Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2012, 20:56   #1876
city3000
Inactive

city3000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

I hope it's okay to post this here while were on the subject of HD on demand. Does anybody know why none of the shows available on FX on demand are available in HD anymore? Pre Christmas The Walking Dead was in HD, True Blood season 3 was in HD but now every show is only available in SD.
Advertisement
Old 28-02-2012, 21:33   #1877
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekb108 View Post
Whats the point of replacing it with an inferior box doesnt make sense to me
Because in my daily usage of the TiVo I never used it any differently to my V+HD box and therefore the £3 charge for the TiVo was a waste of my hard earned money

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
exactly and hope he dont record much hd
No, I don't
Old 28-02-2012, 22:04   #1878
Andy1
Inactive

Services: TV XL Tivo and V+. BB L
Andy1 will become famous soon enoughAndy1 will become famous soon enoughAndy1 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=geordiechris;35390278]Because in my daily usage of the TiVo I never used it any differently to my V+HD box and therefore the £3 charge for the TiVo was a waste of my hard earned money[COLOR="Silver"]

Never recorded 3 things at once?
Never stored more recordings than would fit on v+?
Never watched a suggestion?
Never watched on demand through the reverse EPG
Never retrospectively recorded the current channel?
Old 28-02-2012, 22:06   #1879
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Andy1;35390297]
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris View Post
Because in my daily usage of the TiVo I never used it any differently to my V+HD box and therefore the £3 charge for the TiVo was a waste of my hard earned money[COLOR="Silver"]

Never recorded 3 things at once?
Never stored more recordings than would fit on v+?
Never watched a suggestion?
Never watched on demand through the reverse EPG
Never retrospectively recorded the current channel?
No, never
Old 28-02-2012, 22:18   #1880
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
well not many other people do, or they are going to take a lot more convincing.
Half a million people did by the end of 2011 and I'd expect it to be a lot more now
Old 28-02-2012, 22:25   #1881
Andy1
Inactive

Services: TV XL Tivo and V+. BB L
Andy1 will become famous soon enoughAndy1 will become famous soon enoughAndy1 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=geordiechris;35390299]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1 View Post

No, never
Then you have never lived!!
Old 28-02-2012, 22:35   #1882
geordiechris
cf.addict

[QUOTE=Andy1;35390318]
Quote:

Well if (or when) my viewing habits change I will look at all options available to me at that time
Old 28-02-2012, 22:38   #1883
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

One of the biggest advantages of TiVo is simply the size of the hard drive in my case 500gb. I do not has to rush to watch recording's to make space available for new ones.

Because the V+ is inferior product to TiVo in my opinion, the only question I can ask is it worth £5 per box extra? If you are on V+ service the only advantage I can see is if you are on the XL TV you don't pay a monthly subscription!

Old 29-02-2012, 08:12   #1884
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

[QUOTE=Andy1;35390318]
Quote:

Or he may just have a life!
Old 29-02-2012, 08:51   #1885
Emel
Inactive

Services: Tivo, Vplus, TVXL, Sky Sports, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Emel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of light

Is Al-Jazeera about to shake up the TV sports market?

http://m.guardian.co...ll&type=article

Sorry if this link does not work, it works in an email. ESPN are expecting Al-Jazeera to bid for premier league football. They have recently beaten Canal Plus to Ligue 1 soccer and Champions League in France.

From May they are also going to start televising all Catalan Dragons home Super League games plus showing English Super League games when the Dragons are away.
Old 29-02-2012, 09:22   #1886
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Your link did not work for me so here is another which should work.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ague-tv-rights

---------- Post added at 09:22 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

In my view its bad news for consumers and good news for the already cash rich premier league as three bidders will push the value of these rights sky wards, result lots of cash for the premier league and consumers having ever higher bills

Think it was rumoured that AL Jazeera were going to make a bid last time round but never did, with the next round of bidding due around april expect more of this talking up of bidders.

Old 29-02-2012, 09:25   #1887
geordiechris
cf.addict

[QUOTE=kop32;35390396]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1 View Post

Or he may just have a life!
Exactly
Old 29-02-2012, 09:41   #1888
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Exactly
I think I've got an old VHS recorder round here somewhere if you want that?
Old 29-02-2012, 09:44   #1889
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I see the "real you" is starting to come out now DF!!
Old 29-02-2012, 10:08   #1890
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Not if it doesn't have reminders on it
Closed Thread