Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Old 23-08-2016, 19:13   #1936
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

I believe our spinning circles are exclusive to Virgin Media. That's something we've got, I suppose.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-08-2016, 19:52   #1937
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I believe that Whishlists (one of Tivo's essential features in my view) is exclusive to Tivo software.
Thanks PB. It's a shame if they have this feature copyrighted as it means that I would probably have to search for things, but it's probably still quicker than trying to use the TiVo overall.

What I don't understand is why they are adding things to a box that cannot cope with what it has already, they could add Sky Atlantic tomorrow, but what would be the point if all customers get to see is a blank screen or a spinning circle

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I believe our spinning circles are exclusive to Virgin Media. That's something we've got, I suppose.
Exactly OB, like myself it seems that, even as a long standing supporter of VM, you too have had enough.

To actually increase the price of this rubbish appears to be akin to some bizarre attempt to finally kill off their TV side of the business.

As noted earlier, however, to get the best deals one usually has to take all services from one provider. This could also lose them BB & phone customers and it will serve them right.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 20:01   #1938
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Perhaps ALL Virgin Media customers should email or write to Virgin and protest at the poor service and price increases? MAYBE then they'll realise the strength of discontent amongst their customers.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 20:05   #1939
matt_home1
Inactive

Services: XL TV L Broadband Phone
matt_home1 is on a distinguished roadmatt_home1 is on a distinguished road

Sky sports mix, is launching on Thursday according to their highlights at the top of TiVo when you press the home button
matt_home1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 20:08   #1940
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Problem is with bundling, you are pretty much tied into one company or another. All companies make their standalone products outside the bundles too expensive and this prevents customers changing suppliers. Not many people can afford tv from one company, take broadband from another and telephone from somewhere else.
That's not always the case if you take advantage of the various offers around now they are all competing and you don't mind switching around. I had a VM bundle (TV, BB and phone) for about 9 years but then got fed up of the price rises and cancelled TV last year.

Moved to Sky for TV and kept BB and phone with VM and got more for less. Since went up after initial 12 month Sky deal ended but then negotiated 50% off for a further 12 months. For my needs, the separates are much cheaper than VM can offer me as a bundle.

Due to get BT fibre in my area in next couple of months so probably gonna dump VM altogether and get fibre from either BT or Sky once available.

Due to the competition, it's currently a great time to get deals if you shop around and you don't always have to bundle services from one provider either.
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 20:16   #1941
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
That's not always the case if you take advantage of the various offers around now they are all competing and you don't mind switching around. I had a VM bundle (TV, BB and phone) for about 9 years but then got fed up of the price rises and cancelled TV last year.

Moved to Sky for TV and kept BB and phone with VM and got more for less. Since went up after initial 12 month Sky deal ended but then negotiated 50% off for a further 12 months. For my needs, the separates are much cheaper than VM can offer me as a bundle.

Due to get BT fibre in my area in next couple of months so probably gonna dump VM altogether and get fibre from either BT or Sky once available.

Due to the competition, it's currently a great time to get deals if you shop around and you don't always have to bundle services from one provider either.
I've been looking around myself.

With VM it works out cheaper to take a landline as well as BB, even if you don't use it (though you could just use it for the free weekend calls).

However, don't you get free broadband with Sky if you take the landline? In which case it makes sense to dump VM altogether.

I won't tolerate their TV service any longer, aren't bothered about a landline, so the only product of interest is BB- but Sky are offering it for free. It may not be as fast, but will be more than adequate for my needs at home.
Old 23-08-2016, 20:36   #1942
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I've been looking around myself.

With VM it works out cheaper to take a landline as well as BB, even if you don't use it (though you could just use it for the free weekend calls).

However, don't you get free broadband with Sky if you take the landline? In which case it makes sense to dump VM altogether.

I won't tolerate their TV service any longer, aren't bothered about a landline, so the only product of interest is BB- but Sky are offering it for free. It may not be as fast, but will be more than adequate for my needs at home.
Don't blame you Richard. VM seem to have lost interest in their TV side these last couple of years and concentrated on broadband.

I'll be interested to see the pricing and bundles when they launch the new V6 TiVo. I also feel they need a killer USP on the V6 as they will have arrived late to the party and need something that BT or Sky don't have to retain/attract customers.
Old 23-08-2016, 20:44   #1943
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Don't blame you Richard. VM seem to have lost interest in their TV side these last couple of years and concentrated on broadband.

I'll be interested to see the pricing and bundles when they launch the new V6 TiVo. I also feel they need a killer USP on the V6 as they will have arrived late to the party and need something that BT or Sky don't have to retain/attract customers.
Do you pay VM for BB as the free Sky BB is too slow for your needs?
Old 23-08-2016, 21:10   #1944
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_home1 View Post
Sky sports mix, is launching on Thursday according to their highlights at the top of TiVo when you press the home button
It's says starting Wednesday not Thursday
Richc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 21:14   #1945
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
VM did lose interest in their TV side and they have acknowledged this. The new box at the end of the year, the new Tivo software, additions like Universal HD, Hayu, Sony channels, UKTV on-demand, All3 Media and other content deals show they're serious about TV.

Bad news: Content and hardware costs are rising due to a weaker £ (not predicted) and footy (a known) so expect to see other providers do similar.
Good news: We have a strong new entrant in broadband in the form of Vodafone with some good deals. Up to 76Mb fibre broadband for just £28pm including line rental is a cracking deal. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/packages
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 21:17   #1946
Superblade7
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Do you pay VM for BB as the free Sky BB is too slow for your needs?
Sent you a PM Richard to avoid going off topic.
Old 23-08-2016, 21:25   #1947
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Sent you a PM Richard to avoid going off topic.
Good idea, cheers
Old 23-08-2016, 21:27   #1948
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
There you go mate............

http://www.foxnews.com/
Aguero9320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 22:34   #1949
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Nah get spinning circle on Netflix sometimes when router goes laa laa lol.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 22:38   #1950
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the rough

The sooner you can ditch the landline without a rise in the other services that will be ideal
Frazz is offline   Reply With Quote