Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Belkin Pre-N encryption and ntl connection problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Belkin Pre-N encryption and ntl connection problem

Old 12-06-2006, 23:25   #1
deehand
Inactive

deehand is an unknown quantity at this point
Belkin Pre-N encryption and ntl connection problem

A week ago I received a wireless Belkin Pre-N router (F5D8230uk4 version2000) and Belkin Pre-N Notebook network card (F5D8010uk version1001). One of the mysteries Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢m trying to solve is, why can I connect to the internet (ntl 10Mb) when the security mode is WPA-PSK (TKIP) but not when it is WPA-PSK (AES). I would prefer to use EAS encryption as network speeds are much enhanced when such is used. With either encryption method I can get through to 192.168.2.1 (Router setup page) and even through to 192.168.100.1 (Surfboard 4100 modem page).

Has anyone succeeded in getting internet access using WPA/AES (through WZC)

I have other problems with this Belkin router and notebook card combination; most importantly the lack of speed.
deehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement