Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 30-06-2012, 12:15   #1801
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Today

Attachment 23614

2 Days Ago

Attachment 23615
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-06-2012, 15:00   #1802
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Heh, with all these improvements to graphs it makes me wonder if they have just prioritized traffic from the TBB box. It would be nice to know what VM have actually done that has improved the network for so many people.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 15:18   #1803
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

I am curious as people first said it was R36 but now I am seeing all these graphs. My own graph looks dodgy still.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 15:29   #1804
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I am curious as people first said it was R36 but now I am seeing all these graphs. My own graph looks dodgy still.
I don't think it was R36 that caused the improvement. After we got on the trial our graph was still pretty dire. It was a few days later that the improvement happened. I took my complaint to the CEO's office two months ago and was told that things would be better by this time. Seems the guy I dealt with was telling the truth
Old 30-06-2012, 15:36   #1805
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
both. the over buffers went with R36 then some form of capacity was added or did VM up their network with regards to efficiency?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 17:53   #1806
buckleb
Inactive

Services: Vivid 200 Tivo 500GB
buckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of light

My own graph was ok, but not that great, but a few days after getting R36 I've seen quite a big improvement. I can't see it being the firmware, so I'm guessing some work has, coincidently, been going on with the VM network.

buckleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 18:07   #1807
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

R36 changed buffers and they have also made some routing changes qas mentioned through manchester
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 18:47   #1808
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
R36 changed buffers and they have also made some routing changes qas mentioned through manchester
manchester wouldnt have been affecting jitter, thats all local UBR and modem stuff.

To me it looked like R36 changed buffers, but then I seen some R36 users who had no change on their graphs and also non R36 users who have the change which is making me think it may be coincidence and perhaps even R36 beta testers were put on priority traffic.

To me what might be logical is settings were changed on the UBR, these settings not take affect until a user recconects, then users got given R36 which forced a recconect and then seeing the change on their graphs.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 23:26   #1809
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

I've seen a few graphs on R36 which appear to have buffers hard limited to ~100ms, a big improvement from the 400-3000ms on previous firmwares.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 23:33   #1810
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

R36 from the graphs did have an immediate impact on jitter, since then there does seem to have also been another cause for yet more jitter reduction.. Either way it's a plus for us
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 14:44   #1811
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

I'm not complaining, there's been a marked improvement lately. As qas said earlier, they appear to have re-routed traffic via Manchester which could be a reason for the improved TBB results.
Old 01-07-2012, 14:57   #1812
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer View Post
I'm not complaining, there's been a marked improvement lately. As qas said earlier, they appear to have re-routed traffic via Manchester which could be a reason for the improved TBB results.
Isn't an excuse for mine, i go through birmingham.
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 16:07   #1813
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer View Post
As qas said earlier, they appear to have re-routed traffic via Manchester which could be a reason for the improved TBB results.
That's not what I said
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 20:36   #1814
Meekel
Inactive

Meekel is an unknown quantity at this point

Packet loss and downtime for a month and a half now.. Been pretty bad today

Meekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 21:24   #1815
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

NG18, Quite stable & no issues!

alferret is offline   Reply With Quote