Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
19-07-2010, 20:50
|
#2086
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Preston
Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
Posts: 1,947
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telford240
Funny that mate as I have just had a quote from sky for all the above your talking about and it was well under £12.00 cheaper than your £71.00 your paying plus you get Sky Sports 3 and 4 HD and well over 40 channels, if you dont believe me ring sky and get a quote, I will post up the conversation with sky rep when I get a min, that was installation waived too
|
Agree,I pay £24.25per month and have all channels and not just half a sports package (all in glourious HD)
Wake UP VM !!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU BEEN CONNED)
Think VM must of got stevie wonder to sign and read the agreement on there behalf,When dealing with sky lol
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:51
|
#2087
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 174
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by zing
Is it only movies and sports that HD is getting charged for?
|
On top of your sports and movie subscription yes, you dont just pay 7 squids and get sky sports hd
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:51
|
#2088
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
Posts: 836
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mattystevo
I just spoke to the chat thing on the virgin media website and ive attached a picture of the conversation:

|
Could you provide me the link to the chat thing on the VM site - cant find it anywhere?
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:53
|
#2089
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Newport
Services: 152meg BB.
XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
Posts: 979
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers
Could you provide me the link to the chat thing on the VM site - cant find it anywhere?
|
It pops up when your ordering.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:55
|
#2090
|
|
Media Watcher
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Essex
Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Posts: 2,416
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11
26.50 for Sky movies HD is excessive when u consider for 14.99 you can rent Blue Ray from Lovefilm.
|
Even cheaper methods than that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11
I will consider staying with Virgin if the XL gets ESPN America HD , Sky One HD , Sky Sports News HD and Hallmark HD at no extra cost.
|
That was a quick turnaround, I'm sure you won't be disappointed then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop
I think the frustration for VIP Customers is the way the package has been devalued since it first came out. When VIP was first launched, it offered a saving of £26.50 on standard prices. This has now been shrunk to just £6.45 as price reductions have not been passed on. VIP used to include the best of everything available, but since the launch of 50Mb broadband this has not been the case, and now of course we effectively will no longer be receiving the top TV package as part of the bundle.
I've waited 4 years for these channels, and at £7 I'm still going to add them. The biggest disappointment for me is the "per box" price, and I can't really justify paying another £7 to get this on my new shiny V-HD box as well as the V+.
|
Why don't you email those exact comments to Neil Berkett. I agree that VIP was marketed as the "everything" package, but perhaps VM may make additions to the package soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki
People in the thread pay a lot more than that but I can see why you would be a little peed at the price but it's not a great deal extra overall and maybe you could get them to give you a deal when the prices are announced?
|
I agree £7 is not much, but per box is ridiculous. Brings back Sky PPV bad memories.
Someone earlier on the thread said it was like SKy are now controlling VM's prices and I think at least for a while that is correct until the Ofcom thing is sorted out once and for all. Plus, now that VM, BT etc get access to Sky's good stuff, the value of it to Sky goes down, they will bid less for sports/film rights in the future, thus ultimately bringing prices for all. In theory, anyway.
But as its a bit like Lord Of The Flies on here at the moment, I'm off to kill the pig.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:56
|
#2091
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telford240
On top of your sports and movie subscription yes, you dont just pay 7 squids and get sky sports hd
|
I kinda hoped they were adding it to all HD channels so I could use the change in T&C and costs as an escape from a contract lol
|
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:57
|
#2092
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Nice to see that both SS and SM are coming on August 2nd
http://i27.tinypic.com/zlsmmx.jpg
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:59
|
#2093
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon
Why don't you email those exact comments to Neil Berkett. I agree that VIP was marketed as the "everything" package, but perhaps VM may make additions to the package soon.
|
Not a bad idea if anyone has an email address?
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:59
|
#2094
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 45
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy
 to Cable Forum.
Everyone will know tomorrow.
|
we were all supposed to know today...but that never happened, so I am not counting on it.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 21:00
|
#2095
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opinion
we were all supposed to know today...but that never happened, so I am not counting on it.
|
Actually I though it was a rumour that it would be announced today?
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 21:01
|
#2096
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Newcastle Staffordshire(Bromley)
Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
Posts: 1,742
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
The big one i think nobody has asked when taking the hd variants off sports and movies does it tie you into a new 12 month contract?.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 21:03
|
#2097
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
We've been stitched up by Shitanta they negotiated the current 23 games for this season that ESPN took over. Would we be.that.bothered about Sky Sports if ESPN had 3 of the 6 packages.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 21:03
|
#2098
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 45
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
Actually I though it was a rumour that it would be announced today?
|
to be honest, i have lost track of what is rumour and fact now.
to say that there will be information tomorrow is also a rumour.
I hate that word now!!!
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 21:04
|
#2099
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lancashire
Services: Tivo On Medium Plus.Xbox 360,Nexus 7,HTC Desire S & Sky Freesat
Posts: 85
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Im sure I heard an advert in the background earlier saying sky sports hd channels & sky movies hd channels will be £6.99 a month each.
I will rewatch channel 4+1 shortly.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 21:04
|
#2100
|
|
Media Watcher
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Essex
Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Posts: 2,416
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop
Not a bad idea if anyone has an email address?
|
neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:11.
|