Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
14-07-2010, 21:43
|
#1606
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Let's just wait for the announcement
I think many will be in for a surprise if what I've been told comes to light.
|
|
|
|
14-07-2010, 21:46
|
#1607
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle
Let's just wait for the announcement
I think many will be in for a surprise if what I've been told comes to light.
|
It's not going to be £12.00 is it?
|
|
|
14-07-2010, 21:47
|
#1608
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardie
Do you mean the Sky basic channels or are you suggesting VM might introduce a charge for all the basic channels? I hope it is the former not the latter.
|
I mean any discussion of an extra cost relates to the Sky Premiums only. I'm sure it related to the Sky basics HD as well we would have 'found out' by now
|
|
|
14-07-2010, 21:47
|
#1609
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Services: 360 box
Posts: 5,875
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle
Let's just wait for the announcement
I think many will be in for a surprise if what I've been told comes to light.
|
hope it a good surprise and not a bad surprise
|
|
|
14-07-2010, 21:49
|
#1610
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 67
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
I done a lot of ranting on here last night however I've had a good sleep and time to think
I suppose you can't argue about £7.00 if you are on the M+ or L package after the recent price changes.
SKY Sports + Sky Movies
M+ old price was £33.50, new price as of 1st July £27.50 (Saving £6.00) Now add HD at £7.00 = £34.50 (£1.00 more than you used to pay)
L old price £33.50, new price as of 1st July £27.50 (Saving £6.00) Now add HD at £7.00 = £34.50 (£1.00 more than you used to pay)
XL old price £27.50, new price as of 1st July £27.50 (Saving **** all) Now add HD at £7.00 = £34.50 (£7.00 more than you used to pay)
If the £7.00 accross the board is true, nothing confirmed as of yet, XL customers will be taking the biggest shafting. M+ and L customers used to pay £6.00 more to receive their sports and movies than XL customers.
This to me would suggest XL / VIP customers will receive HD for free. I can't see anyway Virgin could explain this as a fair deal to their highest paying clients in terms of TV 
|
I agree. VM's aim has always been to attract M and L customers to upgrade to XL surely. Devaluing your top tier package (along with VIP) is just plain daft.
Let's wait for the official announcement.
|
|
|
14-07-2010, 22:27
|
#1611
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Keighley (west yorkshire)
Age: 36
Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
Posts: 802
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Absolute Radio is planning to launch a new Red Button-style digital radio service offering live music and football coverage.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcas...n-service.html
|
|
|
14-07-2010, 22:43
|
#1612
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brighton
Age: 62
Services: VIP
Posts: 3,705
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
I for one will not be subscribing, that would push my bill to £100pm. Personally I was waiting to see if movies and sport would be inclusive on the VIP package, as it looks like its not going to be I'll go back to triple XL. VIP looks even more less value for money nowadays, what used to be a great package now looks very ordinary indeed, especially in this last year when VM rearranged their other packages and lowered their prices, in the meantime VIP has stayed exactly the same and the price continues to rise.
Sadly its time to bail.
|
|
|
14-07-2010, 23:12
|
#1613
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bournemouth (where the sun never stops shining - lol)
Services: VM. VIP pack 152meg BB, TiVo & V+HD box on XL tv pack with Sky Sports BT Sports & Movies HD. XL Phon
Posts: 221
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous
Wow come on this morning to find 20 odd new pages and thought something must have happened and was disappointed to find it is just people moaning about rumours and speculation.
Can't we move this to another thread?
|
Hey Zantarous, looks like your request has fallen on deaf ears. I too came on here today noticeing that there were LOTS more pages to read only to find.... well, nuff said.
People, another thread if you please
this one looks good! http://http://www.cableforum.co.uk/b...hd-virgin.html
|
|
|
15-07-2010, 05:49
|
#1614
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 259
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Agreed, I don't have HD and don't have Sky Sports and couldn't give a flying fig about how much they cost. I do however care about what is coming soon.
Please could you hit the "New Thread" button and discuss this elsewhere.
So, we have 5HD and the +1 channels, possibly Russia Today coming.
I would suspect that any other channels will happen as more analogue is turned off.
|
|
|
15-07-2010, 08:27
|
#1615
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 391
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
there are several other sky channels coming which mediaboy posted a few pages back.
|
|
|
15-07-2010, 08:55
|
#1616
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 175
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
The reaalities of life are that most people will e looking to cut back on what, lets face it, isnt an essential. Its certainly the case in this household. Charge more and more will downgrade.
|
|
|
15-07-2010, 09:46
|
#1617
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by raefil
The reaalities of life are that most people will e looking to cut back on what, lets face it, isnt an essential. Its certainly the case in this household. Charge more and more will downgrade.
|
I agree XL plus movies and sport with HD could be 57.50 a month if the 7.00 fee is true and this doesn't include multiroom , broadband and phone. I'm not just having a go at Virgin coz sky are the same. These companies are going to price the average customer out the market soon.
|
|
|
15-07-2010, 10:08
|
#1618
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bournemouth
Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD
Samsung Galaxy s3
Posts: 629
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
I think this has been said before but ive just come back from hols from 2 weeks and ive got "test channels" on the tv guide 12 of them from 34 to 45 in 800's..Why.
Also 5HD Good..
|
|
|
15-07-2010, 10:16
|
#1619
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: newquay cornwall
Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x
LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Posts: 329
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy
I think this has been said before but ive just come back from hols from 2 weeks and ive got "test channels" on the tv guide 12 of them from 34 to 45 in 800's..Why.
Also 5HD Good.. 
|
i believe they are test channels for the upcoming HD channels...... over to you media boy , DF?
|
|
|
15-07-2010, 10:30
|
#1620
|
|
Got inside news - PM me
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Media Boy UK HQ
Posts: 15,148
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl
there are several other sky channels coming which mediaboy posted a few pages back.
|
Here is the latest channels that I know is maybe coming over the next few months:
Russia Today (August)
Discovery Science + 1 (Summer)
Comedy Central Extra + 1 (Summer)
Channels testing on Virign Media right now:
Sky Action HD
Sky Comedy HD
Sky Drama & Romance HD
Sky Family HD
Sky Indie HD
Sky Modern Greats HD
Sky Premier HD
Sky SciFi & Horror HD
Sky Showcase HD
Sky Sports HD1
Sky Sports HD2
Sky Thriller HD
Full list update on Monday.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:57.
|