Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Talk 2006/2007 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football Talk 2006/2007 Season
Closed Thread

Old 20-05-2007, 00:28   #2266
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Re: Football Talk 2006/2007 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
From what I remember Essien was behind Giggs and made contact with the back of this legs.

Can't find it on youtube will have a look tomorrow
Well, from SLM's post, even Giggs himself didn't think that it was penalty.
Advertisement
Old 20-05-2007, 00:53   #2267
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

From what I saw, Essien slid in behind Giggs while at the same time Giggs was sliding in to meet the ball. I don't think Essien even made contact with Giggs, and Giggs himself has said he wasnt appealing for a penalty.
Old 20-05-2007, 01:05   #2268
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
and Giggs himself has said he wasnt appealing for a penalty.
Why would he appeal for a penalty, when he was already appealing for the goal ? It was clearly over the line, you've been listening to Arsene "I deed not seee eeet" wenger too much. If that had happened at the other end, no doubt your eyesight would be much better. Nothing wrong with your eyesight at Anfield 2 years ago, was there.

And on the subject of Liverpool, didn't Mourinho label them as a cup team during the build up of the champions league semi ? Well guess what Jose, remind me what you've won this season.
Old 20-05-2007, 01:09   #2269
Mal
Inactive

Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedantic View Post
Why would he appeal for a penalty, when he was already appealing for the goal ? It was clearly over the line, you've been listening to Arsene "I deed not seee eeet" wenger too much. If that had happened at the other end, no doubt your eyesight would be much better. Nothing wrong with your eyesight at Anfield 2 years ago, was there.
Come on! It wasn't a penalty. Essien was doing a defender's job.
Old 20-05-2007, 01:12   #2270
pedantic
Inactive

pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Come on! It wasn't a penalty. Essien was doing a defender's job.
I never said it was, re-read my post.
Old 20-05-2007, 01:28   #2271
Mal
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedantic View Post
I never said it was, re-read my post.
Ahhh...post something vague, which can be interpreted both ways, so you can claim the opposite when questioned
Old 20-05-2007, 01:34   #2272
pedantic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Ahhh...post something vague, which can be interpreted both ways, so you can claim the opposite when questioned
There was nothing vague about my post..................you been on the shandy again.
Old 20-05-2007, 10:54   #2273
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

this is why there is so much cheating and diving and penalty incidents every match.. at no point did Essien say i'm going to take Giggs' legs away and stop him playing football which is what a foul is. sure there was some contact but it is a contact sport.. he didn't take his legs away on purpose so it isn't a foul.. Giggs only put the ball over the line after sliding into and pushing Cech so it wasn't a goal
Old 20-05-2007, 11:25   #2274
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

You do know what sort of player Essien is though, right?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 20-05-2007, 11:40   #2275
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
From what I remember Essien was behind Giggs and made contact with the back of this legs.

Can't find it on youtube will have a look tomorrow
It's here about 3m 30s in...
Old 20-05-2007, 12:21   #2276
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

To me it look like Giggs is shaping side foot the ball

Then essien makes contact with the back of his leg causing him to fall

Look where the ball is, why would giggs need to slide to get it.
Old 20-05-2007, 12:55   #2277
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Just breaking on SSN - Hargreaves is off to Man U for £17m according to Franz Beckenbauer...
Old 20-05-2007, 12:57   #2278
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

And the beeb have confirmed it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/6546939.stm

To be fair, this was a foregone conclusion really.

Now for Torres from Athletico Madrid

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 20-05-2007, 13:36   #2279
Mal
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
You do know what sort of player Essien is though, right?
Reputation? Ronaldo has a reputation for diving, does that mean that every time he gets tackled, he has dived?

Quote:
To me it look like Giggs is shaping side foot the ball

Then essien makes contact with the back of his leg causing him to fall

Look where the ball is, why would giggs need to slide to get it.
To me that is an extremely weak claim for a penalty. Even Giggs didn't think that it was a foul. I do think that Essien was just doing what a defender should do, challenging him for the ball. Okay, on a tv reply, where you can keep going back and forth, there may be a grey area, where you can try to argue for it, but I can definitely see why nothing was given by the officials.
Old 20-05-2007, 14:02   #2280
pedantic
Inactive

Live football now on Sky sports news

Ok its Exeter v Morecambe but I've never seen live footy games on SSN before.
Closed Thread