33   #2367
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Services: Sky Stream
Posts: 342
ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakereddie View Post
I Have a Question about Sky Premuim channels. Im a XL Customer on Virgin Media and I have Got V+ HD Box and I have Got Sky Sports and Sky Movies I Pay £27.50 a month for those channels. Do XL Customers Have to Pay £7 a Month for Sky Sports HD 1 and HD 2 and Sky Movies HD Channels?. would somebody help me find out please?.
Yes it's £34.50/month, its on the Virgin Media site
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...-channels.html
ChrisLUFC22 is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 16:33   #2368
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness
 
alwaysabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,393
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakereddie View Post
I Have a Question about Sky Premuim channels. Im a XL Customer on Virgin Media and I have Got V+ HD Box and I have Got Sky Sports and Sky Movies I Pay £27.50 a month for those channels. Do XL Customers Have to Pay £7 a Month for Sky Sports HD 1 and HD 2 and Sky Movies HD Channels?. would somebody help me find out please?.
I am sorry to say the answer is yes you do have to pay £7.
alwaysabear is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 16:34   #2369
theslasher
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 38
theslasher is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Retension,s cant relly do nothing at the mo the only way you will get the hd channles cheaper is if you drop some packages down.
theslasher is offline  
Old 20-07-2010, 16:35   #2370
howardmicks
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Preston
Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
Posts: 1,947
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers View Post
I still cant believe a person like myself who loves football in HD has to pay £7 for 2 channels - ROBBING IDIOTS
Agree with you matey
howardmicks is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:33.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum