Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 26-04-2014, 14:22   #2161
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Yup. I am expecting some BS excuse in broken English...
Is it from Game.Mobi?
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-04-2014, 15:46   #2162
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

gamecard.mobi, the one Craig linked to.

Just had a reply from them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecard.mobi
Dear Customer,

Thanks for your attention here!
We are sorry to inform you that your order is issued for a refund automatically by our system due to some incorrect data.
The refund can be done in the next 24 working hours.
Please kindly note.
Thanks

This is the second time I have tried to buy XBL credit from gamecard.mobi, and the second time they have messed me around and cancelled the order.

eBay can get stuffed. I'm sticking with CDKeys.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 16:25   #2163
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
gamecard.mobi, the one Craig linked to.

Just had a reply from them...

This is the second time I have tried to buy XBL credit from gamecard.mobi, and the second time they have messed me around and cancelled the order.

eBay can get stuffed. I'm sticking with CDKeys.
I used them the other week and had to wait for a phone call from them.

It sucks when things go wrong. I dont normally use Ebay to buy credit as i dont trust it. CDKeys is far better
Old 26-04-2014, 23:32   #2164
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I got my code eventually.

After a couple more emails back and forth where I kept asking them to explain exactly what the problem was, I mentioned I was going to give them negative feedback on eBay...

... all of a sudden they became helpful, and sent me the code once I confirmed three things they would have already known and did not previously ask for: what I bought, eBay name, PayPal email.

Still no explanation as to what the problem was though!

Not using them in future! I'll stick with CDKeys, even if it's ~£40 instead of ~£30.
Old 27-04-2014, 10:01   #2165
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I got my code eventually.

After a couple more emails back and forth where I kept asking them to explain exactly what the problem was, I mentioned I was going to give them negative feedback on eBay...

... all of a sudden they became helpful, and sent me the code once I confirmed three things they would have already known and did not previously ask for: what I bought, eBay name, PayPal email.

Still no explanation as to what the problem was though!

Not using them in future! I'll stick with CDKeys, even if it's ~£40 instead of ~£30.
Thanks for the warning.
Old 27-04-2014, 13:09   #2166
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Having fun with Kinect Rivals here with my partner, glad they have reduced the price though as only a mug would buy digital games at full price.
Old 30-04-2014, 09:32   #2167
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I knew holding off buying Titanfall digitally would eventually pay off!

Just bought Titanfall digital version for £32.96 (including 5% FB discount) from CDkeys.com making a total saving of £20 off the MS store price.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/game...e-digital-code
Old 30-04-2014, 17:22   #2168
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

This is quite an interesting read.... - 'PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sales: will 2014 boom, or bust?'

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...2014-boom-bust
Old 01-05-2014, 11:54   #2169
nstokes
Inactive

Post from Sky General discussion

PS4 to get Sky Go and Now TV and Xbox One to get Now TV app as well

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...om-this-summer
Old 01-05-2014, 13:41   #2170
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Why no Sky Go for the Xbox One?

Is MS so desperate to get people to use the HDMI passthrough for TV that it is not bothering with Sky Go?
Old 01-05-2014, 14:26   #2171
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Why no Sky Go for the Xbox One?

Is MS so desperate to get people to use the HDMI passthrough for TV that it is not bothering with Sky Go?
I doubt its that. Maybe Sky just need longer to code the app
Old 01-05-2014, 18:36   #2172
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

I dunno. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the reason.

MS made a big song and dance about the passthrough and the One Guide, but I think that that feature would have fewer users if the console also had a Sky Go app.
Old 01-05-2014, 21:55   #2173
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Now TV:

Going back over the Eurogamer article on this, it links to one from November:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ut-summer-2014

That earlier article sheds more light on the lack of Sky Go:

Quote:

Sky told us it still wants to extend the distribution of Sky Go, but main set platforms are less pressing because Sky Go customers, of which there are over three million, can already access Sky content on their main set via their Sky + HD box.

Sky's focus for Sky Go, then, is Android tablets and smartphones.

A Sky spokesperson said: "We enjoy a long track-record of innovating with Microsoft and look forward to the launch of Now TV on Xbox One by summer next year.

"As a dedicated over-the-top service, we have prioritised the availability of Now TV, to extend the reach of the service to the main TV. Looking ahead, we will also consider any future opportunities for Sky Go."
So, it's not MS wanting people to use the passthrough (my initial tinfoil hat assumption), but actually that Sky wants to concentrate on Now TV for "main set platforms" because people with Sky Go will already have a Sky box connected to their "main set", so won't need Sky Go for it. Now TV for main sets, Sky Go for mobile.

Then again... if that's the case, why announce Sky Go for PS4?
Old 02-05-2014, 00:50   #2174
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

quite a few apps are releasing in summer MUZU.TV is another one
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 21:39   #2175
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer and Details Leaked

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/0...details-leaked

looks awesome
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote