Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2012, 10:14   #1861
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Any chance of Animal Planet HD coming to VM (since it is a non-Sky channel)
Advertisement
Old 28-02-2012, 10:44   #1862
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Oh great,I've gained Movies on demand in HD but LOST all of the free 3D content with only pay on demand 3D movies available.

Thanks Virgin!
Therewas hardly any 3D free content anyway. Did you really sit there repeaedly watching it?
Old 28-02-2012, 11:01   #1863
Emel
Inactive

Services: Tivo, Vplus, TVXL, Sky Sports, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Emel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
Except that it's already been stated on here that Premier Sport don't want to be a stand-alone channel on VM. They want to be bundled into one of the packages.
I am sure they would would prefer to be in a package Lew, but it could still be that Virgin's handling charge for a stand alone channel make that option unattractive.
Old 28-02-2012, 11:46   #1864
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris View Post
I totally agree! I have (at the moment) the 1GB TiVo box. I am having it removed and replaced with a V+HD box on Wednesday
Whats the point of replacing it with an inferior box doesnt make sense to me
Old 28-02-2012, 12:17   #1865
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Any chance of Animal Planet HD coming to VM (since it is a non-Sky channel)
Probably no if universal hd is anything to go by 18 months probably more and still waiting
Old 28-02-2012, 12:34   #1866
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekb108 View Post
Whats the point of replacing it with an inferior box doesnt make sense to me
exactly and hope he dont record much hd
Old 28-02-2012, 13:59   #1867
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post
So far I have 26HD Sky Movies in OD
Same here too.
Old 28-02-2012, 15:41   #1868
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Oh great,I've gained Movies on demand in HD but LOST all of the free 3D content with only pay on demand 3D movies available.

Thanks Virgin!
It looks as if it is just not listing in the menus - there are still some 3D (non-movie) programmes available in you use search.
Old 28-02-2012, 16:03   #1869
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Same here too.
what movies you got in HD Den mate cant find any here yet
Old 28-02-2012, 16:36   #1870
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldavies83 View Post
If the Samsung V+HD is capable of playing MPEG4, then why don't they swap any SA customers on a case-by-case basis (i.e. swap only those who have the Sports/Movies HD pack).

I can't imagine it's a huge number (in comparison to the total customer base) that have Sports/Movies HD on an SA box.

Appears to be easy to blame a technical non-issue for an obvious business-focused decision.
Sounds like a sensible solution to me. I would guess though the issue may be around how to stop the SA V+ boxes attempting to play the content that would maybe crash the box.
Old 28-02-2012, 17:36   #1871
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldavies83 View Post
If the Samsung V+HD is capable of playing MPEG4, then why don't they swap any SA customers on a case-by-case basis (i.e. swap only those who have the Sports/Movies HD pack).

I can't imagine it's a huge number (in comparison to the total customer base) that have Sports/Movies HD on an SA box.

Appears to be easy to blame a technical non-issue for an obvious business-focused decision.
I have an SA V+ box but it would only get swapped if it has a fault and there is no fault.
Old 28-02-2012, 17:53   #1872
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
I have an SA V+ box but it would only get swapped if it has a fault and there is no fault.
Cable should work on the princleable of a mobile phone contract. when its done they should tie them into another whilst giving them Tivo STB and a deal when they have a Tivo box to keep people into a contract.
Old 28-02-2012, 18:26   #1873
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
Therewas hardly any 3D free content anyway. Did you really sit there repeaedly watching it?

No of course not. We have plenty of 3D content on the media player but it's good to keep checking on the Tivo for new stuff seeing as Virgin have promised it.
Old 28-02-2012, 19:10   #1874
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Let me get this right. Virgin are offering SKY Movies HD on demand with no surround sound... why would you bother?

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

P.S. If i pay the same for my SKY movies HD as a TiVo customer then i want Movies on demand in HD the same as them, if my V+ and V HD boxes are considered to be technically inferior then Virgin as my content provider and renter of my equipment should offer me a free upgrade to equipment that can provide me with this service.

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
Sounds like a sensible solution to me. I would guess though the issue may be around how to stop the SA V+ boxes attempting to play the content that would maybe crash the box.
Absolute rubbish, TiVo boxes don't attempt to decode red button material and crash do they??? It's a blatant attempt to get people off very good quality V+ boxes on to sub standard TiVo boxes.. "we think it's the best way to watch telly, ever" - well not many other people do, or they are going to take a lot more convincing.
Old 28-02-2012, 19:35   #1875
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
Let me get this right. Virgin are offering SKY Movies HD on demand with no surround sound... why would you bother?

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

P.S. If i pay the same for my SKY movies HD as a TiVo customer then i want Movies on demand in HD the same as them, if my V+ and V HD boxes are considered to be technically inferior then Virgin as my content provider and renter of my equipment should offer me a free upgrade to equipment that can provide me with this service.

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

Absolute rubbish, TiVo boxes don't attempt to decode red button material and crash do they??? It's a blatant attempt to get people off very good quality V+ boxes on to sub standard TiVo boxes.. "we think it's the best way to watch telly, ever" - well not many other people do, or they are going to take a lot more convincing.

Its coming in march the red button facility its because Americans dont use this application if you look at american tivo control, yes it does have a coloured buttons. they use the colours to control other tivo boxes within the
home
Closed Thread