Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV (2024)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV (2024)

Old 27-05-2024, 00:50   #406
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin TV (2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
so with sky sports+ i assume we'll be getting what the older sky box has and only have about 100 streams?
Here what Sky + HD viewers will be getting.

Good news:
"Sky + HD customers will have limited access to the sky sports +. Sky + HD customers will have the linear channel only but not a 100 extra steams.

Bad News:
The extra stream of Sky Sports+ will only be available on Sky Q, Sky Glass and Sky Stream customers.

For full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/280282...box-tv-summer/

---------- Post added at 00:50 ---------- Previous post was at 00:42 ----------

Base on that The Sun story it look that way:

Quote:
"Virgin Media TV customers who subscribe to Sky Sports will have access to Sky Sports+ when it launches in August.

It will be found on both the Virgin Media 360 box and Virgin Media Stream.

However, Virgin Media’s platforms will only offer live content, which means some of the on-demand Sports+ content may not be accessible, according to CordBusters.

Virgin Media says it will let customers know close to the launch date whether the app will be available on the company's older telly boxes."
But a Source did say to me early this month:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...&postcount=360
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 27-05-2024 at 00:59.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-05-2024, 01:48   #407
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

interesting MB. But if we cannot access the streams via tivo v6 we should be able to via the sky sports app?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2024, 08:22   #408
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

From 7pm on 5 June channel 100, the Showcase channel, will be showing programmes from from Sky Nature & the Virgin UHD channel.

This is to celebrate World Environment Day and allows those who don't receive the above two channels in their package a chance to see some programmes ordinarily unavailable to them.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2024, 09:32   #409
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Clear as mud. The Irish version states
Whereas https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-...4/td-p/4628421 states
Ditto for other Sky Sports channels. Self-contradictory, so no clarity at all.

Hmm! you could have just confirmed what will be happening on Virgin.
Different countries, different arrangements. Just focus on that for the UK.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2024, 11:14   #410
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Different countries, different arrangements. Just focus on that for the UK.
Not the point. Both countries are served from the same satellite, more often than not with the same services although Ireland sometimes has its own feeds with different adverts. The point is that Sky has issued conflicting information about its services in Ireland. Its May update wasn't only self-contradictory for services in Ireland, it also lists ongoing changes for Sky Cinema channels (UK & Ireland) which have already closed. It's a bit of a dog's breakfast to be honest. Not long until Wednesday and everyone gets to see what is actually going to happen.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2024, 12:41   #411
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Hmm! you could have just confirmed what will be happening on Virgin.
I’m intrigued by this because I’m still at the clear as mud stage…
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2024, 12:52   #412
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I wasn't saying it had been cleared up, just that SP is quite likely to know what is happening at VM and could have cleared up some of the confusion.
Old 27-05-2024, 13:00   #413
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
I wasn't saying it had been cleared up, just that SP is quite likely to know what is happening at VM and could have cleared up some of the confusion.
Ah, I misread that as 'reading between the lines in the confusion there might be an answer.' because of the angel emoji
Old 27-05-2024, 13:15   #414
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I think it is safe to say that - unless you have an old Sky SD only set-top-box then you'll not actually seen any change.

Quote:
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2024, 13:16   #415
epsilon
cf.geek

Reading between the lines...
Sky is progressively moving SD channels over to DVB-S2. As Sky Sports is only sold as the HD package to its UK customers, there is no point in making DVB-S2 SD services available to UK customers who already have the HD channels.
Sky customers in Ireland can still purchase either the SD or the HD version of Sky Sports. Sky's confusing updates seem to indicate that DVB-S2 SD Sports channels will be made available to Sky Sports SD customers in Ireland.
As with the situation in Ireland, Sky Sports is still available as an SD package with Virgin TV so.... (make your own predictions.)
Sky Sports SD and MUTV are still being marketed to new and existing customers on Virgin's website.

Last edited by epsilon; 27-05-2024 at 13:30.
Old 27-05-2024, 15:02   #416
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I did clear it up. I posted a link to Sky's own website. If you'd rather believe other sources, that's up to you.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2024, 16:29   #417
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
I did clear it up. I posted a link to Sky's own website. If you'd rather believe other sources, that's up to you.
I think he was on about the wording of last Friday's post on this week channel changes on the Sky Forum web site.

Quote:
Wednesday 29th
Sky Sports Main Event SD (Satellite 401/859) closes permanently in the UK only

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-...4/td-p/4628421
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2024, 21:06   #418
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Assuming Sky Sports SD continues on Virgin it’ll be interesting to know if they’re simply downscaling HD or taking the Irish SD feeds and inserting their own ads.
Old 27-05-2024, 23:40   #419
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
So far the "sources" have been Sky, which in your link indicates that Sky Sports SD customers in Ireland will lose access to Sky Sports SD during May but in their, more recent, update to their community forum, they state that Sports SD services will close permanently in the UK only with "no changes to ROI". The May update also posted changes for Sky Cinema SD channels which have already closed on Sky. I'm not sure how that is clearing it up. The only other "source" is Virgin's website but you state "If you'd rather believe other sources, that's up to you". I'm not sure what to make of that suggestion!

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
I think he was on about the wording of last Friday's post on this week channel changes on the Sky Forum web site.

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-...4/td-p/4628421
Quite! which should have been obvious from the links I had already posted.

---------- Post added at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

Quote:
Assuming Sky Sports SD continues on Virgin it’ll be interesting to know if they’re simply downscaling HD or taking the Irish SD feeds and inserting their own ads.
Or a fibre feed direct from Sky's playout.
Old 28-05-2024, 17:26   #420
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

VM are trying to persuade me to 'upgrade' from my V6 to 360.

What's the latest thinking on the pros and cons? Is it really an upgrade or is it actually a downgrade?
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote