Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 09-10-2012, 20:22   #2236
koesac
Inactive

koesac is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Hi Guys,

This is our VM 60Mb line (recently doubled). We have been suffering peak time outages for about two years. I don't know much about how to read the graph but this looks pretty bad to me. The red section was an outage which lasted until we reset the Superhub (new and in modem mode).

koesac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2012, 20:25   #2237
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

The 6.30PM + speed slow down and ping Bump is back. after a weekend free.
( Which is strange as that should be the most over loaded time... As the kids are off school all day. )
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 20:29   #2238
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

It only occurs with TBB graphs, all the other graphs I have are fine.
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 20:33   #2239
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
The web sites are not slowing down by luck, got massive slow down. Due to increased ping and complete blank white pages in the browser as it sits there with circle spinning waiting for a possible time out...
Old 09-10-2012, 21:47   #2240
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Never seen my monitor like this before.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 21:50   #2241
RealDiamond
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post

Never seen my monitor like this before.
Yep thats the Ping bump ive had weekdays from 6.30PM its back...
Old 10-10-2012, 09:47   #2242
LenMackin
Inactive

Services: 152mb Broadband only
LenMackin will become famous soon enoughLenMackin will become famous soon enoughLenMackin will become famous soon enough

Here's mine. I am already pursing this in another thread but essentially been getting regular service dropouts here in Warwick area for over a week now.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
LenMackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:05   #2243
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

I got the same 'blip' as everybody else. I can't say we noticed any drop in service, although I did no speedtest during that period.

Quote:
Is this evidence of VM's notorious connection to TBB?
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:23   #2244
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

There was a fault in my area last night. G31, now looking at the graph before the fault the chart is all over the place but after the service came back its been steady as a rock. You can see before the total fail of the service that the chart got a lot worse in respect to latency. Now its a lot lower and steady.

Not sure if they were doing a bit of work as the speed doubling was completed last week.

Although I do notice that everyone seems to have a similar blip around 8-10pm last night.
Old 10-10-2012, 14:02   #2245
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

LooooL at last night.

I have asked tbb to do a story on it to get some media attention.

This is just very sad as its happening during a time when VM are running TWO forms of traffic management and they still cant get it right.

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

Quote:
it affects iplayer, speedtest.net london server, my .nl traffic is affected. Probably more as well.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 14:19   #2246
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

Live Graph

I have the same speed bump, the same as a number of you had!
tdadyslexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 14:28   #2247
Gobble
cf.addict

Services: Gig1 SH4-AX86U, Stream
Gobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really nice

Got me wondering now... I've re-enabled mine from ages ago and will see if I get the hump of doom.
Gobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 14:30   #2248
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Can I point you to the ping-o-tron 3000 again, another VM issue. If it happens again could someone do a few tracert's around the country

Also, if anyone has any live graphs to add to my collection, you know where to find me
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 15:42   #2249
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Being curious I installed the monitor yesterday after reading this thread and it appears that I also get the 6pm/10pm thingy.

Other than that period am I right in thinking my connection is pretty much OK? (I don't game other than hardcore games of solitaire )
Old 10-10-2012, 15:59   #2250
data0002
cf.addict

Services: 120mg Broadband (Virgin) telephone (Virgin media) 2 x Tivo
data0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

here are mine for the last 24hrs

data0002 is offline   Reply With Quote