Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 23-03-2014, 15:42   #2071
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

I read something on a gaming news site yesterday about some people having problems with Twitch. Apparently it's a known issue, but I can't remember which site I read it on.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-03-2014, 17:22   #2072
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I read something on a gaming news site yesterday about some people having problems with Twitch. Apparently it's a known issue, but I can't remember which site I read it on.
I saw exactly the same and can also not remember.

Edit

Here it is... http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/2...b6effc5600003a
Old 23-03-2014, 18:06   #2073
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Has anybody here finished Dead Rising 3, I want to know if you finish the game can you go back at take out the zombies and do all the mop up the side missions.

if not how long should I leave it before I do the main missions.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 20:07   #2074
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

For those in the Preview, here are some threads I've made that you may / may not want to bump with your support:

(50Hz is supposedly being fixed in the April update, but technically the release notes only mention Blu-rays and not DVDs, so I've posted about it anyway, especially as the latest 50Hz option currently does nothing)

Feedback section:

50Hz support needed for PAL DVDs

Feature request section:

50Hz support still needed for PAL DVDs

Controller battery level warning still needed

3D Blu-ray support needed

Dolby & DTS bitstream support is seriously flawed for a media player

Media Remote should be able to access DVD/BD menus

Pre-order and pre-load Digital Downloads
Old 26-03-2014, 05:59   #2075
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Aren't we already able to pre order digital downloads? I did before the console got released
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2014, 06:00   #2076
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

With all the other fixes so far, I don't think it should have been released here in the state it came. I can't consider one till it's usable out of the box (without the need for all these fixes), that as well as having some decent titles for it, that is at least 'next gen' for starters.

Nor do I not want to see screen tearing and bad frame rate drops from something classed as next gen either. Just not good enough (yet).
Old 28-03-2014, 02:37   #2077
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Aren't we already able to pre order digital downloads? I did before the console got released
What did you pre-order and where from?

You may have been able to pre-order a boxed digital download code, but there was not and is not any ability to pre-order games from the Xbox website or the console's own Store.
Old 28-03-2014, 14:00   #2078
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I was able to pre order from the Xbox store the day before the console released, so the games downloaded as soon as I connected to live
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 21:03   #2079
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Must have just been a launch thing, as you can't do anything like that now.
Old 28-03-2014, 21:12   #2080
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
I was able to pre order from the Xbox store the day before the console released, so the games downloaded as soon as I connected to live
I did that as well. I brought the games from Xbox Store day before Xbox One was released and then i started the download on the Xbox when it was set up. You are unable to do that again at present
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 12:01   #2081
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Thief is currently 50% off on the digital store via the console at £24.74, is it a good game and worth it? Tomb Raider is on the cheap too.
Old 29-03-2014, 15:35   #2082
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tomb Raider is definitely worth it. I bought it at full price when it came out and loved it.

Thief... Average reviews, IIRC, & I know a few people over at BXB who just found it boring. May not be too bad at half price though...

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

Question:

Have automatic game/app updates stopped working for anyone else, and if so when did it happen?

System updates still come through automatically for me, but not game/app updates.

I used to boot up and often have notifications about games and apps having been updated, but have not had that in what feels like quite a while now. e.g. I had to manually update Forza 5 and BF4 yesterday because they were not updated automatically.

I'm not sure when it last worked, perhaps before the February system update?
Old 29-03-2014, 15:41   #2083
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I love having the same conversation on multiple forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigimt
I believe it does automatically update but now you don't get a notification. If you go to Games & Apps then you should see a symbol in the top right of games that have updated.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 15:43   #2084
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

LOL

Yeah, I noticed the star in the corner on some stuff last night, *but* some of those games/apps still needed subsequent updates when I ran them.
Old 30-03-2014, 20:32   #2085
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

how do do do a manual update on a game, and how do you check if a game/app needs one?

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote