Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 29-01-2017, 20:56   #1801
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It was in the news yesterday that cases are being dealt with, on a case by case basis. I am sure if Mo Farah or the Tory MP that is said to run in to problems, or whoever else has a residence in the US will be admitted as the exception, it does say that if people have bothered to read the Executive Order.

I've seen a lot of hypocrisy this weekend and I cannot be bothered to explain it, so I'll just leave these here:-

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/an...e3a4d1e5ded377

AND:-

https://sethfrantzman.com/2017/01/28...wont-tell-you/
I'm sorry but you're going to have to make less sense Mick. Common sense doesn't work against the liberal mindeset
Advertisement
Old 29-01-2017, 20:56   #1802
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
Let him run his country how he wants...the reason we were leaving the EU is because we were being told what to do by someone else. who are we as other countries to decide what he should and shouldn't do...you all wonder why he might push that button because there are some out there that don't agree with him like a lot of things and will carry on till they get there own way.
i don't think it's the libtard way to keep out of other peoples business they have to be outraged on behalf of all those who aren't actually bothered what others are doing in their country .
Old 29-01-2017, 20:57   #1803
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Sounds like another one of those hypocrites who decry those who advocate violence, intimidation, abuse, hate crime etc. but don't seem to mind indulging in some of it when it suits. It's pathetic and it's about time the police started cracking down on it. I look forward to seeing what happens in this case.
Don't hold your breath. I'm not
Old 29-01-2017, 20:59   #1804
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i don't think it's the libtard way to keep out of other peoples business they have to be outraged on behalf of all those who aren't actually bothered what others are doing in their country .
And it's often the alt-right mindset to hate anyone who is different and have an utter disregard for basic human rights. People who can't go home, legal residents, and you cheer that.
Old 29-01-2017, 21:08   #1805
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
And it's often the alt-right mindset to hate anyone who is different and have an utter disregard for basic human rights. People who can't go home, legal residents, and you cheer that.
i'm not cheering anything -what i'm doing is not getting involved in another country's domestic policy ,and even if i did get involved i doubt the USA is remotely interested in my ten pence worth they don't like foreigners interfering in their affairs .
Old 29-01-2017, 21:09   #1806
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
i'm not cheering anything -what i'm doing is not getting involved in another country's domestic policy ,and even if i did get involved i doubt the USA is remotely interested in my ten pence worth they don't like foreigners interfering in their affairs .
Then what's wrong with expressing disgust at things happening elsewhere in the world? If we only concerned ourselves with the immediate environment the world would be a far worse place.
Old 29-01-2017, 21:32   #1807
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold

Why is it that all the moaners are so desperate to live/visit america?.There are plenty other countries to live in/visit in the world.If america does not want you that is their perogative.Go somewhere where you will be welcomed.As bob dylan said,"the times they are a changing,"
Old 29-01-2017, 21:37   #1808
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgyburn View Post
Why is it that all the moaners are so desperate to live/visit america?.There are plenty other countries to live in/visit in the world.If america does not want you that is their perogative.Go somewhere where you will be welcomed.As bob dylan said,"the times they are a changing,"
Some of them already live there and were turned away.
Old 29-01-2017, 21:44   #1809
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Then what's wrong with expressing disgust at things happening elsewhere in the world? If we only concerned ourselves with the immediate environment the world would be a far worse place.
if we concerned ourselves with with our immediate environment ,we would be down a few wars and there would be a lot more people alive in the world ,they might not have a perfect life but they would have life ,it seems to me that all our interventions leave behind is grieving mothers and rubble .
and it all starts with interfering with those in charge it might not be palatable or perfect but its not our place to change the world .

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgyburn View Post
the good people of America have granted the mother in law legal status to live in Florida i will always be in their debt

Last edited by papa smurf; 29-01-2017 at 21:41.
Old 29-01-2017, 21:55   #1810
RizzyKing

As much as i think Trump's approach is not suited to his current position there is a part of me that's glad someone is finally sticking to their political campaign promises and it isn't a shock that it's not a politician. As to the right or wrong of the policy it's none of my business I'm a UK citizen not a US one and I'm not of the mindset that's become prevalent in the west in the last thirty years that says i sit on my high horse casting my disapproval down on other nations that I'm not a citizen of. We in the west have a pretty lousy track record over the last thirty years creating far more problems then we have solved and maybe instead of running around sticking our noses into everything we would be better off concentrating on home and letting other places run their affairs.

Plus I'd be a hypocrite if i started to complain or lecture the US about this given how I didn't appreciate Obama's intervention in our referendum and had the attitude he was wrong to involve himself in that. Buckle up people because in a few years i think people will look back at this as Trump's moderate phase.

Old 29-01-2017, 21:56   #1811
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Don't know why you bother Damien. You'll get nowhere talking about human rights on here; suspect some of the posters are borderline trolling anyway ( at least I hope they are, otherwise it's really worrying).
Old 29-01-2017, 22:07   #1812
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Special Relationship Trumps travel ban as Donald says ALL British citizens welcome to US

ALL British citizens will be allowed into the United States after Donald Trump changed his mind about a ban on travellers from seven Muslim-majority countries.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...ary-travel-ban

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Don't know why you bother Damien. You'll get nowhere talking about human rights on here; suspect some of the posters are borderline trolling anyway ( at least I hope they are, otherwise it's really worrying).
well your the expert who are we to argue.
Old 29-01-2017, 22:09   #1813
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Wrong, as always.

Just like you were wrong when you said this:-

As the following looks like a real tweet by her, waiting on an assassination, is essentially asking for one by tweeting it:-

https://twitter.com/indiaknight/stat...37748013092864
You will eventually have to accept that Trump is just wrong .. on many levels .. too numerous to mention.

You are just being stubborn here. I guess you don't want to lose face, coming up with weak attempts to defend that he is doing. Some day soon, even you may have to accept that the man is a fool. But then again, maybe you wont.

I don't care but someday, you might ..
Old 29-01-2017, 22:14   #1814
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I think that Trump is walking on dangerous ground here. There are certain things he cannot do. And over ride the Courts.

So if someone comes from Syria, BUT has a American passport. What then ? Does that make him a terrorist.

I honestly think that he wont last long. Some of his colleagues hate the sight of him. And don't forget he is trying to run the Presidency like 'his'toy.
Old 29-01-2017, 23:24   #1815
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:

well your the expert who are we to argue.
Mr K, recipient of Hugh's loser award thingy recently, discussing others trolling....

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
You will eventually have to accept that Trump is just wrong .. on many levels .. too numerous to mention.
I have not agreed with every thing he has said or done, a point I have made before in this thread, however, regardless what you or I agree on is irrelevant. He was Elected on a Mandate to strict border control. The people who voted for him obviously wanted this and given the US is not mine nor your country, it's none of our business.
Closed Thread