Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of NTL CS has been:
I've never had any trouble from them 153 16.85%
Generally OK, occasional hassle 206 22.69%
Very hit'n' miss, about 50/50 174 19.16%
They normally mess it up 163 17.95%
Completely awful, every day of the week 212 23.35%
Voters: 908. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 15-11-2003, 11:58   #181
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Undisputedtruth can only hope to improve
Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
I'm confused (probably because I'm not a degree student ) If you don't like it - then why keep posting? If it affects you THAT much - why not go do something else.

Anyway - my own experience with ntl customer services is generally bad - most times they say they are going to change my service - then just don't do it.

Still - customer services have always been angelic compared to tech support in my experience ('why not call tech support 1st' - because I'm normally on hold for 45 - 50 mins) - only to be disconnected and have to call again.

I only have ntl broadband now... which I hope to get rid of soon as my local exchange has been upgraded.
I will stop when I think the time is right. The bad service from NTL and the insults from a minority of board members on this site only serves to spur me to post even more messages. Each time they insult me the more I say about NTL and themselves. However, I do expect flak from a minority of people and I shall rise above it accordingly.
Advertisement
Old 15-11-2003, 12:36   #182
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputedtruth
I will stop when I think the time is right. The bad service from NTL and the insults from a minority of board members on this site only serves to spur me to post even more messages. Each time they insult me the more I say about NTL and themselves. However, I do expect flak from a minority of people and I shall rise above it accordingly.
Yes - I can see the way you 'rise above it accordingly' - by the way you have responded to other peoples posts on this thread.

And by the way you started to whinge when it wasn't going your way - and people posted their opinions of you.

What a very smart person you are - not.

But - I do look forward to more or your posts - if nothing else they do make me laugh. At you.
Old 15-11-2003, 13:13   #183
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

Quote:
Yes - I can see the way you 'rise above it accordingly' - by the way you have responded to other peoples posts on this thread.

And by the way you started to whinge when it wasn't going your way - and people posted their opinions of you.

But - I do look forward to more or your posts - if nothing else they do make me laugh. At you.
it is something u find in life, those that reckon they offer constructive criticisms of others, often put people down in a attempt to build themselves up, it is a sad but very psychological phenonemon

anyway to get back on topic.....i think i can only remember one occasion when the person i have spoken to was not as helpful as i would have liked, but i was in a awful mood because i had been up till 3am the night before, cos dad had buggered up the pc and i was fixing it, but it was sorted in the end

as i think i mentioned before, i have found that generally i don't need to contact cs as much as i used to, because if i hve a problem i find i can normally discover the solution or someone who can help on this forum....so a big to the admins/mods/ntl workers here
Old 15-11-2003, 13:18   #184
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I've been suspended far less than what Ming did. In fact, if I had said what Ming mentioned, the mods would be quick to delete it. Unfair moderation I think.
Maybe it's because Ming has posted out of line once but you have consistantly b*tched at, moaned at, whined at, attacked, belittled and insulted people on different forums. We all know NTL is far from perfect but the help given on these forums is given voluntarily. Either accept the help offered or go elsewhere to throw your childish tantrums.
Have a nice day
Old 15-11-2003, 13:36   #185
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Maybe it's because Ming has posted out of line once but you have consistantly b*tched at, moaned at, whined at, attacked, belittled and insulted people on different forums. We all know NTL is far from perfect but the help given on these forums is given voluntarily. Either accept the help offered or go elsewhere to throw your childish tantrums.
Have a nice day
I just wish I could take my gloves off and really go to 'Town' on what I really think. Come on Paul, suggest to the mods to allow me, without further repercussions, full expression on what I really really want to say.

PS As I shown before, I can do better without them cocking things up.

Old 15-11-2003, 13:38   #186
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:

I only whinge because the mods would allow their posts and not mine. Is there anything wrong for suggesting parity?
Old 15-11-2003, 13:40   #187
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

I can only suggest you are allowed the oppurtunity to express your opinions freely as long as you do so in a constructive way. Only the mods and admins can give you that permission though
Old 15-11-2003, 14:08   #188
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I just wish I could take my gloves off and really go to 'Town' on what I really think. Come on Paul, suggest to the mods to allow me, without further repercussions, full expression on what I really really want to say.

PS As I shown before, I can do better without them cocking things up.

what u want permission to **** us off even more.....why?

or is it u want to **** ntl off?

can;t you just drop it

p.s dont copy and paste that post about if i want your adivce.....blah blah blah
Old 15-11-2003, 14:24   #189
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy
what u want permission to **** us off even more.....why?

or is it u want to **** ntl off?

can;t you just drop it

p.s dont copy and paste that post about if i want your adivce.....blah blah blah
Quote:
Thanks for your advice but I'm capable of making my own decisions and what is best for me.
Old 15-11-2003, 14:24   #190
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

This thread just gets better;

Having read large parts of it am I the only one to have concluded that UDT must work for BT - think about it - he is constantly defending a second rate competitor to NTL.

As I have previously pointed out - my experience of BT is engineers that don't seem to realise that for a phone to work you must first re-connect any wires you previously disconnected, and a fault center that says I must wait three days for a repair even though it was their fault.

On the other hand, my experience of NTL is a very helpful TS department that responded to my phone call within 3 minutes, went through a quick process to determine that my Cable Modem had indeed died and arranged for it to be replaced - and an engineer who turned up, as booked, the following morning, replaced the faulty modem and stayed for another 20 minutes to make sure it picked up and functioned correctly.

Of course, I realise this now means I must be a secret NTL employee, so I will sit back and await my second salary.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 15-11-2003, 14:59   #191
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

so UDT is your last post an example of how you 'rise above it accordingly'? Or just you acting like my 3yr old boy?
Old 15-11-2003, 15:24   #192
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy
it is something u find in life, those that reckon they offer constructive criticisms of others, often put people down in a attempt to build themselves up, it is a sad but very psychological phenonemon
Actually, that does not apply to me.

If you were astute, which you are not, you would of realised I'm the type of person who would expect a decent level of service or materialised goods. I do not wish to be dragged down by people used to second best. Second best s not or me. I don't care what other people think of me as they are usually wrong in any case.

So Bexy, another psychological problem are those who drag people down to their level. Usually, these people are of the envious nature, tend to live second rate lives, work in second rate jobs, have second rate looks.....
Old 15-11-2003, 15:32   #193
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pem
This thread just gets better;

Having read large parts of it am I the only one to have concluded that UDT must work for BT - think about it - he is constantly defending a second rate competitor to NTL.

As I have previously pointed out - my experience of BT is engineers that don't seem to realise that for a phone to work you must first re-connect any wires you previously disconnected, and a fault center that says I must wait three days for a repair even though it was their fault.

On the other hand, my experience of NTL is a very helpful TS department that responded to my phone call within 3 minutes, went through a quick process to determine that my Cable Modem had indeed died and arranged for it to be replaced - and an engineer who turned up, as booked, the following morning, replaced the faulty modem and stayed for another 20 minutes to make sure it picked up and functioned correctly.

Of course, I realise this now means I must be a secret NTL employee, so I will sit back and await my second salary.
A few months ago I contacted BT and I told how rubbish NTL were. Even then, they did not **** off NTL. BT employees are far to professional to **** of their competition. So I very much doubt whether anyone from BT will waste their breath to **** off NTL. Besides, NTL does a very good job of advertising how crap they are.

PEM, it is obvious you have problems with your conclusions. It is either that or you completely misguided.
Old 15-11-2003, 15:37   #194
Bex
Inactive

Quote:
Actually, that does not apply to me.

If you were astute, which you are not, you would of realised I'm the type of person who would expect a decent level of service or materialised goods. I do not wish to be dragged down by people used to second best. Second best s not or me. I don't care what other people think of me as they are usually wrong in any case.

So Bexy, another psychological problem are those who drag people down to their level. Usually, these people are of the envious nature, tend to live second rate lives, work in second rate jobs, have second rate looks.....
you get funnier and funnier..........ok not only am i not as good as you at customer serivce, my degree is crap, and now i am not an astute person....anything else you would like to say to me?

you see you told ming of for being rude to you, yet you are just as rude.....

i find you condescending and rude......people have offered you help and yet you are too high and mighty and too full of yourself to accept peoples help.... you are the one whom is losing out and not us

pem you now are in the club :p
Old 15-11-2003, 16:04   #195
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
I think.
Sadly we seem to see very little evidence of this from you at the moment.
Closed Thread