Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 13-10-2012, 22:43   #2356
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
What does worry me is there has been no response from VM over this at all.
Agreed, there are many many complaints on VM forum about this. IMO they need to address this issue with their customers, admittedly this is not one of their strong points
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2012, 22:45   #2357
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
What does worry me is there has been no response from VM over this at all.
Maybe their connection is playing up?

On second thoughts I think they are probably ignoring us.
Old 13-10-2012, 22:49   #2358
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Here too.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

I missed being able to do readings this time.

Is this the first Saturday blip?

Whatever the problem is they feel under pressure enough to be have engineers on this 24/7.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 22:51   #2359
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Here too.

I missed being able to do readings this time.

Is this the first Saturday blip?

Whatever the problem is they feel under pressure enough to be have engineers on this 24/7.
Its the first blip for me on a Saturday.
Old 14-10-2012, 11:53   #2360
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Download speeds were pretty near full for BS37 yesterday, a little off-the-boil (25-27Mb on a 30Mb line) but nothing to get worried over..

japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 18:14   #2361
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

sky go also affected for me as well. luckily the f1 race today was 6am today not 6pm

Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 18:17   #2362
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

It looks very much like there is another bump building tonight starting from ~ 18:00. So much for weekends usually being OK...
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 18:37   #2363
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
It looks very much like there is another bump building tonight starting from ~ 18:00. So much for weekends usually being OK...
I can confirm .
[url=http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/c27527b1fb00935cc9f91413a44384d8-14-10-2012.html][/url
Old 14-10-2012, 18:58   #2364
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

This issue is making it very hard to stream the 'The Mission to the edge of space - live'!!!!
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 19:00   #2365
Traduk
Inactive

Traduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of Quads

Near Guildford I have an almost identical problem to alwaysabear.

VirginMedia had better look at and resolve this problem quickly as it looks like a possibly national problem.

Traduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 19:27   #2366
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
Look like it may be a double peak bump.

Perhaps they are working around the clock because all the grief they are getting.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 19:29   #2367
lordofangels
Inactive

Services: Broadband 152Mb (M)Phone
lordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of light

Tried streaming the RedBull Mission to the edge of space on Youtube,
terrible buffering, I even dropped the quality down to 240p didn't help.
Same peak on the Ping Monitor as everyone else.
lordofangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 19:29   #2368
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Anyone wishing to add weight to the request that VM let us know what is happening can add their comments over at the VM forum

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...unread-message
Old 14-10-2012, 19:34   #2369
Efour
Inactive

Efour is just really niceEfour is just really niceEfour is just really niceEfour is just really niceEfour is just really niceEfour is just really nice

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...31bc34298.html

this is terrible..... completely rubbish gaming has been rubbish for over a week.... Another complete VM fail???

Still i cant get FTTC.....

look at the jitter on this... its incredible its all over the place..... I've had a good connection since the last segmentation for less than a whole year...
Efour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 19:36   #2370
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Total disgrace, not a sausage from Virgin media about it either.
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote