Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures
Closed Thread

Old 24-05-2020, 21:10   #331
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It all started with this post, when you knew exactly what Mick was on about but wanted to start an unnecessary argument, as you did last night with me.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...&postcount=254

You are a pedant of the highest degree and this will be my last response to you on the matter.
I know where it started as I answered it.

There was no argument? The quote inside Micks post had a question mark asking if it was illegal. So I answered it correctly saying it depends were he looked for the licence plate.

I'm not sure how that is an argument nor how it makes me a pedant. Any more remarks like that which are personal then I'll just report you.
Advertisement
Old 24-05-2020, 21:15   #332
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Dominic Cummings is an out and out hypocrite but even if he’s broken the law I’d be surprised if there’s another law that says he must lose his job.

He is a political appointment. His value is political. So long as Boris calculates his political value remains greater than the political cost of keeping him on, he stays.

Meantime, this unending game of Where’s Dominic is somehow even more tedious than lockdown. Or maybe for some folks it does relieve the boredom. Who knows, who cares.

That’s my 2p anyway.
This is where it could get interesting - ironically one of the best minds for how it plays out in the public is likely Dom himself.

Do the public get annoyed about it? Unsurprisingly, on this forum the usual Brexit divide and Conservative/other divide has largely held up regardless of the evidence presented by both sides, however we’re all fairly entrenched characters. There have been critical articles in the Times, Telegraph and Spectator on top of the usual suspects. A number of Conservative MPs said he should go and rumours of some of the Cabinet miffed at tweeting support one day to look stupid the next.

Maybe some quiet time in the private sector would do him good, or does anyone know of any other elections on the go this year that could benefit from his... insight?
Old 24-05-2020, 21:15   #333
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I like the sound of Barnard Castle, sounds nice with the bluebells.... Think I might take a trip up there. Lockdown's off apparently.
Old 24-05-2020, 21:21   #334
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
He is a political appointment. His value is political. So long as Boris calculates his political value remains greater than the political cost of keeping him on, he stays.
This is what I don't understand. How much must he be worth to Boris Johnson for this is be worth it for him?

A lot of the time we overestimate how much people care but this seems like a classic scandal that people have paid attention too. Johnson is risking taking a hit over this.

Last edited by Damien; 24-05-2020 at 21:25.
Old 24-05-2020, 21:28   #335
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
This is what I don't understand. How much must he be worth to Boris Johnson for this is be worth it for him?

A lot of the time we overestimate how much people care but this seems like a classic scandal that people have paid attention too. Johnson is risking taking a hit over this.
Dom's got the dirt on Boris. 'Sack me if you dare !'
Old 24-05-2020, 21:43   #336
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
More likely his wife has - she worked with Boris for quite a long time when he was at the Spectator.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 24-05-2020, 21:46   #337
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
This kerfuffle was made for Mr. K!

My advice is at your risk.
Old 24-05-2020, 21:56   #338
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

Normally, if Boris was evaluating this kind of decision, he would go to his data analyst who would give him the relevant intelligence from a balanced dataset of 2,000 voters.
However, in this situation, the data analyst - Dominic Cummings - is the subject in question. So Boris Johnson is removed from his more voter-focused decision-making mechanism and has to go by his instincts, which is to support the man who got him into power.

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
So are you not welcoming the police investigation and possibility that the witness gets prosecuted for wasting police time in the unlikely event you are right?
I certainly am.

Pierre, what about you?
Old 24-05-2020, 22:04   #339
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

even the daily fail turning against him

Old 24-05-2020, 22:16   #340
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

In depth survey on what London thinks of Dominic Cummings' actions.
https://twitter.com/oliverleith/stat...29762770833411

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
even the daily fail turning against him
Thanks for sharing this.

Whilst some loyalists have been slow in understanding that Dominic Cummings broke any rules, the Daily Mail is clear in declaring that Dominic Cummings "flouted PM's own strict lockdown rules".

This front page to me casts doubts on Cummings' position.
Old 24-05-2020, 22:19   #341
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
In depth survey on what London thinks of Dominic Cummings' actions.
https://twitter.com/oliverleith/stat...29762770833411

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:07 ----------

Thanks for sharing this.

Whilst some loyalists have been slow in understanding that Dominic Cummings broke any rules, the Daily Mail is clear in declaring that Dominic Cummings "flouted PM's own strict lockdown rules".

This front page to me casts doubts on Cummings' position.
exactly thats what it about him breaking the rules and government effectively having one rule for the people and one different rule for Cummings
Old 24-05-2020, 22:20   #342
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I'm not sure anything would surprise us, though any clarification on offspring would be of assistance to the likes of Who's Who.
Old 24-05-2020, 22:24   #343
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

The Daily Mail putting paid to this being a lefty, losery, remoanery conspiracy.
Old 24-05-2020, 22:25   #344
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

People underestimate The Daily Mail. They write for their audience and not for the owner. If their read on their audience is that they're angry at the Tories then the Mail will reflect that anger, they're not on some sinister agenda to brainwash them into the political views of Rothermere.
Old 24-05-2020, 22:29   #345
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The Daily Mail putting paid to this being a lefty, losery, remoanery conspiracy.
But it is, partly.

Why the media obsession in Cummings?

Why has someone paid some expense and parked a pickup with large tv screen and parked it outside his house earlier this afternoon?

That is not normal behaviour, it's psychotic, usually attributed to people suffering some kind of derangement syndrome.
Closed Thread