Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 29-06-2013, 19:57   #2326
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Virgin & SM only operate where the other doesn't so it can't be that.
Ok didn't know that
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-06-2013, 19:58   #2327
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Virgin & SM only operate where the other doesn't so it can't be that.
No but it is a way of making customers think that Virgin is a rip off because other cable companies are able to undercut them.
Old 29-06-2013, 20:06   #2328
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
No but it is a way of making customers think that Virgin is a rip off because other cable companies are able to undercut them.
I couldn't imagine anyone outside of the borders, scotland or tv provider forums even have a clue who Smallworld is.
Old 29-06-2013, 20:11   #2329
andy_m
cf.mega poster

andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
I couldn't imagine anyone outside of the borders, scotland or tv provider forums even have a clue who Smallworld is.
Yep, fair point.
Old 29-06-2013, 20:22   #2330
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

The wholesale costs for Sky Sports 1 , Sky Sports 2 or Sky Sports 1&2 are set by OFCOM I believe , bear in mind these only include SD so all other channels are extra I'd imagine , the link below shows the wholesale cost from Sept 13.

http://media.ofcom.org.uk/analysts/regulated-prices/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 20:52   #2331
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

IF, VM is a much larger company than Smallworld Cable, then why can't VM charge the same as Smallworld, who to me is such a smaller cable company.

If this is the case then VM are ripping us customers off big time, I am a big footie fan and IF,IF VM doesn't have BT Sports by the Friday of the new football season then will take my business to Sky.

At least there prices rise by just £1.00 OR £2.00 per year, not like VM who have increased there price THREE times in the past 16 months.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 20:59   #2332
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The wholesale costs for Sky Sports 1 , Sky Sports 2 or Sky Sports 1&2 are set by OFCOM I believe , bear in mind these only include SD so all other channels are extra I'd imagine , the link below shows the wholesale cost from Sept 13.

So am I to take from that smallworld take quite a big hit on their prices and VM are reasonably fair?
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 21:02   #2333
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
IF, VM is a much larger company than Smallworld Cable, then why can't VM charge the same as Smallworld, who to me is such a smaller cable company.
Because if Virgin lost £5 for every Sky Sports Collection customer they'd be haemorrhaging money, Smallworld can because they don't have enough customers for the loss to massively affect their revenue.
Old 29-06-2013, 21:03   #2334
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:

If this is the case then VM are ripping us customers off big time, I am a big footie fan and IF,IF VM doesn't have BT Sports by the Friday of the new football season then will take my business to Sky.

At least there prices rise by just £1.00 OR £2.00 per year, not like VM who have increased there price THREE times in the past 16 months.
Why don't Sky offer it at £16 Arthur? Are they gonna rip you off for charging more than Smallworld when/if you join them?
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 22:25   #2335
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Again
ncfc1902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 01:39   #2336
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

I see that the England u20s were dumped out of the World cup losing to Egypt 2-0. This is yet another example that despite all the money going into the EPL via tv money that our game is being destroyed .
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 02:03   #2337
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I see that the England u20s were dumped out of the World cup losing to Egypt 2-0. This is yet another example that despite all the money going into the EPL via tv money that our game is being destroyed.
I was listening to the radio earlier today and heard an interesting story. Former Scotland manager Craig Brown was interviewed a couple of weeks ago and was taking about money in the English Premiership. Craig Brown stated that every senior player at every team in Englands top 20 is a millionaire. Even some of the youth players at the bigger clubs have already earned a million, or are just about too

---------- Post added at 02:03 ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 ----------

Talk Talk have published the below comparison table on their website. I think the fact they are openly showing they don't carry BT Sports and ESPN suggests they know they definitely won't be getting the channels.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 03:15   #2338
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

we should find out in july if VM getting it
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 07:38   #2339
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
we should find out in july if VM getting it
And l for one believe we will get it.
Old 30-06-2013, 07:47   #2340
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

That is actually what Virgin charge for the individual channels, I believe. It's when it comes to pricing of the whole suite that things get a bit murky, but your link suggests there is no regulated price for that?