Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 08-12-2016, 15:21   #2116
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
There were several years delay, and VM (Telewest then?) ended up selling the channels they owned and associated content to Sky in exchange for HD plus restoration of Sky channels that had been withheld by Sky in a financial dispute. It wasn't quite as simple as that but that was the outcome. A few months after that, Sky launched Atlantic and kept it exclusive.
Actually it was Virgin Media not Telewest back then.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2016, 15:28   #2117
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
My 2 V6's have just been installed and they are on wifi and working fantastic

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Sweet, nice one mate
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 16:11   #2118
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Hi could you upload a wee video to show them working
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 16:14   #2119
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Hi could you upload a wee video to show them working
This is not the place for wee videos
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 16:15   #2120
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

I meant a link to a youtube video
Old 08-12-2016, 16:43   #2121
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

do they only run on 2.4ghz?
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 16:46   #2122
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Well I found a slot available and that is for Wednesday 14th December instead of January 6th. If people want me to do a video I'll be more than happy to do so, and a full review including streaming and any bugs I find
Old 08-12-2016, 16:46   #2123
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
do they only run on 2.4ghz?
No, they are also 5Ghz compatible
Old 08-12-2016, 16:47   #2124
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ View Post
I thought it was the age they were targetting with TellyTubbyTablets and their "Hey there! Stuff's getter better" communication style
I agree, I hate all this dumbed down street kid way of communicating from organisations that purport to be professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
**** UPDATE 8TH Dec ******

I rang Virgin media to try to order the V6 Box i mentioned that i rang last night and got a install for 5th Jan 2017 the lady last night told me sooo much BS they person i spoke with couldn't believe what the lady said to me i even got the Activation Fee FREE and even got Sky Sports and Movie £20 less a Month for 6 months so i'm a happy Bunny , it looks like you have to have your modem next to your superhub i just hope they got to alter the Traffic Management before too much data is used
Mine isn't, its two floors up! I use WiFi with no problems.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 16:50   #2125
carbon60
Needs more upload

Services: TiVo V6, TiVo 500GB, Samsung V Box, Full House TV + Sky Sports SD, VIVID 200, Talk Weekends Phone
carbon60 is on a distinguished roadcarbon60 is on a distinguished road

As we're comparing charges this is what I got:

Activation Fee £14.99
Activation Exception £14.99CR
Manned Installation Credit £40.00CR
Manned Installation Charge £40.00
V6 Box Activation Credit £50.00CR
V6 Box Activation Fee £99.95

One-off charges & credits total £49.95
carbon60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 17:08   #2126
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No, they are also 5Ghz compatible
Cheers Ben, good to know
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 17:17   #2127
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

I found this in my email after order

http://virginmediapresents.com/#all/...zedraw_issue50
Old 08-12-2016, 17:29   #2128
Rob
Inactive

Rob is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone first post here. I got the new V6 box installed today and the speed is great compared to the old tivo box.

Just one problem, in the old Tivo box I used HDMI port to main tv and Scart (21 pin?) cable to Kitchen tv. In the V6 box there is no 21 pin scart and not sure what the scart output (9 pin) thing is. Since there is only 1 hdmi port , anyone have a idea to what I can do, use a scart coverter or something?

Last edited by Rob; 08-12-2016 at 17:42.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 17:33   #2129
djs9750
cf.member

djs9750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Well I found a slot available and that is for Wednesday 14th December instead of January 6th. If people want me to do a video I'll be more than happy to do so, and a full review including streaming and any bugs I find
Did it allow you to reschedule online or did you have to phone up? I had a look and there was a slot showing as available but as soon as I chose it, it said I couldn't reschedule online.
djs9750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 17:33   #2130
MisterQ

Quote:
I found this in my email after order

http://virginmediapresents.com/#all/...zedraw_issue50
You would have thought they would have updated the terms and conditions.

"TiVo features: Record three shows and watch a fourth"

Here come the targeted adverts we have been hearing about:

"Information about your TiVo use: By having the and/or using the TiVo service you give us your consent to use your viewing information to personalise your TiVo experience (in addition to the other purposes set out in our privacy policy). We may share this information with third parties..."

P.S. No ideas what "By having the and/or using" means.