Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Old 10-08-2016, 13:40   #1696
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Once Game of Thrones is no more, I'd say the odds are evens.

The whole point of keeping Sky Atlantic exclusive is because of Game of Thrones.

Actually, I'd go even further than that... Sky rejig their channels every 4-5 years and once the HBO/Sky deal is up, I'd be surprised if it were renewed on the same terms. So, there might not even be a Sky Atlantic in 2-3 years time.
There is already talk of a spin off to Game of Thrones plus I'm sure HBO will be going all out to find new content to match.
Richc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2016, 13:42   #1697
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Once Game of Thrones is no more, I'd say the odds are evens.

The whole point of keeping Sky Atlantic exclusive is because of Game of Thrones.

Actually, I'd go even further than that... Sky rejig their channels every 4-5 years and once the HBO/Sky deal is up, I'd be surprised if it were renewed on the same terms. So, there might not even be a Sky Atlantic in 2-3 years time.
Actually, when you first get Now TV and you see all the box sets on there that have been on Sky Atlantic, it is a revelation. It's not just about Game of Thrones at all, albeit that is the 'market leader'.

I am still wading through those box sets now, and having subscribed to Now TV only last summer, I remain impressed by all this content that we have missed by not having this channel.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 14:18   #1698
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol

Ratings suggest its all about game of thrones sir

It is one of the most cliche and ridiculous shows ever of some fantasy land with dragons and strange little wars. So dungeons and dragons. But throw in some tits and sex scenes to make it seem cool

Fair play it has worked based on ratings but it's a very weird and utterly laughable geeky show

Sky use it as their crown jewel in sky Atlantic. Once it's done and over Virgin media will get the channel

100%
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 14:21   #1699
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

There's more to Atlantic than just G.O.T., Vince old boy!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 14:24   #1700
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

100 code was excellent...looking forward to Season 2
Fortitude I also found pretty decent
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 14:25   #1701
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
There's more to Atlantic than just G.O.T., Vince old boy!
For once MM l totally agree with you.
Old 10-08-2016, 14:45   #1702
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Boardwalk Empire was a cracking series i thought.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 14:47   #1703
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
For once MM l totally agree with you.
Sorry lads I disagree with you. Based on no knowledge or facts but based on me having drank wine. Lovely wine

god bless us all

I like John Oliver I have no idea what else Atlantic shows

Last edited by vincerooney; 10-08-2016 at 14:47. Reason: .
Old 10-08-2016, 15:36   #1704
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
100 code was excellent...looking forward to Season 2
Fortitude I also found pretty decent
Ray Donovan is another cracking show on Sky Atlantic.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 15:54   #1705
undertakereddie
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB Including 2 Mini-boxes SKY as Pay As You Talk Sky Unlimited Broadband Fibre Max
undertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant future

I like Banshee thats a good show to watch that airs on sky atlantic.
undertakereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 17:07   #1706
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Indeed its very good in my opinion.
Old 10-08-2016, 17:08   #1707
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Media Boy Sources say Virgin Media UK are now testing Sky Sports Mix, Sky Sports Mix HD, Spike TV, POP, Movie Mix and Movies 4 Men.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 17:11   #1708
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boy Sources say Virgin Media UK are now testing Sky Sports Mix, Sky Sports Mix HD, Spike TV, POP, Movie Mix and Movies 4 Men.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 17:14   #1709
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Andrew's crystal ball obviously has some truth in it then.
Old 10-08-2016, 17:49   #1710
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Fox News?! Don't break my heart sir. I'm out of wine