Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 1
View Poll Results: If the election were held today, who would you vote for?
Labour 25 54.35%
Conservative 4 8.70%
Liberal Democrat 3 6.52%
Plaid Cymru OR SNP 1 2.17%
Reform UK 3 6.52%
Green 0 0%
NI - Unionist 1 2.17%
NI - Nationalist/Republican 0 0%
Other vote 2 4.35%
Will not vote 7 15.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 25-05-2024, 22:56   #121
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 1

It is basically to get the over-65 on board over from Reform. I can see him trying to ban work from home as well since retired people seem to really hate we can do that now.
Advertisement
Old 25-05-2024, 23:15   #122
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It is basically to get the over-65 on board over from Reform. I can see him trying to ban work from home as well since retired people seem to really hate we can do that now.
They were polling badly with younger voters already, I wonder whether they might lose more votes than they gain with this idea. It really just smells desperate and ill considered. Like everything else about the last 3 days. Heck has it only been 3 days?

It is a well known fact that the British armed forces actually quite like being a professional force unencumbered by youths who don’t want to be there and have little interest in embracing the army life. It is a less well known fact that years of cuts and cack-handed procurement have withered our armed forces alarmingly. We certainly need more boots on the ground but this isn’t the way to go about it.

Last edited by Chris; 25-05-2024 at 23:21.
Old 26-05-2024, 03:01   #123
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered stars

Well its not going to win them the election, and may even do them even more harm.

Either way there is no danger of them actually being able to do this.
Labour introduced it last time it happened, but I cant see them backing this.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 26-05-2024, 05:51   #124
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Its a policy straight from the BNP playbook as this is the party that proudly boast about being the party of defence and yet they have cut defence spending to the bone since being in power.
Old 26-05-2024, 06:49   #125
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I wonder if a bookmaker will give odds on an aircraft carrier being sent to the Falklands during the campaign.
Old 26-05-2024, 07:05   #126
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I wonder if a bookmaker will give odds on an aircraft carrier being sent to the Falklands during the campaign.
Do we still have one?

A Faroe Islands conflict, might be a better one. Those Danes have got it coming...

---------- Post added at 07:05 ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 ----------

Quote:
It is bizarre how much the young are hated, given that they are now few in number, with a ageing, decaying population, that desperately need them.
Old 26-05-2024, 07:16   #127
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
l will given you evens Sir.
Old 26-05-2024, 09:22   #128
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
They were polling badly with younger voters already, I wonder whether they might lose more votes than they gain with this idea. It really just smells desperate and ill considered. Like everything else about the last 3 days. Heck has it only been 3 days? .
I do wonder if this is one of the things we've misread the public mood for though. Lots of people I can this is playing well for.
Old 26-05-2024, 10:22   #129
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

As someone said on Twitter on the 24th (before Sunak came out with his latest gem).

Quote:
@StuartLaidler

Truly astonishing to me how many people who have never done National Service, and who are old enough that they never will, seem to think that bringing back National Service will solve all UK problems

19:45 24/05/2024
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 26-05-2024, 10:44   #130
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

What does 'Mandatory Volunteering' mean??
Old 26-05-2024, 11:13   #131
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I do wonder if this is one of the things we've misread the public mood for though. Lots of people I can this is playing well for.
Have a look at some of the readers comments in the Fail and Express (if u can lower yourself). There's outrage at the thought of 'Heidi and Henry' being sent off to some war. All by politicians who did no national service and didn't get £50k's worth of Uni debt.

It's all cobblers anyway , just like Rwanda. All soundbites that they know will never happen. Red meat for a few of the loons, that might save a couple of seats (it won't).

Bringing back public hangings next week I predict.
Old 26-05-2024, 12:30   #132
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4405.jpeg (90.5 KB, 60 views)
Old 26-05-2024, 13:00   #133
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

btw, this was the Official government MoD position on Thursday (after the election was called), in answer to a parliamentary question…

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4406.jpeg (85.6 KB, 54 views)
Old 26-05-2024, 19:10   #134
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Outstanding!
Old 26-05-2024, 19:12   #135
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered stars

Maybe I'm missing something - are we supposed to know who she is ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Closed Thread