Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 10-09-2015, 16:59   #2101
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
You should see some of the abuse a member here receives just for being ill, makes me sick that the perpetrators then go about interacting with others on here as if butter wouldn't melt
Sadly, there's been more than one case of that on here.

It isn't just Cable Forum members or non disabled people that troll though.

There's a programme with a disability slant on Channel 4 called 'The Last Leg'.

One of the disabled side presenters has been trolling folk who criticise him in any way. The abuse has included swearing, rudeness and personal insults about people's appearance (a tad dissapointing coming from someone born with missing and deformed limbs).

Anybody who complained was subject to extremely big headed, arrogant and vile remarks. I can only assume that it's something to do with the 'oppressed oppress' syndrome.

Afterwards, the remarks were withdrawn- so he's a coward as well as an internet bully.

Russ has said that someone has been doing something similar on here with the comments field on the reputation system- another reason why I have it switched off.

It's a funny old world.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2015, 17:39   #2102
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Hospital - infarction - legs......

Wonder what's next.

Right now I still feel like popping to pound land to get a junior hacksaw and deal with it myself.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 17:46   #2103
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Sorry to hear about your ongoing health problems dilli and l just hope things improve soon for you.
Old 10-09-2015, 17:53   #2104
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Cheers. Somehow I don't see things getting better any time soon. Still I know it could be worse and all that.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 17:57   #2105
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l know how hard it can be sometimes dilli but l thinks its important to try to see things in a positive light even when things don't look that way sometimes.
Old 10-09-2015, 18:19   #2106
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel, but it was my boss with a torch bringing me more work.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:37   #2107
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Skype.
For some reason or other ("security") they have blocked my account so I can't use it.
The account unblocking process is ridiculous. Questions range from the reasonable "what credit card did you last use to purchase credit?" & "list 3 contacts" to the ridiculous "what month and year did you first use skype?" and what email address did you use when you originally signed up?"
So far they are refusing to unblock my account and are suggesting that I sign up again.........I'm thinking so that they can simply block my access and purchased credit again?!
Old 11-09-2015, 13:01   #2108
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Ramrod have a look here it may just help (If the link doesn't work you'll know what to look for).
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 16:52   #2109
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I washed some pillows in the washing machine and now 1 of them is all out of shape and as it is in a sealed outer case i can't reshape the damn thing!
Old 13-09-2015, 11:08   #2110
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

<FirstWorldProblems>

You go looking on YouTube for instructions or directions on how to do or achieve something which in theory should only take about 20 or 30 seconds of explaining yet all you can find are clips of about 5 or 6 minutes long where someone has decided they're a professional presenter and spend 90% of the clip explaining what the problem is that you're trying to solve, what alternatives you could try, why it's done this way and what else you can do as well.

Ok I get that some people may have no idea what they're doing and appreciate the extra pointers but if the task you're trying to research is fairly technical then perhaps someone who needs all the fluffy extra garnishing of information might ought to avoid trying it in the first place.

At the very least these self-appointed YouTube 'broadcasters' could offer a link to a direct, stripped-down and straight-to-the-point alternative, or even something in the title that tells you at which time frame the actual instructions begin.

</FirstWorldProblems>

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2015, 18:44   #2111
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Kitchen seems to be infested with thunder/fruit/fungus flies. Don't know which but they're getting in everything. Put the UV zap killing lamp on, hope that'll take care of them.
Old 16-09-2015, 20:41   #2112
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Life. It sucks.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2015, 20:56   #2113
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

But consider the alternative.....

Seriously, though, I hope things get better for you, Mark.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2015, 20:59   #2114
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Life. It sucks.
Try to keep your chin up Mark as remember life has a habit of turning round very quickly and surprising us at our lowest ebb.
Old 16-09-2015, 22:49   #2115
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
<FirstWorldProblems>

You go looking on YouTube for instructions or directions on how to do or achieve something which in theory should only take about 20 or 30 seconds of explaining yet all you can find are clips of about 5 or 6 minutes long where someone has decided they're a professional presenter and spend 90% of the clip explaining what the problem is that you're trying to solve, what alternatives you could try, why it's done this way and what else you can do as well.

Ok I get that some people may have no idea what they're doing and appreciate the extra pointers but if the task you're trying to research is fairly technical then perhaps someone who needs all the fluffy extra garnishing of information might ought to avoid trying it in the first place.

At the very least these self-appointed YouTube 'broadcasters' could offer a link to a direct, stripped-down and straight-to-the-point alternative, or even something in the title that tells you at which time frame the actual instructions begin.

</FirstWorldProblems>
Don't forget the jump cuts! Look here I am, now I am over here!, now I am close to the camera, now I am further away, oh my do you see, how my constant cuts, are helping create, the illusion, of, movement? I am a super YouTube personality.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote