Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2014/15

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Season 2014/15

Old 01-09-2014, 19:40   #1591
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Football Season 2014/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pharmacist View Post
It's nice, for once, to watch it all unravel knowing your own business, inwards anyway, is already done.
Chelsea easily did the best this summer. Arsenal simply replaced what left, minus a defender, and got Sanchez who is great but not what we needed. United got some star players but in positions I would argue they didn't really need with the exception of the left backs. Chelsea did so well with Costa and Fabregas.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2014, 20:02   #1592
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Chelsea easily did the best this summer. Arsenal simply replaced what left, minus a defender, and got Sanchez who is great but not what we needed. United got some star players but in positions I would argue they didn't really need with the exception of the left backs. Chelsea did so well with Costa and Fabregas.
For once we have done well. Worked out what we needed early, and got it all done with no fuss. Even The Remy deal was quick. I think the balance is very good now compared to the last few years. You seem to be in the same situation again, where you know what type of players you need, but they don't seem to be coming, yet anyway. Same with United. It's lovely to have all these attacking options, but as we found out ourselves, there's more to a team, as I'm sure you all know.
Mr Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 20:04   #1593
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Ajax confirm Daley Blind move.

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Quote:
For once we have done well. Worked out what we needed early, and got it all done with no fuss. Even The Remy deal was quick. I think the balance is very good now compared to the last few years. You seem to be in the same situation again, where you know what type of players you need, but they don't seem to be coming, yet anyway. Same with United. It's lovely to have all these attacking options, but as we found out ourselves, there's more to a team, as I'm sure you all know.
Yes l remember us doing last day deals and as we all know we broke the bank to get the over-rated Andy Carroll and what a flop he was.
Old 01-09-2014, 20:16   #1594
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

Yes l remember us doing last day deals and as we all know we broke the bank to get the over-rated Andy Carroll and what a flop he was.
I try not to remember that day Den. We blew around £75 million on a forward who stopped scoring and a defender who forgot how to defend most of the time.
Mr Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 20:22   #1595
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I try not to remember that day Den. We blew around £75 million on a forward who stopped scoring and a defender who forgot how to defend most of the time.
Overall l am pretty happy with our transfer business as well apart from replacing one certain player with another.
Old 01-09-2014, 20:43   #1596
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star

Insane offer for an injured player

Here

Quote:
Ronald Koeman is in the market for a winger and Saints have been linked with Townsend for several weeks. If they can get $26 million plus an England international winger for a player who is currently injured and has had one breakout season in the PL, maybe that is good business for Saints.
Old 01-09-2014, 21:24   #1597
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You were saying my old friend.

Quote:
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david

#AFC have agreement with #MUFC for permanent Welbeck signing. Fee in region of £16m, no issues expected with medical & terms #bbcdeadlineday

9:21 PM - 1 Sep 2014

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/s...37358385504256
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 21:41   #1598
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Happy with that.
Old 01-09-2014, 21:44   #1599
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

£16 million for Welbeck I'm sure United will be happy with that
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 21:57   #1600
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I think everyone will be happy with this deal. Arsenal get a striker who has played in the PL. United get £16 million, Welbeck gets more football, England get Welbeck to get more football.
Old 01-09-2014, 22:01   #1601
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

whatever. better than nothing I guess. I'm not sure if i should hold hope that they will get a DM/CB in the final hours. totally pathetic!
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 23:27   #1602
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
whatever. better than nothing I guess. I'm not sure if i should hold hope that they will get a DM/CB in the final hours. totally pathetic!
Yes we really need a CB but I am happy with Welbeck. I think he is exactly what we need short of a world class striker.

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Pleased that it's a permanent deal as well. I hate loan deals unless you really don't wish to retain that player or you have a ironclad option to buy clause. Good for temporary cover, not so good for players you actually need longer term.
Old 01-09-2014, 23:34   #1603
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

very disappointing window for us no idea where goals will come from
Dave42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:00   #1604
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

Arsole Winger is a liar
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:31   #1605
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Couple of good signings for us, Alderweireld & Mané

Linky 1

Linky 2
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote