Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 27-09-2018, 20:01   #2311
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Sky offered the choice of 1TB or 2TB. I don't see why Virgin couldn't have done the same, particularly given the plans for UHD channels, which will take up a lot more space.. It's a reasonable observation, I don't know why you are arguing about it.
Sky had to offer a 2TB box because their mini boxes have NO STORAGE, as I understand.
So, in fact, Virgin Media offer a better solution, given multiple V6s versus SkyQ plus minis.
Advertisement
Old 27-09-2018, 20:22   #2312
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Can I believe that last statement? You’re going to record 50 hours of programming each day of eight?
When are you going to find time to watch those 400 hours?

Well to start with every UHD recording (normally 2.5 - 3 hrs each) has released 5% disk space when deleted. This equates to around 60 hrs recording.

Some have said this 5% is incorrect, but it is what happens each time (BT Sports 4K)

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Sky had to offer a 2TB box because their mini boxes have NO STORAGE, as I understand.
So, in fact, Virgin Media offer a better solution, given multiple V6s versus SkyQ plus minis.
When I joined Virgin, the 2Tb box featured in their advertising blurb, after a bit it was quietly dropped.

One of the reasons I ditched sky was the fact they wouldn't allow multiple skyQ 2Tb boxes - again sky originally said they would then removed reference to this.
Old 27-09-2018, 20:27   #2313
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Well to start with every UHD recording (normally 2.5 - 3 hrs each) has released 5% disk space when deleted. This equates to around 60 hrs recording.

Some have said this 5% is incorrect, but it is what happens each time (BT Sports 4K)
Schrödinger’s V6; where 100% is simultaneously 50 and 60 hours of UHD recording.
Old 27-09-2018, 20:37   #2314
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Ah, I see. You are recording 20 football matches over 8 days on the BT Sports UHD channel.
I was unaware BT showed so many football matches in such a short period of time.

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

Must get Media Boy to update his 4K football thread. It shows nowhere like 20 games over any 8 day period.
Old 27-09-2018, 21:04   #2315
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Crime and inv. Is now on channel 223 (also on channel 275), Crime and inv. +1 is now on channel 295 (also on channel 224) and Crime and inv. HD is now on channel 272 (also on channel 222).
I really don't understand why VM have this. Unless they are preparing to move C+I into the Entertainment section and move History HD to channel 275.

Either this or VM are creating placeholders for some early Christmas presents?
Old 28-09-2018, 00:04   #2316
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Crime and inv. Is now on channel 223 (also on channel 275), Crime and inv. +1 is now on channel 295 (also on channel 224) and Crime and inv. HD is now on channel 272 (also on channel 222).
Good. It looks like VM are finally bringing the Crime + Investigation channels together on 222/223/224 and then probably the History channels on 270/271/272.
Old 30-09-2018, 16:34   #2317
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Good. It looks like VM are finally bringing the Crime + Investigation channels together on 222/223/224 and then probably the History channels on 270/271/272.
If History Channels was set to be put together why did Virgin put Crime + Investigation HD on Channel 272?

We think Virgin do not even knows what they are doing.

The Virgin EPG is an joke.

Here is our ideal Virgin EPG (As of June 1st 2018):

https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...ew-virgin.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 30-09-2018, 17:34   #2318
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
If History Channels was set to be put together why did Virgin put Crime + Investigation HD on Channel 272?

We think Virgin do not even knows what they are doing.

The Virgin EPG is an joke.

Here is our ideal Virgin EPG (As of June 1st 2018):

https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...ew-virgin.html
It is crazy. C&I SD channels in the Entertainment section with HD in the Factual.

Were there not rumours that H2 was planned for content changes in the future?

Could it be that H2 is moving with C&I replacing it?
Old 30-09-2018, 17:54   #2319
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I really don't understand this preoccupation with channel numbers. Why does it matter, given that you can select categories of channels from the EPG from the TV Guide menu (movies, documentaries, sport, etc)?

Yes, it could be tidier, but why this causes concern to some, I really cannot fathom.
Old 30-09-2018, 18:08   #2320
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I really don't understand this preoccupation with channel numbers. Why does it matter, given that you can select categories of channels from the EPG from the TV Guide menu (movies, documentaries, sport, etc)?

Yes, it could be tidier, but why this causes concern to some, I really cannot fathom.
The Crime + Investigation channels that appeared on Friday on Channels 222, 272 and 295 was new. The Total channels want up by three.

So Virgin Media have find room to broadcast SIX Crime + Investigation Channels.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 30-09-2018, 18:08   #2321
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

Totally agree with you, OB.
Old 30-09-2018, 18:49   #2322
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
The Crime + Investigation channels that appeared on Friday on Channels 222, 272 and 295 was new. The Total channels want up by three.

So Virgin Media have find room to broadcast SIX Crime + Investigation Channels.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:20   #2323
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

+1 OB

I know having a clean and tidy EPG would be lovely, but takes some work.

I don't know if everyone is the same, but most of my TV viewings, apart from live sport, is done through my recordings. The V6 knows which channels the programmes I want recorded are on, so I don't have to remember each channel number
Old 01-10-2018, 12:33   #2324
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
+1 OB

I know having a clean and tidy EPG would be lovely, but takes some work.

I don't know if everyone is the same, but most of my TV viewings, apart from live sport, is done through my recordings. The V6 knows which channels the programmes I want recorded are on, so I don't have to remember each channel number
Same here. I use favorite channels if I want to look for something, not bothered what channel numbers there on.

Last edited by alwaysabear; 01-10-2018 at 12:57.
Old 01-10-2018, 13:13   #2325
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Plus, there's the problem that channels come and go, which can cause havoc with a nicely ordered EPG. To keep it up to date, you would have to be constantly jiggling the numbers, which people would probably find irritating.
Closed Thread