Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 3.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 3.
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 22:00   #166
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Spot on but it's not just that. All that ESPN provided is going, if Virgin do manage to get a deal with BT Sports we will have to pay for what ESPN previously provided. ESPN price is already subsumed into the XL price so we are out of pocket even without factoring BT's arrival/non arrival.
Sorry, can't agree with you on that one. Sports fans have done well out of the XL pack with free ESPN. That money can now be used for more channels, especially HD and maybe Atlantic. It's the non sports fans turn now
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2013, 22:36   #167
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
My mate had nothing to lose by asking, but l have a strange feeling, that by KO in August, l will be with someone else. As VM must know what is happening and are teasing their customers.

As l have said before, VM should keep their customers better informed. And thats what they are RUBBISH at. PR is extremely poor. Quick enough if you havent paid your bill - like my son, two days over due date and they called him.
Why don't you just move Arthur, I mean I've said I'l go to Sky about 10 times so you must have said it about a hundred.

Old 04-07-2013, 22:48   #168
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Not fussed about getting BT sports, although I will miss being able to watch the Italian games. Personally, I'd rather Virgin invested the money elsewhere.
Old 04-07-2013, 23:09   #169
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
and that BT Sports, will NOT be on VM, unless a price is agreed

This.....
Old 04-07-2013, 23:37   #170
bamav
cf.addict

Services: VM L TV powered by TiVo, 30MB BB, Sky Sports, Phone L, Freeview.
bamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
It would be really good if Patrick Moore was all alive and they showed the Gamesmaster
Wow! I forgot he did that! He was awesome.

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Not worth leaving it to chance on maybe's, possibles or could be's. Might as well switch provider and relax knowing you will have the games, rather than stressing and maybe not even getting it in the end.
Good point - if it matters that much to you, it makes sense.

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:28 ----------

I'm willing to bet my house that Sky Atlantic will be on VM within a few months, possibly showing mainly reruns in future. This news may change things slightly:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...nal-shows.html
Old 04-07-2013, 23:48   #171
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamav View Post
I'm willing to bet my house that Sky Atlantic will be on VM within a few months, possibly showing mainly reruns in future. This news may change things slightly:
I figured that they would move all the good stuff to a new channel (Sky Atlantic 2?) based on Chads post, so that they could give VM (and possibly BT?) Atlantic but still keep their USP. So maybe new Game of Thrones show on Atlantic 2 first and Atlantic six months later for example. Add in some cheaper original programming too, as per your link.
Old 04-07-2013, 23:51   #172
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamav View Post

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...nal-shows.html
It's sad news. For me personally SKY's original programming over the years has been fairly poor. Every now and again they do make something that appeals to me, but in general their efforts tend to fall short. I tend to find that home grown free to air programming on the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 runs rings around most things SKY produce. It leaves me scratching my head as the revenue SKY generates should allow them to blow terrestrial TV out of the water.
Old 04-07-2013, 23:53   #173
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
I figured that they would move all the good stuff to a new channel (Sky Atlantic 2?) based on Chads post, so that they could give VM (and possibly BT?) Atlantic but still keep their USP. So maybe new Game of Thrones show on Atlantic 2 first and Atlantic six months later for example. Add in some cheaper original programming too, as per your link.
It's more likely they would launch a Sky Atlantic +2years channel and sell that to Virgin.

IMHO

:-) I am joking, btw.
Old 04-07-2013, 23:59   #174
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
It's sad news. For me personally SKY's original programming over the years has been fairly poor. Every now and again they do make something that appeals to me, but in general their efforts tend to fall short. I tend to find that home grown free to air programming on the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 runs rings around most things SKY produce. It leaves me scratching my head as the revenue SKY generates should allow them to blow terrestrial TV out of the water.
May Sky need to use the money on over pays sports rights (RE the EPL).
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 05-07-2013, 00:02   #175
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I wonder if SKY will use SKY One to house their home grown entertainment with some imported shows moving elsewhere?

---------- Post added at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Sadly that's probably true.
Old 05-07-2013, 00:49   #176
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I wonder if SKY will use SKY One to house their home grown entertainment with some imported shows moving elsewhere?
Most likely, I'd say Living has more US stuff than 1 at the minute.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:17   #177
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I don't understand why UKTV have made a big thing about Drama only being on Freeview. As pointed out elsewhere, they don't need to ask Sky for permission to broadcast on satellite. The only problem would be getting a SD EPG slot, but closing Blighty resolves that.

Perhaps, like some other freeview channels, it will be subscription on satellite and they mean that they have had to negotiate with Sky about that.
They said they have obtained a licence for Sky, strange terminology but, from that, it appears more likely they will be a subscription channel on Sky. If it was FTA they would have probably mentioned negotiations for carriage on Freesat.

Quote:
It's possible that they will wait until the existing carriage agreement expires, but I'd have thought that they would either remove another channel eg as Channel 4 did by removing More4+1 when Channel 4+1 started, or do a straight swap like when heat replaced Q.
Heat replacing Q was basically just the channel being renamed and re-branded. UKTV has gone to great lengths to not make this look like a re-brand. They are closing one channel, then starting another. However, if all it takes to get carriage on VM is removing a channel, Blighty is going. It doesn't look like they are making it that easy.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:26   #178
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So much negative speculation on here, isn't there? I don't understand why people can't just wait and see what comes out of the negotiations. I doubt we will hear anything for at least three weeks. But that doesn't mean it will be bad news. VM are just holding out for the best deal, which is in everyone's interests.
Spot on OB.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:34   #179
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Or maybe Rupert's a bit short with a another divorce settlement comimg up

Cheers

Grim
Old 05-07-2013, 10:00   #180
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Heat replacing Q was basically just the channel being renamed and re-branded. UKTV has gone to great lengths to not make this look like a re-brand. They are closing one channel, then starting another. However, if all it takes to get carriage on VM is removing a channel, Blighty is going. It doesn't look like they are making it that easy.
It just an rebrand in my eyes.

Maybe it all down to channel numbers -

Virgin Media may want to put Drama on Channel 206 but UKTV may want an lower channel number.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Closed Thread