Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
19-07-2010, 18:27
|
#1996
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 120
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Well, I for one don't see what the fuss is about.
It's £7, the price of a couple of pints.
Pay it or don't, but quit whining.....
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 18:28
|
#1997
|
|
RIp Sweetness
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,393
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
VM look to have shot themselves in the foot, going by the posts on here.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 18:29
|
#1998
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers
When Sky drop the HD charge - The only thing keeping me with Virgin is the fact Sky have call out fees of up to £50 were you get them free on Virgin.
|
£65
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 18:29
|
#1999
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers
When Sky drop the HD charge - The only thing keeping me with Virgin is the fact Sky have call out fees of up to £50 were you get them free on Virgin.
|
Threaten to cancel on Sky mate was never charged once for a call out when I was with them. Sky could drop the Hd charge to a fiver and it would make Virgin look a joke.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 18:30
|
#2000
|
|
RIp Sweetness
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,393
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian1969uk
Well, I for one don't see what the fuss is about.
It's £7, the price of a couple of pints.
Pay it or don't, but quit whining.....
|
The trouble is people feel mislead, a lot of them have signed up to HD, because of the advertising " No additional monthly cost for HD"
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 18:32
|
#2001
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: wolverhampton
Age: 49
Services: Sky hd
Posts: 191
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
i dont mind the £7 charge for all the movies and sports in hd but im not paying per box so it will be downstairs only for me i will watch in sd in the bedroom
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 18:34
|
#2002
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian1969uk
Well, I for one don't see what the fuss is about.
It's £7, the price of a couple of pints.
For 2 HD channels if you only have Sports hardly good value is it. Virgin have dropped a clanger here.
Pay it or don't, but quit whining.....
|
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 18:38
|
#2003
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: At My Desk
Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
Posts: 3,009
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Well a upscaled picture is fine for me I ain't paying £7.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 18:38
|
#2004
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coventry
Services: TiVO, V+, XL TV, L Broadband and Superhub, M Phone
Posts: 160
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers
When Sky drop the HD charge - The only thing keeping me with Virgin is the fact Sky have call out fees of up to £50 were you get them free on Virgin.
|
Surely if Sky dropped the HD charge, then OFCOM would request that they cease to charge Virgin customers extra, as they have asked that the HD charge is fair to all customers?
Personally, I'm disappointed as I'd hoped it would be added free for XL and SS subcribers, but if OFCOM have agreed that £5.89 plus VAT is fair, and Virgin are charging £7, then I don't think that anyone has reason to complain. I'm not going to pay £7 for 2 channels, I can view the content is SD, and the quality is good enough to not be able to justify an extra £7.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 18:40
|
#2005
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Preston
Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
Posts: 1,947
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear
VM look to have shot themselves in the foot, going by the posts on here.
|
Big Time,I know of at least 4 mates that have been in touch with sky today to return and getting the half price 12month sky world deal.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 18:42
|
#2006
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbrown
Surely if Sky dropped the HD charge, then OFCOM would request that they cease to charge Virgin customers extra, as they have asked that the HD charge is fair to all customers?
Personally, I'm disappointed as I'd hoped it would be added free for XL and SS subcribers, but if OFCOM have agreed that £5.89 plus VAT is fair, and Virgin are charging £7, then I don't think that anyone has reason to complain. I'm not going to pay £7 for 2 channels, I can view the content is SD, and the quality is good enough to not be able to justify an extra £7.
|
Maybe after the 12 year consultation period LOL.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 18:47
|
#2007
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Peterborough
Services: ultimate oomph bundle
M500
Posts: 167
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear
I will not pay it , but I only got the V HD box as it stated quiet clearly NO ADDITIONAL MONTHLY CHARGE FOR HD
|
But as I said.....that was the deal at the time. This is NEW. These are additional channels that you buy separately from Virgins current channel line up. NOWHERE does it say that additional, premium HD content would be free.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 18:48
|
#2008
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
Posts: 5,536
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
I must admit this is a deal breaker. I can get a phoneline with BT (£10), £77 gets me all sky sports, movies, and ESPN, and all HD plus up to 20mb.
I have been thinking and was going to stay. Now just dropped a line to BT to see about getting my line reconnected. Sigh..life is change
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 18:50
|
#2009
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
|
But as I said.....that was the deal at the time. This is NEW. These are additional channels that you buy separately from Virgins current channel line up. NOWHERE does it say that additional, premium HD content would be free.
|
NOWHERE does it say additional, premium HD content would be charged.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 18:56
|
#2010
|
|
RIp Sweetness
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,393
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrpb
But as I said.....that was the deal at the time. This is NEW. These are additional channels that you buy separately from Virgins current channel line up. NOWHERE does it say that additional, premium HD content would be free.
|
It does not say either that future charges may apply to premium HD channels and neither does my contract!
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:40.
|