Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 15-08-2012, 15:52   #2026
lordofangels
Inactive

Services: Broadband 152Mb (M)Phone
lordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

All seems fixed now.

I'm left with my usual packet loss and over utilization
lordofangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2012, 17:40   #2027
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer83 View Post

I don't think you know what your talking about so i'll decline to comment further to save frustration!
A sensible decision.

It is nothing to do with DNS anyway as the TBB monitor pings IPs so no DNS lookup is involved. The fact that somebody posted a TBB chart for what just happened to be a DNS server is irrelevant. The same issue was showing on his CMTS.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2012, 08:30   #2028
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Blairhoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I jump in and say this is the 2nd night this week I've had full drop packets

what does the small red one mean at around 4pm yesterday?
Blairhoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2012, 11:39   #2029
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Possibly a T3 - check your modem/Superhub logs. I see them too but with nothing in the logs at all to explain it. The solid red indicates an outage - that should show in the log.
Old 16-08-2012, 12:41   #2030
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Blairhoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
Possibly a T3 - check your modem/Superhub logs. I see them too but with nothing in the logs at all to explain it. The solid red indicates an outage - that should show in the log.
need to wait until I get home to check it.

what is a T3 again?
Blairhoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2012, 15:16   #2031
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Answered by somebody in the other thread where you asked but it is when the modem loses contact with the CMTS for a short time (no idea how long). If the problem persists it becomes a T4 which I think initiates the connect process again. Most people will see the odd T3 in their logs. T4s are more serious. These both can and usually do happen even with the connection not being used.
Old 18-08-2012, 03:21   #2032
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

Ok here is my Super Hub Event Log

Live Graph
tdadyslexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 10:55   #2033
scaseman
Inactive

scaseman is an unknown quantity at this point

11/08/12
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...1-08-2012.html

Now 18/08/12
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...8-08-2012.html

Anyone know what could be wrong?
scaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 12:50   #2034
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

I don't see anything wrong.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 13:08   #2035
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaseman View Post
I see higher utilisation on your segment. Either down to you or down to others.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 14:24   #2036
scaseman
Inactive

scaseman is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it suddenly started at 10am yesterday and it's not me. My connection is certainly not as good as before. Is it worth contacting VM?
scaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 17:33   #2037
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

@Sephiroth, Did you look at my Event Log ?

Live Graph

From the Live Graph you can see that there is something wrong with the connection or the Super Hub!

With the Event Log I don't know how to tell what is going on, it is gobbledygook to me!

To see a copy of the Event Log just click on Event Log.
tdadyslexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 21:25   #2038
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

Some funky ass routing going on to TBB right now - quick traceroute shows the last hop inside NCUK's network before the pingbox is adding an extra 40ms, at least on the path VM takes through their network.
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 21:58   #2039
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Getting the feeling VM are having routing issues?

Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 22:02   #2040
Jayster
I am the one who knocks

Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Jayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to behold

Indeed seems to happen at least once a week now.
Jayster is offline   Reply With Quote