Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football : Season 2009/2010

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football : Season 2009/2010

Old 28-04-2010, 22:16   #2131
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age
Re: Football : Season 2009/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It wasn't a straight red card but I think it was a yellow and hence he deserved to be off. His actions afterwards have probably killed his chances of getting to the final though, grabbing him by the neck.

Inter had many men behind the ball, The goal keeper was taking a long time for goal kicks. The yellow card came after the red but it was a long time coming and he had been warned. They were going their to see out the game and part of that involved time wasting.
For all the negatives of Inter, i'd give anything for Arsenal to play like that at times. They deserve their place in the final.

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-04-2010, 22:18   #2132
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niles Crane View Post
For all the negatives of Inter, i'd give anything for Arsenal to play like that at times. Inter deserve their place in the final.
Maybe sometimes, when they need to see out a result when the tide is against them, but not for a whole game and not on a constant basis. Inter just play clever, tactical, professional and efficient football and there is a lot to admire about that. They deserve the success they get.

However the style of play is what makes games enjoyable and I find Inter suck some of that out of a game with their negativity and cynicism. This was an awful game, the Chelsea one wasn't great despite the three attackers. Therefore I prefer other teams to go though.

I don't think I would like Arsenal to become known for that kind of football and to produce week in and week out. Would mean more success I guess, but I still think attacking football is the best way to win games in the end.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 22:25   #2133
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Inter did attack, they put three past Barca at home, the first side to do that in two years, they fully deserve to go through. They also attacked Chelski from the off at Stamford Bridge, tactically perfect.

Good defending is part of football and can be every bit as exciting if you allow yourself to see the bigger picture.

Also nice to see that cheating Ribery will miss the final.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2010, 23:03   #2134
yesman

After watching last nights match, then this excuse for a game tonight, there is only one winner for me. I will be rooting for Bayern Munich in the final !!
Old 28-04-2010, 23:52   #2135
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

After the Gerrard nonsense, now here's a promising rumour... Benitez's house is up for sale allegedly

http://www.struttandparker.com/prope...CHS090087.html

I don't know if its his house or not, but he lives in the street. Could just be movin locally or more further afield. He's been linked to Juve and and isn't happy about the ownership at Liverpool.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 22:03   #2136
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Yes Fulham! YES!

Congratulations to Fulham and Hodgson. Great result! I really hope they go onto win it.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 22:06   #2137
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Once again, absolutely brilliant from Fulham! I couldn't be happier for them.

Inter through, Fulham through. Both with epic performances. Great couple of days!
Old 29-04-2010, 22:08   #2138
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

I am so happy for Fulham, fully deserved win tonight with a great performance. I hope they go on to win it.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 22:44   #2139
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

And that puts Uniteds hopes out of the window, Liverpool will be knackered on Sunday, both physically and mentally.

Happy for Forlan though, he played his heart out for United but it just didn't work out for him, apart from games against Liverpool.

Its a real pity that fantasic, first half, one touch passing sequence that ended in Kuyt firing over didn't bring a goal. Even I would have voted for that as my goal of the season had it gone in.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 22:49   #2140
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Diego does it again
Old 29-04-2010, 22:54   #2141
LEE1
Inactive

Services: Sky hd
LEE1 has a spectacular aura about themLEE1 has a spectacular aura about themLEE1 has a spectacular aura about themLEE1 has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via ICQ to LEE1

are liverpool going to be in europe with a 7th place finish or will they need pointsin the last 2 games if so they will need something from the chelsea game... as a united fan that gives me hope but we need to do our own job aswell.
LEE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 22:56   #2142
Niles Crane
Inactive

7th place is enough for Europe next season. Everton still could feasibly take it though.

Like i said earlier in the thread; if Fulham win the Europa League then currently Burnley will be playing in Europe next season as they're the highest club in the Fair Play league which hasn't qualified by other means!
Old 29-04-2010, 23:10   #2143
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niles Crane View Post
Like i said earlier in the thread; if Fulham win the Europa League then currently Burnley will be playing in Europe next season as they're the highest club in the Fair Play league which hasn't qualified by other means!
Where are England in the Fair Play league?
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 23:13   #2144
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
Where are England in the Fair Play league?

England were 3rd in the last one, the top 3 nations get an extra place so there's a possibilty England won't get one if they drop a place.
Old 29-04-2010, 23:17   #2145
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
England were 3rd in the last one, the top 3 nations get an extra place so there's a possibilty England won't get one if they drop a place.
I thought only the top team got an automatic place and then there was a ballot of the next places. Have they changed it?
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote