Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
19-07-2010, 20:39
|
#2071
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Services: TV XL
Extra V Box
BB XL
Phone XL
Virgin Mobile
Sky Sports
Posts: 2
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
I'm really getting annoyed now! Wish Virgin would just give the official announcement.
Although I know I'm not going to like it!
Whilst they still havent made an "official" anouncement, there is still a little glimmer of hope!
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:39
|
#2072
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy
Other News:
Virgin Media has removed ITN News interactive.
|
Nice to see a change of subject in this thread
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:39
|
#2073
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sittingbourne
Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
Posts: 254
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red
So if it was £85 then and its say £92 now (£7 increase) now does that not mean the other services have got more expensive also - remember you don’t have 2 for £20, 3 for £30 anymore and the fact VIP is offering more.
|
Here are the advertised website prices for all services, if bought individually(cheers kgollop for working it out):
Telephone Line Rental = £11.99
Talk Unlimited = £7.95
Talk International = £1.50
Talk Mobile = £1.50
T V Size: X L = £23.00
Sky Sports & Movies = £27.50
1 Additional V Box = £5.50
Broadband Size: X L = £20.00
Total = £98.94
i also take another v+ hd box and xxl boardband kgollop do you know what the total cost would be?
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:40
|
#2074
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 174
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle
I think some people on here need to take stock of what's happening
Virgin
Have Free ESPN
Have Free HD
Sky
Charge for ESPN
Charge for HD
Sky Sports cost up £2 pm end of September
What are people moaning about, you don't want the HD services, you don't pay simple. Be grateful we are getting the red button (includ champions league) I pay £71 pm for the following
V+HD (XL + SKY SPORTS)
2ND BOX (STANDARD V BOX)
10MB BROADBAND
UNLIMITED PHONE CALLS + LINE RENTAL
With Sky I'd be paying over £20 more per month, take Sky Sports 3&4 HD out of the equation there ain't much there. Virgin Customers will benefit from this in the long term. Look at the facts
ESPN HD + SKY Sports 1 & 2 HD total cost p/m = £28
with Sky = £41 p/m from September
Be grateful Virgin are getting these services, Sky Sports HD was always going to cost a little extra.
|
Funny that mate as I have just had a quote from sky for all the above your talking about and it was well under £12.00 cheaper than your £71.00 your paying plus you get Sky Sports 3 and 4 HD and well over 40 channels, if you dont believe me ring sky and get a quote, I will post up the conversation with sky rep when I get a min, that was installation waived too
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:40
|
#2075
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red
So if it was £85 then and its say £92 now (£7 increase) now does that not mean the other services have got more expensive also - remember you don’t have 2 for £20, 3 for £30 anymore and the fact VIP is offering more.
|
Standard prices according to VM website:
Telephone Line Rental = £11.99
Talk Unlimited = £7.95
Talk International = £1.50
Talk Mobile = £1.50
T V Size: X L = £23.00
Sky Sports & Movies = £27.50
1 Additional V Box = £5.50
Broadband Size: X L = £20.00
Total = £98.94
I believe XL broadband price has come down significantly and was £35 when VIP launched, and there was also a £10 per month V+ charge that was scrapped. Neither saving was passed on to VIP, yet the most recent price raises have been.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:41
|
#2076
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 48
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telford240
It is when you already paying £70 quid mate
|
I already pay about £90 for the VIP package. To be honest HD quality ain't that fantastic compared to Sky - I think I'll actually drop down a couple of levels.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:41
|
#2077
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Newport
Services: 152meg BB.
XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
Posts: 979
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mattystevo
I just spoke to the chat thing on the virgin media website and ive attached a picture of the conversation:
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
|
I know VM engineer told me this earlier, you can pre order it tomorrow.
It's £7 per box though.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:42
|
#2078
|
|
Got inside news - PM me
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Media Boy UK HQ
Posts: 15,148
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingjackson
I'm really getting annoyed now! Wish Virgin would just give the official announcement.
Although I know I'm not going to like it!
Whilst they still havent made an "official" anouncement, there is still a little glimmer of hope!
|
 to Cable Forum.
Everyone will know tomorrow.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:44
|
#2079
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Newcastle
Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Posts: 1,318
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telford240
It is when you already paying £70 quid mate
|
People in the thread pay a lot more than that but I can see why you would be a little peed at the price but it's not a great deal extra overall and maybe you could get them to give you a deal when the prices are announced?
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:45
|
#2080
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 174
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurdy
I already pay about £90 for the VIP package. To be honest HD quality ain't that fantastic compared to Sky - I think I'll actually drop down a couple of levels.
|
Your right mate, My mates sky hd picture is better than my VM, both have same tv too :-(
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:46
|
#2081
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs
i also take another v+ hd box and xxl boardband kgollop do you know what the total cost would be?
|
According to this XXL broadband is £28 a month: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/webs...ct.do?id=15208 (I think VIP customers can upgrade for £9). I believe standard price for a 2nd V+ is £10 a month.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:49
|
#2082
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Is it only movies and sports that HD is getting charged for?
|
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:50
|
#2083
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 174
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Sky sports sd rocks on my tv
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:50
|
#2084
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Newport
Services: 152meg BB.
XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
Posts: 979
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
So Sky sports and Sky movies are both launching on August 2nd.. COOLIO!!!!
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 20:50
|
#2085
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Yes, Sky's basic HD channels (Sky 1 HD ect) will go into the XL pack
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:50.
|