Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2011/12

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Season 2011/12
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 15:33   #2266
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Football Season 2011/12

Quote:
The Uruguay striker faces severe treatment at Old Trafford and Liverpool want to reduce the offensive chants Suarez is likely to endure.
Like Liverpool have ever given a flying 'fudge' about the abuse their supporters aim at United players.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2012, 15:39   #2267
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Like Liverpool have ever given a flying 'fudge' about the abuse their supporters aim at United players.
Exactly and l am a Liverpool supporter but abuse and chants in whichever form it takes is inacceptable and l have always feel very embarassed when l hear it.
Old 06-01-2012, 15:49   #2268
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I'm not so sure about that. In football you expect abuse to a degree. When Owen plays, Liverpool fans boo him when he's on the ball - and I totally respect that, he's one of their former strikers playing for their biggest rival. In fact I'd be more puzzled if Liverpool fans didn't boo him.

Unless the abuse is racial then I can't see what Liverpool are worried about.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 06-01-2012, 15:54   #2269
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I'm not so sure about that. In football you expect abuse to a degree. When Owen plays, Liverpool fans boo him when he's on the ball - and I totally respect that, he's one of their former strikers playing for their biggest rival. In fact I'd be more puzzled if Liverpool fans didn't boo him.

Well l just hope we have a good match when they play each other and everything passes off peacefully.
Old 06-01-2012, 17:03   #2270
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

The issue isn't the booing....it is all the rest. Some things that football fans say..all under the guise of rivalry...is disgusting at the best of times.

You make it sound like they are similar to a night at the panto..booing and calls of "he is behind you".

I enjoy the game..but some football fans should be barred for life for their comments and actions (racial or not).

Ps, castration is still a better option..stop the breeeding at source
Old 06-01-2012, 17:05   #2271
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post

I enjoy the game..but some football fans should be barred for life for their comments and actions (racial or not).

l totally agree Colin.
Old 06-01-2012, 19:00   #2272
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

guys help me understand this. bosmans...

https://twitter.com/Bosmanlist

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/edi...ll-the-players

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/edi...l-the-players-

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/...ndro-del-piero

theres some decent players on there but from what I see its for this summer yet as far as i know rosicky and arshavin still have atleast 1 more year on their contracts.. bit puzzled tbh. anyone able to find anything?
Old 06-01-2012, 19:06   #2273
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
guys help me understand this. bosmans...

https://twitter.com/Bosmanlist

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/edi...l-the-players-

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/...ndro-del-piero

theres some decent players on there but from what I see its for this summer yet as far as i know rosicky and arshavin still have atleast 1 more year on their contracts.. bit puzzled tbh. anyone able to find anything?
So from what you are saying Rosicky and Arshavin should not be on the Bosman's list as they still have a year on their contract if l understand you..
Old 06-01-2012, 19:23   #2274
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

sorry the links are confusing, next summer is next summer, this summer is this summer. wheres the lists for this coming summer?
Old 06-01-2012, 19:31   #2275
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
sorry the links are confusing, next summer is next summer, this summer is this summer. wheres the lists for this coming summer?
These players from where l am looking had a year left on their contract last summer but they are free to talk to clubs l believe at the start of the year in order to agree a potential free transfer by the end of their contract but also the club could also sell the player before his contract runs out for a mutually agreeable fee which will have obviously decreased in value the more they enter into the last year of their contract.
Old 06-01-2012, 19:43   #2276
thenry
Inactive

bit confused den..

published Jan 3, 2012 9:04:00 AM

headline > Premier League Bosman List - Didier Drogba & all the players currently available for free in England next summer

Drogbas free to go at the end of this season/this summer yet the headline states next summer.. do we say next summer for the upcoming summer

am i being thick or has this been messed up by someone?
Old 06-01-2012, 19:45   #2277
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
bit confused den..

published Jan 3, 2012 9:04:00 AM

headline > Premier League Bosman List - Didier Drogba & all the players currently available for free in England next summer

Drogbas free to go at the end of this season/this summer yet the headline states next summer.. do we say next summer for the upcoming summer

am i being thick or has this been messed up by someone?
No he is free to move this summer for free if that or the other players on this list desire.
Old 06-01-2012, 19:48   #2278
yesman

This should be a walk in the park for Liverpool shouldn't it ?

Liverpool V Oldham

Old 06-01-2012, 19:52   #2279
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman View Post
This should be a walk in the park for Liverpool shouldn't it ?

Liverpool V Oldham
One would hope so Yesman.
Old 06-01-2012, 19:58   #2280
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Thats what Everton thought a couple of years ago.

Come on the Latics.
Closed Thread