Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 05-07-2008, 15:39   #1876
TraxData

Services: 25/25 Symetrical.
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t View Post
Wanted - 10/10
Hancock - 5/10

Wanted 8/10 Went OTT too many times.

Hancock 7/10 Your the only person i know who thought it was so-so (per your rating)
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2008, 15:41   #1877
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Kidulthood.........................Is it really the way it is today?
Just watching Adulthood now..........................same?
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 15:44   #1878
zing_deleted

It certainly is in certain areas and tbh it has been for a long long time. Every city or town has its own sub culture most "straights" would never know it was going on. For example there is a family in the town where I live where 2 of the older brothers go around local coke dealers armed with a gun and rob them This does not get reported to the police and this then does not get reported to the public. (BTW I do not know these people but I do know it has happened)
Old 06-07-2008, 14:58   #1879
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F View Post
It certainly is in certain areas and tbh it has been for a long long time. Every city or town has its own sub culture most "straights" would never know it was going on. For example there is a family in the town where I live where 2 of the older brothers go around local coke dealers armed with a gun and rob them This does not get reported to the police and this then does not get reported to the public. (BTW I do not know these people but I do know it has happened)
Watched Adulthood last night and i can see why they were made, Both films are really good and they do depict modern life for the teens,
No respect for anyone or anything.
The parents don`t have a clue what their offspring are upto at school or what problems they have because the children don`t tell them,.
It`s a great film in the sense that it tells you that no matter what you believe, going down the drugs and thugs, bullying road does`nt make you better than anyone else and that at heart, we`re all the same vulnerable people with needs.
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 20:57   #1880
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroosterrier View Post
Once Upon A Time In The West. 10/10.
On a par with The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. IMO the character of Harmonica is the best Charles Bronson's ever portrayed. Jason Robards' Cheyenne also ranks as one of my favourites.
Agreed. Plus that fantastic music.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 21:22   #1881
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze

This Is England - 9/10
AntiSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 23:17   #1882
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraxData View Post
Wanted 8/10 Went OTT too many times.

Hancock 7/10 Your the only person i know who thought it was so-so (per your rating)
I would actually give Hancock a 9/10. And I have had the opposite experience to you, most people I know thought it was so-so and I'm the only one I know who really liked it.
That being said it wasn't at all like I expected, I think it was actually better. infact the only reason I'm giving it a 9/10 instead of 10/10 is because I heard the original script was much darker and was redrafted to make it softer to appeal to the masses as the original was supposed to be too depressing (or too real more likeley). I think it would have been all the better for the added dark.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 23:38   #1883
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroosterrier View Post
Once Upon A Time In The West. 10/10.
On a par with The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. IMO the character of Harmonica is the best Charles Bronson's ever portrayed. Jason Robards' Cheyenne also ranks as one of my favourites.
Utter classic movie.

"How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants!"
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 23:52   #1884
TraxData

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZrByte View Post
I would actually give Hancock a 9/10. And I have had the opposite experience to you, most people I know thought it was so-so and I'm the only one I know who really liked it.
That being said it wasn't at all like I expected, I think it was actually better. infact the only reason I'm giving it a 9/10 instead of 10/10 is because I heard the original script was much darker and was redrafted to make it softer to appeal to the masses as the original was supposed to be too depressing (or too real more likeley). I think it would have been all the better for the added dark.
Guess we all have different tastes, i would of given it a 9/10 if i hadnt read parts of the original script

Still, a great movie none the less, i dont know why some people dont like it.

I mean, like "the happening" for example, now that, i can see why people hate...

3/10
Old 07-07-2008, 00:25   #1885
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraxData View Post
I mean, like "the happening" for example, now that, i can see why people hate...

3/10
That's the latest from M. Night Shyamalamalamawhatsit isn't it?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:54   #1886
TraxData

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Yes..and it's full of really bad acting...

A script that seems none existant.

I fell asleep twice!
Old 07-07-2008, 13:19   #1887
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

I thought wanted was a bit poor..... Visually had some good, if not far fethched stunts. Flipping the car over to shoot the guy through the sunroof was ridiculously OTT. I'd score it 5 out of 10 personally.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 13:40   #1888
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
See my post #1870 for the same film.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:25   #1889
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Hancock 8/10 - Pretty enjoyable and Will Smith was good. Interesting twist on the superhero theme.

Kung Fu Panda - 8/10 - Some good laugh out loud moments.
Old 09-07-2008, 19:21   #1890
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

Kung Fu Panda - Very enjoyable 8/10

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote